Where's my 4T Stella?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

10gallonhat

Where's my 4T Stella?

Post by 10gallonhat »

The simple answer: I have no idea. But, I've been checking every news source I can think of multiple times a day.

Anybody care to speculate where their 4T stella is? Or anybody have any updates from their dealers on when they might arrive?

My dealer mentioned them arriving on the East Coast... so I imagine they are somewhere in the South Atlantic right now. However, the consensus seems to be they are coming to the West coast, so maybe south Pacific.

If only Cargo Ships had tracking numbers I could lookup multiple times a day like I do when I order something via UPS.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'd be kind of surprised if any were coming to the East Coast from India.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

I'll admit, I may have heard wrong... as I was mostly not paying attention and thinking about the new Stella I was buying!
Queen

Post by Queen »

I think they're floating just offshore, someone on the ship reads MB and said "let's mess with that 10gallonhat dude!!". :D
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

Queen wrote:I think they're floating just offshore, someone on the ship reads MB and said "let's mess with that 10gallonhat dude!!". :D
This is what I was thinking... conspiracy.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I was talking to my dealer about that a couple of days ago. He said, "If I'm told I will have them next Friday, I tell the customer.....nothing. I wait til they have actually arrived at the store." That's how unpredictable shipping is.
i was helping them unload scooters one day. One of them had been badly damaged in transit, so the truck driver said that he had given the previous dealer one of "our" scooters to them, so we would be one short. What kind of crap is that?

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Ok, here is your tracking information!

Genuine Scooters
5400 N. Damen Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
email: info (@) genuinescooters.com
Member 2715
Chrome Rear Rack
Genuine Top Case
Black Grips
Chrome Front Rack
Garmin GPS & Ram Mount
PIAA HS1
13g Dr. Pully Sliders
Everstart 9-BS AGM Battery
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dean F wrote:Ok, here is your tracking information!

Genuine Scooters
5400 N. Damen Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
email: info (@) genuinescooters.com
:rofl:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they can even help you. I've recently learned a bit about container shipping from Asia. Basically, once the ship leaves, it's kind of a crap shoot. It gets here when it gets here and no one can say exactly when. It's kind of hard to believe that anything still works this way in these modern times, but shipping by sea is still fairly slow and subject to many variables. It's a big ocean.

And the Kraken is out there, somewhere…
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Queen

Post by Queen »

ericalm wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they can even help you. I've recently learned a bit about container shipping from Asia. Basically, once the ship leaves, it's kind of a crap shoot. It gets here when it gets here and no one can say exactly when. It's kind of hard to believe that anything still works this way in these modern times, but shipping by sea is still fairly slow and subject to many variables. It's a big ocean.

And pirates, don't forget pirates.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Queen wrote:
ericalm wrote:

Yeah, they'll convert the scoots into little 4T shifty jet ski thingies.

Here comes some bragging: I know exactly where my Stella is. The one I'm getting will be slightly pre-used. It was at Indy and has been used for some promotions and reviews. So, maybe even worse, my Stella is here, I've seen it and I have to keep waiting until I can get it! Fortunately, I get to visit it occasionally at the dealer. I go in, sit on it, pet it. You know, the usual.
Mark2000

Post by Mark2000 »

My dealer said he got an email paraphrasing "Thank you for your patience. The arrival will be by end of May." So we've got at least a month left.
10gallonhat

Post by 10gallonhat »

Yeah - my dealer said probably by the end of May, but my impatience causes me to ignore that statement :P
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

10gallonhat wrote:Yeah - my dealer said probably by the end of May, but my impatience causes me to ignore that statement :P
Check your inbox
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

My dealer doesn’t tell me squat. :cry: That’s what I get for going with a new, local-to-me dealer and not the big historic dealer down in Denver, over an hour away.
That’s why I am dependant on you good folks to let me know what you find out.
bluezurich’s dealer tell him all kinds of goodies- and he’s worked out the nautical speed of the boat and everything – look for his comments here and there or send him a PM
Queen wrote:And pirates, don't forget pirates.
The whole pirates thing I would be realistically worried if they were traveling west and past the east coast of Africa (Somalia). But since they are going the opposite way I am realistically relieved. I know it’s not impossible for the boat to get hijacked- but since they are not traveling through the world’s worst danger zone in order to get here, makes it a lot safer and a lot less likely for THAT kind of time delay.

