New Genuine Dealer in my area.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JNV

New Genuine Dealer in my area.

Post by JNV »

Well I was excited about getting a new Genuine dealer in my area. So I went and introduced myself as an avid scooterist and I talked to the manager about doing something like a shop sponsored club that will hopefully grow and then be its own club; or maybe a weekly or monthly shop ride to promote scootering and, of course, the Genuine scooters. It seemed they were not interested in anything but selling the scooters and forgetting about us. So now I am dissapointed with my new dealer. Maybe it was me overstepping my bounderies, but I just thought a dealer would not mind that kind of invlovment. Harley Dealers seem to do that with good participation. As a small business owner myself, I love it when people like my product and show it off at different events. Oh well, we are all different I guess.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thats unfortunate. My local dealer is super excited to sponsor rides and events, and will even provide coffee and donuts for rides.
SingAwJib

Post by SingAwJib »

You shouldn't be to hard on them, there are any number of reasons why they might be reluctant to venture down this path. Unfortunate yes, but a bad business person, well time and luck will tell.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Not all dealers get it, which is too bad. Some come around over time. Some wake up and realize that they can't survive on sales alone—especially these days. And some go out of business.

I don't wish that on anyone but it's a tough market right now and dealers need all the help and support they can get.

SingAwJib is right, though. Not everyone wants to sponsor a club. Maybe they see other ways of getting customers and supporting the community. Maybe they're scooter n00bs and don't know there is a community to support.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Next they'll be complaining about how they don't sell enough scooters and wondering why...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

well in the end it will be there loss

maybe they dont realize that rides and club activites bring people in to there shop and when people come in they spend money on farkel and oil
or that having some one who owns one of the scoots in the shop when the guy coming off the street is looking at them

we dont have a club but we meet at the local genuine shop for our rides and the shop is great about it

now this year the shop is helping with the rally that our group is trying to do
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos