Windscreen?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ellen

Post by ellen »

ellen wrote: Anyone have any suggestions on getting the bloody thing out? :cry:
I finally got it out. Of course its the one with the reverse thread!!! GRRRRRRRR

Went to my local lumber yard and they didn't have the reverse thread..
Probably going to try Home Depot or Lowes tonight. If they don't have them. Anyone have any suggestions as to were I can find these?
bwilms

Post by bwilms »

Looks like I'm a little late. Good job on getting it out. I used a pipe wrench, which did the trick.

When I went to my local hardware store they didn't have any reverse thread bolts, but they didn't seem to think it would be an issue to get one in. So, if none of the stores have them in stock, maybe ask them if there is any way you can "special order" them.

Otherwise, contact whomever you purchased the windscreen from and see if they might be able to help out.
castleton

Post by castleton »

Had my short windscreen installed at Scooter Centrale in Ct yesterday--I was able to warn the installer about the "too long" reverse thread bolt in advance (his first install) and he hacksawed it down to the proper length. I'm lovin' it, and it looks perfect.

8)
--Pam

"You're not the boss of me, now."
dorothyblue

Post by dorothyblue »

ellen wrote:
ellen wrote: Anyone have any suggestions on getting the bloody thing out? :cry:
I finally got it out. Of course its the one with the reverse thread!!! GRRRRRRRR

Went to my local lumber yard and they didn't have the reverse thread..
Probably going to try Home Depot or Lowes tonight. If they don't have them. Anyone have any suggestions as to were I can find these?
Somehow I got two bolts with reverse threads and no regular bolt. Guess I was lucky as wrong hardware goes.