And it’s good for the pirates too- because if I heard my scooter got hijacked by pirates – I’d be on a anti-pirate mission of my own and those Pirates would be in trouble- I WANT my scooter! (I’d bet I’m not alone in that feeling either J)!
ericalm wrote:So, maybe even worse, my Stella is here, I've seen it and I have to keep waiting until I can get it!
And Eric, :shock:
That SUCKS!
For you and for us.
The selfish brat in me is screaming “That’s not fair!” Over and over again.
But then, when I think if it from your side- you get to see it – you can smell it- you can even touch it- but you can’t have it.
Eric, I am sorry- that’s like a deep level of Scooter Hell and I feel for ya man. :(

In the mean time we all just gotta stick together like some kind of support group for Scooter Withdrawal.
Last edited by Lovelandstella on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Lovelandstella wrote:My dealer doesn’t tell me squat. :cry: That’s what I get for going with a new local to me dealer and not the big historic dealer down in Denver, over an hour away.
bluezurich’s dealer tell him all kinds of goodies- and he’s worked out the nautical speed of the boat and everything – look for his comments here and there or send him a PM

The whole pirates thing I would be realistically worried if they were traveling west and past the east coast of Africa (Somalia). But since they are going the opposite way I am realistically relieved. I know it’s not impossible for the boat to get hijacked- but since they are not traveling through the world’s worst danger zone in order to get here, makes it a lot safer and a lot less likely for THAT kind of time delay.

And it’s good for the pirates too- because if I heard my scooter got hijacked by pirates – I’d be on a anti-pirate mission of my own and those Pirates would be in trouble- I WANT my scooter! (I’d bet I’m not alone in that feeling either J)!

That SUCKS!
For you and for us.
But then, when I think if it from your side- you get to see it – you can smell it- you can even touch it- but you can’t have it.
Eric, I am sorry- that’s like a deep level of Scooter Hell and I feel for ya man. :(

In the mean time we all just gotta stick together like some kind of support group for Scooter Withdrawal.

Just tell me pleeeeeeeeease you haven't already named your unborn scoot!
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Back to ships, they take about 2 weeks from Asia (I work at the port of LA/Long Beach). Then you have lazy people like me that take our time unloading the ship (up to 4 days). So get a beer, sit back and watch the game :lol:
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote: Just tell me pleeeeeeeeease you haven't already named your unborn scoot!
I have not "decided" but I have a list on the fridge...
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

ScootStevie wrote:Back to ships, they take about 2 weeks from Asia (I work at the port of LA/Long Beach). Then you have lazy people like me that take our time unloading the ship (up to 4 days). So get a beer, sit back and watch the game :lol:
Well since it left India around the 18th then 2 weeks and four days isn't the end of May it's closer to early mid. (Starting to remind me of an old Steve Martin gig about pot)

Thanks for the tidbit dockmeister. :)
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:
ScootStevie wrote:So get a beer, sit back and watch the game :lol:
Well since it left India around the 18th then 2 weeks and four days isn't the end of May it's closer to early mid. ...:)
well that is pleasantly sooner than I was expecting- 8) but still- that's a LOT of beer while waiting... :)
Last edited by Lovelandstella on Sat May 08, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lovelandstella
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Oh but there's more. Then it has to clear customs, go to the warehouse and get seperated to go to different places. Another week :lol: So now get a 12 pack and kick back :rofl: From the dockmeister

PS maybe I won't go to work tonight :shock:
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

ScootStevie wrote:Oh but there's more. Then it has to clear customs, go to the warehouse and get seperated to go to different places. Another week :lol: So now get a 12 pack and kick back :rofl: From the dockmeister

PS maybe I won't go to work tonight :shock:
Dear Phillip McScooter, CEO Genuine Scoot'r Inc.,

You are a master of space and time! You have magically transformed April, essentially a tool in order to have a beautiful May into June and possibly July! I am concerned about new riders and safety with the hotter temps at the delivery times and the foregoing of wearing proper attire.

Again, kudos to your mystical manipulations. Perhaps if the scooter business goes downhill you could find work at Apple, Inc designing the Unicorn I so anxiously await.

