NSR Where is everyone?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rajron

NSR Where is everyone?

Post by rajron »

Where is everyone?
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

That's what I've been wondering. :D
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Argentina?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
laxer

Post by laxer »

Vancouver? I don't know, everyone's snowed in and doesn't want to think about how they can't ride because it makes them depressed.
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I thought about getting Buddy out today because the temperature was in the low 30's and it was snowing very lightly. So I chipped all the ice and packed snow off the driveway then shoveled the chippings away. By the time I was done my back, arms, legs, and nearly every other body part ached. I decided to stay inside, take some ibuprofen and read MB instead. Surprise! There were no new posts, ALL DAY. Until now.

So, right now I am home. Tomorrow I will be in Schaumburg, Il. We are going to Medieval Times for the show. Monday we will be in Milwaukee for a visit to the public museum. Monday evening we will be back home again. That's where I am for the next few days.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Hello o o o o o o ....

(That's my visual representation of an echo, if you can't tell... :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Went for a great ride this afternoon. Portland is having a wonderful bout of february sunshine.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Well, for me today's choice was climbing up on an icy roof to fix a damaged gutter or sitting inside and watching Olympic curling. I chose the former since it promised a speedier, less painful death.

I still can't figure that sport out. First the Scots steal bocce from the Italians, then they manage to slow it down even though they're playing on ice.
:wink:

I guess I'll never fully appreciate the Olympics until they find a way to combine bobsledding, the biathlon, and figure skating. Something along the lines of doing 80 miles an hour on ice while shooting at someone doing a triple toe loop.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

just about every scooter board im on is dead to include mine
i belive there are two im active on that in the last month i have been the only one to post any thing people come and read but dont post

but where have i been in the garage choping a big hole in the fender of my stella and frenching in a hot rod tail light getting her ready for spring

so im willing to bet now that my 08 advacod stella is one of a kind
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

I did go for a 4 mile walk this morning, as we are already getting some spring flowers popping out of the ground here on the CA central coast. Then when I got back home, I almost rode the Buddy, and I almost went for a ride on my ZX-6R, and I almost pulled out the Solstice. But then I decided to get my DVD collection in some sort of order. Tomorrow, I'm going to rearrange my sock drawer and see if I can't get past the air contaminating monster in Dead Space. I just finished watching Surrogates (not a bad movie) and it's almost 7 pm now. I want to go to sleep.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

gotta admit, i've been pretty absent from MB, its been raining and super cold so my scooter has been abandoned, also, my bf snagged himself a yamaha vino 125, and has been fixing it up, and he's been borrowing my buddy battery to start it up

and on top of that, school has been kicking my butt as well, and chuggling between everything and a dog and a cat, has been exhausting :)
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I havent been on much like I used to 24/7. School's been busy, and winter's kept me off the scooter with snow and ice on the roads everyday.
rajron

Post by rajron »

Just got back from watching the Olympics – those athletes are just amazing.
At first I thought there was something wrong with the site; in a few weeks, hopefully, we will all be back on our scooters; telling new and better stories, can’t wait.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Lurking
DonkeyScoot

Post by DonkeyScoot »

I'm here in the city of San Francisco and ride every single day rain or shine. I don't get any snow so I feel for you other folk in colder temps. Just today I drove out to the beach... it was lik 45 degrees out there but it was pretty to look at least.
Sailboat13

fish or go riding

Post by Sailboat13 »

I miss riding and I could be riding because of spending my winters down here in S.W. Fl. So whats the problem,,,,fish are biting. All I get done is fishing. I guess I like fishing first,,,,there I said it, but as soon as the bite stops I'll be back on my Scoot.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Dooglas wrote:Went for a great ride this afternoon. Portland is having a wonderful bout of february sunshine.
Was that your Ural I saw up at Latus Motors yesterday? Pretty red one with sidecar....

I've been outside building an intake hose and UNI filter setup on my Buddy, along with rebuilding the motor on a little Diamo someone gave me.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I've been moving and focusing on getting my new little jazz combo up and "happenin'".

Also, over the past few months I seem to have been the focal point of a certain amount of contention and animosity from certain member, so I don't say a whole lot these days...

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

jmkjr72 wrote:just about every scooter board im on is dead to include mine
i belive there are two im active on that in the last month i have been the only one to post any thing people come and read but dont post

but where have i been in the garage choping a big hole in the fender of my stella and frenching in a hot rod tail light getting her ready for spring

so im willing to bet now that my 08 advacod stella is one of a kind
Got any pics of your project?

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

right here
topic14366.html
and heres the thread on my board
http://scooteraddict.com/forum/index.php?topic=169.0
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I have been busy shoveling snow - and the frustrating thing is my snow blower is parked next to my (under cover) scooter in the garage.
4-8" more inches coming tonight & tomorrow.
Winter sucks
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

ScootLemont wrote:I have been busy shoveling snow - and the frustrating thing is my snow blower is parked next to my (under cover) scooter in the garage.
4-8" more inches coming tonight & tomorrow.
Winter sucks
i know what you mean about sick of moving snow i would love to be able to push the snow with my tractor as it goes a lot quicker then blowing but the fuel tap on my tractor is pluged with rust and its to dang cold to strip the body work off and take the tank off to try and find a replacement in the winter so i have to use the blower
and if it is noce enough i have to move the blower to get to the scoots
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

laxer wrote:Vancouver? I don't know, everyone's snowed in and doesn't want to think about how they can't ride because it makes them depressed.
I don't think Vancouver is snowed in. Shame. Seems to be the only place that isn't - but should be.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Keys wrote: Also, over the past few months I seem to have been the focal point of a certain amount of contention and animosity from certain member, so I don't say a whole lot these days...
i no longer feel contention or animosity toward you...you can come back. :D

it crazy how many members MB has and so few post. the other night i swear i saw something like 75 people on and only 6 or so signed in.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

bigbropgo wrote:
Keys wrote: Also, over the past few months I seem to have been the focal point of a certain amount of contention and animosity from certain member, so I don't say a whole lot these days...

it crazy how many members MB has and so few post. the other night i swear i saw something like 75 people on and only 6 or so signed in.
It gets that way over the winter. Most people don't ride in the winter (unless they live in California) so their interest in scooter culture wains, then the sun comes out and they all come back.

Its happened the last two years, and it'll happen again :)
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I've been riding mostly every day of the week, trouble is it's always to work :cry:
The service industry is an insatiable beast when the "Season" is upon us down here in SW FLA. Since I had the rat rebuilt I have not had any problems or questions, so I have not posted, but read plenty.

Watched curling for the majority of my time after work last nite and I'll be dammned if I can't figure out how they score that stuff? Something like shuffleboard, or bocce like someone else said? I just like to watch the way the sweeper dudes change the direction that stone is travelling in.

Blur 220 and rat? or sell Rat and get blur 220? :?
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
TVB

Post by TVB »

Well, today I went to church to hear my former pastor's special 50th-anniversary-of-preaching sermon...

I did a run to the grocery store for diet cola, chicken breasts, rice cakes, and beer...

Then I met a friend for lunch and a movie (Crazy Heart :+!:)...

...all on my scooter!

The weather was in the upper 30ºFs, coming off a couple weeks of minimal snow and occasional sunshine, so the roads were mostly clear and dry. I hauled Flash out of the storage room, for the second time since November, bundled up, and... scooted.
scootermom

Post by scootermom »

I rode yesterday!!

It was fantastic, and sunny, and warm (sort of). If anyone's familiar with Richmond, VA, I did my first ride over the Huguenot Bridge toward Carytown, rode down to Malvern, up Grove Ave, and then back over the bridge, through Bon Air and back home.

I'm still working on expanding my riding horizons....the back-to-back snowstorms have been seriously cutting into my riding practice!

:helmet:
I write about my scooter obsession here:The ScooterMom blog.

Check out myA Hot Piece of Glass Etsy shop!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I was supposed to go riding yesterday. Decided not to due to forecast of rain. Then it didn't rain. :cry:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I scooted downtown to work on Friday on the Agility and I got out for a few miles around the neighborhood on the Bajaj yesterday. I've mostly been writing my blog on the Dealer Expo stuff and avoiding everything else.

Please let's not talk too much about the Blur SS220i, as I fear that I'm beginning to obsess...
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

This past Saturday was cold, gray and windy, but our scooter group (or at least four of us) had scheduled a ride into Tucson to check out a new restaurant. We stopped briefly at ScootOver, and then met up with Howardr and some of the Sky Island Riders club at Sir Veza's (bad pun, good food). About fifteen minutes into the meal, the skies opened up and turned Tucson into a tidal basin. Riding back, we had to maneuver around flooded areas (Tucson hasn't heard about storm drains yet) and stay off the painted lines. We pulled up to a pair of bikers - no helmets, big harleys - and I asked them, "Are we having fun yet?"My leather jacket and gloves were soaked through, but I managed to get home before hypothermia set in. Dandy fun, can't wait to do it again.
rajron

Post by rajron »

Rain and snow today; tomorrow snow and then who knows what; blaa - scoots back on the tender.
It will get better, it will, it will…it will ……….
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

scootermom wrote:I rode yesterday!!

It was fantastic, and sunny, and warm (sort of). If anyone's familiar with Richmond, VA, I did my first ride over the Huguenot Bridge toward Carytown, rode down to Malvern, up Grove Ave, and then back over the bridge, through Bon Air and back home.
That sounds great. I'm off Hull Street just past the Manchester YMCA. The roads around me are very sandy and there's still ice and snow on the road in the hoods. How were the roads in Carytown?

