I'm new: I have New Buddy & a New License Endorsement!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

maryvu

I'm new: I have New Buddy & a New License Endorsement!!

Post by maryvu »

Hi All,

Mary here, in Seattle WA.

I got my Cream Buddy 125 this month.

- I don't usually name my vehicles, but this time, I did. Her name's May (I bought her May 1).
- I have a chrome rack, and Givi case on the back. The Givi has a tidy application of SOLAS grade reflective tape around rim of the lid.
- I also have black reflective on the side along the floor (it reflects white at night)
- I'll do the turn signal mod this week, and probably add the chrome front rack, because I don't like the little punch out holes.

I passed my MSF class yesterday

- The School just happened to have a brand new Yamaha Vino for me to take the class on. Nice ride, but obviously, I like the buddy.
- It was exhausting! I have some health issues with fatigue and such, so I'm VERY glad I didn't need to take it on the motorcycles. (I still have dreams of having a low-growling cruiser, so I may take the class again, to bone up on the shifting or just learn on my GF's 2005 Stella!)
- I'm an avid cyclist, years of cycling on the road really helped me with the common sense safety concepts, as well as the balance and slow speed manuvering. I blew the figure-eights though, so just eeked by with an 80.

First big RIDE
- 40 mile round trip commute from Seattle to Kent WA.
- What a blast! On my off days from pedal cycling (push bike, as they say in the UK), May is my new best uhhh..'buddy?'

I've gotten lots of great information the last month or so from all of you. Thanks! I'll post a picture of my ride soon...

- Mary
[/b][/list]
hangukhurley

Post by hangukhurley »

Welcome, Mary!

Congrats on getting "May" and passing your MSF class. That's "totally awesome" (as my five-year old son would say) that they had a Vino to use in class--what a deal!

- hangukhurley & Frenchy...Pretty in Pink!
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Welcome!

CONGRATS on passing!

POST PICTURES OF YOUR MODIFICATIONS AND YOUR BIKE IN IT'S CURRENT STATE!!! please.