Yours in four strokes,

Water Chestnut III
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ScootStevie wrote:Oh but there's more. Then it has to clear customs, go to the warehouse and get seperated to go to different places. Another week...
well, so long as it's in the country or on the ground and no longer in danger of a "rouge torpedo" or something- I do feel a little bit better. :P

In this metaphorical "life in the dark", even the rumor of "light" can get my hopes up.

and yes, its pathetic on my part. :oops:
(both the "metaphor" and also trying to use "yellow" against a white background)... :shock:
~Lovelandstella
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Never mind Stella, where's my Blur?
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

There was an email to dealers saying he 220's will be taking even longer than the stellas, October?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bluezurich wrote:There was an email to dealers saying he 220's will be taking even longer than the stellas, October?
Yeah, I don't think the Blur is coming until late Q3/Q4. No specific info, but a guess. It hasn't passed CARB in CA yet.
Roose Hurro

Post by Roose Hurro »

Lovelandstella wrote:My dealer doesn’t tell me squat. :cry: That’s what I get for going with a new local to me dealer and not the big historic dealer down in Denver, over an hour away.

That SUCKS!
For you and for us.

I can do the same with the SYM Symba sitting at my dealer. Sit on it, drool over it, dream of the time I'm able to afford it... which is the only reason it's not quite as bad for me that the Symba STILL ISN'T LEGAL FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA... YET! Passed EPA, still waiting for CARB. So I've been told......... :cry:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

ericalm wrote:
bluezurich wrote:There was an email to dealers saying he 220's will be taking even longer than the stellas, October?
Yeah, I don't think the Blur is coming until late Q3/Q4. No specific info, but a guess. It hasn't passed CARB in CA yet.
That would be a bit of a bummer. Me dealer is still quoting June sometime, but it's OK if it's later, I'll wait. The good news is that at least it's on Genuine's site now...
http://www.genuinescooters.com/scooters/blur/blur.html
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
bosco
Dealer

Post by bosco »

last week my rep said 15 days. -so next week?

I am thinking the second week of May.
bluezurich

Glad I'm having the seat changed at the dealer

Post by bluezurich »

I'll be checking youtube for vids of the dockmeister Stevie desecrating our new rides.
Lovelandstella

Re:

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:subject: Glad I'm having the seat changed at the dealer
:rofl: :lol:
~Lovelandstella
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

well i would have to take a stab and say a good chunk of the 4 strokes are going to ca first and after the preorders there are filled then they will be working into other areas
with the larger dealers that have moved a lot of stellas getting theres first
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

jmkjr72 wrote:well i would have to take a stab and say a good chunk of the 4 strokes are going to ca first and after the preorders there are filled then they will be working into other areas
with the larger dealers that have moved a lot of stellas getting theres first
Okay, so lemmie put together "what I've heard" with "some major speculation on my part" and see what happens.

Now, We are talking about the 1st shipment of Stella 4T's, the 1st ones, the 2010's - the "microbatch" (if you will) , and not the full order of maybe 2011 or something that wont be here untill most people are putting their scooter in the garage or really bundlin' up, you know, Q4 or so.

So, it was like 5000 units, right? and that's all on one "ship", I imagine. Heck, They probably had room for a "shipload" of other stuff on there too: clothing, exotic animals, lost beatles recordings, and textiles, among other things.
And they are all crated - [we know this] and, I speculate, barcoded or in some other way "outwardly identified" (so they don't have to pry them all open at the dock and be like- "yup 1,2,3,4 ... okay that's 1000 red- mark those for me will ya? yup 1,2,3,4...1000 blue.." They probably just scan the codes and then call it good.)
Also this way our dealers could be notified by email of the VINs they are getting- they can tell us, and we can get our insurance all in order so we can drive home with confidence! Anyway they scan the codes and then, I bet, they have a check list of trucks and then "these particular scooter crates go on this truck and ultimately to this location" and "these go to that location", and then they load them up correctly, and then, as they say, the autobots "roll out" to their destinations.
Upon which, it's obvious that CA will get theirs first as, well: location! location! location! But then as the trucks move along they will reach all the other locations. And the east coast -not getting punished or anything- but they are farther away, so I imagine that it takes a while longer for them due to physical distance.