Be careful out there.

-John
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

shhhh.

I'm invisible!
Heroism is being scared as hell and saddling up anyways - John Wayne
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

well i got my used simonini today
it didnt fit the best so i decided to hack apart the bracket and make it fit better

i just love having a welder in the garage again
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
laxer

Post by laxer »

bigbropgo wrote:
Awww....Keys, we love ya little buddy (or should I say, little rattler?), keep the faith!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

What're you guys talking about? I'M RIGHT HERE!!! :P

That's gotta be at least 25 members to answer this thread. That's a lot right? I've been riding year round pretty much down here,
at least 3-4 times per week or more. Even in the south we've been getting some consistently cold weather... Lowest I rode in
this year was 22 degrees and I just had on regular jeans, canvas shoes, and a down jacket. My legs were burning. Had a good
3 inches of solid ice in my sailboat for like a month straight. It's been nice lately though, in the 50's! 8)
Milktown

Post by Milktown »

gr8dog wrote:I thought about getting Buddy out today because the temperature was in the low 30's and it was snowing very lightly. So I chipped all the ice and packed snow off the driveway then shoveled the chippings away. By the time I was done my back, arms, legs, and nearly every other body part ached. I decided to stay inside, take some ibuprofen and read MB instead. Surprise! There were no new posts, ALL DAY. Until now.

So, right now I am home. Tomorrow I will be in Schaumburg, Il. We are going to Medieval Times for the show. Monday we will be in Milwaukee for a visit to the public museum. Monday evening we will be back home again. That's where I am for the next few days.
my best friend works at medieval times his name is chris. if you see him tell him evan says hi.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

I was right over there the whole time. But I'm here now.

Been riding every day as usual. Check engine light came on in the car today... never had that problem with my Buddy.

Here's to warmer temperatures coming soon for everyone!
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

Long miserable winter - almost 2 months without a scooter ride. In the meantime, I've been obsessively reading the Stella forum and Stellaspeed. Spring will more than make up for this lousy winter.
Clearly.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

lurking and riding my scooter its been nice high 30's supposed to snow but who cares love it
Tocsik

Re: NSR Where is everyone?

Post by Tocsik »

rajron wrote:Where is everyone?
I'm right here. Not on my scooter, dammit!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Buckycat! :)

Sadly, it's been cold and wet here even though it hasn't snowed. I thought about getting my scoot out the last couple of days but it either keeps raining or the wind--which is bitter cold, starts blowing madly! :(
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I was just gonna ask you the same question. :?
ModBud #442
MAJensen

Post by MAJensen »

I’m inside where it is warm and cozy. Lurking and dreaming of spring, or moving to someplace it does not snow. It’s been a long cold winter with lots of snow. We had to put 2 of our 3 scooters in storage to get the car and truck in the garage. So even if it did warm up I’m still stuck waiting till April. :(
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Keys wrote:I've been moving and focusing on getting my new little jazz combo up and "happenin'".

Also, over the past few months I seem to have been the focal point of a certain amount of contention and animosity from certain member, so I don't say a whole lot these days...

--Keys
Keys my man, I've seen your photo doing the Scottish Games. You're a big boy. I think you can take him :twisted: .

Me personally? I've been building a Cafe racer out of a 71 CL350. So I've been spending a lot of time over at dotheton.com getting info and inspiration.

Here are some pics:

Fresh motor build. Built this sucker from the ground up using two different CL motors plus 3mm overbore pistons. Picked up an extra 43cc's after the bore and hone.

Hammered in some knee dents and painted the tank

Freshly painted frame.

Seat, frame, and tank pre-paint.

Gotta ton more but I don't want to totally jack this thread. I haven't been posting here much, but trust me, I've been keeping up with you all from the side lines.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

djelliott wrote:Me personally? I've been building a Cafe racer out of a 71 CL350.
HAWT! We're going to have to see that when it's done. Great work so far!
Keys

Post by Keys »

...now try to find a frame for an SL350...I've owned both the CL and the SL and the SL frame didn't flex as badly. The thing could really handle with the right tires! Good luck on that and keep posting pics!

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Keys wrote:...now try to find a frame for an SL350...I've owned both the CL and the SL and the SL frame didn't flex as badly. The thing could really handle with the right tires! Good luck on that and keep posting pics!

--Keys
Thanks Keys. I'm actually using an SL350 cam. It has a different profile. A little more torque on the bottom end. With that, the 3mm overbore, the Mikuni VM30's, velocity stacks, and electronic ignition, this little girl should be pretty zippy.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
jperkins

no scoot

Post by jperkins »

I sold stella :-(........Hard to talk about scoots when you can't ride....I'll be back someday
MB Member #322