Now, I suppose there could be an unfortunate incident where they dont have enough trucks (it's possible, but not likely- as in this economy they could just open up the "trucking" to privately owned tractor trailers -there's like a million of them)
But lets say that they only have enough trucks for HALF the scooters (it very well could be only a 1/3 or even a fourth, but lets say it was half) - anyway, then they send out half, drop them off, bring the trucks back, load up and then roll out again. In that case, does the 1st half all go out to the closest half of america? that'd put the farther half of America's arrival date even further back than expected. Or, do they send the East coast trucks out first? that'd push the local half of america into getting them later still. or maybe they split the country in half in different ways- high producing dealers 1st, then others?
Or it could be a mulitiude of many ways of transport: local deliveries done on small budget rental trucks, while the East coast deliveries travel safely by train from CA for most of the way at high speeds delivering many many scooters across the nation in bulk to the major cities and then broken down into smaller groups from there to our dealers.

Either way: do I think that CA will get their scooters, prep them, and sell out of them all before the rest of them are even delivered to the rest of us? No, I don't think so. All 5000 or so of those scooters are already spoken for- not likely all with deposits and certainly not all pre-purchased- but they all have a promised and assigned location- that is why the dealers had to snag them up fast back in feburary/march - so that CA didn't get them all, or at least so I got one :-)

Some have posed the possibility- on whether or not Genuine will ship them all to Chicago for some kind of inspection and Then ship them all the way back out across the country to our dealers. This is of course, assuming that Genuine didn't have reps there in India in the 1st place waving the New Stellas "Bon Voyage" off the India Coast as they shipped out to us. I like to think that Genuine's had a team working and living there for the past year working "round the clock" with all the head honchos out there. (but I just like to think like that kind of stuff). Anyway, as to shipping them all straight to Chicago before our dealers even get the splinters from the crate, While that sounds like a nightmare to all of us, for the sake of liability and quality control ect- it might be useful to Genuine. But personally (and from a business standpoint) I think it's got to be cheaper to fly a person or two from Chicago to the port in CA to inspect right there at the docks, maybe open one or two (not every single one- just a very small sampling -if any - I mean Ronald Mcdonald doesn't take a bite out of every fry, for example) and give then the shipment a thumbs up or down, from there in Cali. Then, if there is a more specific problem found later, the local dealer will notice it and notify the Genuine HQ. Who then would hopefully let me down easy, with some heartbreaker like "Welp, it's missing the engine..." or something equally horrible, then they'd yell "Psyche!", point to the real Stella 4T behind the corner. Then we all laugh and jump into a high five, ending in a freeze frame while the credits roll on the movie called "the Great Stella Wait"

Anyway that is my 2 cents. I could, as allways, Be wrong. Any facts to support ort deny my ramblings?

I only go on an on about it because my garage is all set up- my helmet is on the wall, my jacket is on the hanger, the "it's a girl" cigars are all lined up in a row, my insuance agent is ready with his pen for the new policy and I am sitting around on the internet wishing ridiculous things like: if I could be changing the tire just for fun of it to time myself...

My name is LovelandStella, and I'm a Stellaholic. thank you.
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Nah, there's no way that if Cali dealers ordered a gazillion of them which actually the initial run is for 1500, not 5000, that they would swallow all of the orders up and we'd be left high and dry. My dealer says his are on the first shipment. This is from someone who has sold TONS of Stellas. He's not going to be screwed because of his geographic location by shops who haven't sold a single bike yet. Genuine wouldn't do business that way. Yes a company rep will take receipt of the shipment at the port but inspect the 1500? They are in crates so, no.

Could yours be missing an engine? Yes it could also come with a live python in the gas tank but most likely it will be fine.
Speculation is a fun game but what I think is going to really happen is if your dealer has their act together they will give you a heads up with a VIN once your bike is slated to truck to the shop giving you a real ETA. Real because your dealer has ordered previously through Genuine and be it a Blur or Buddy or a Stella it takes the same amount of time to reach the destination once it's loaded to roll.
Until then perhaps we should start a Paypal fund for Stevie to 'expedite' things!
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

hate to say it but the first shipment has been here and they are forsale in ca
and there are demo bikes out there floating around phill had one in madison last week

and the first order of 1500 has been sold out for some time how many were actual pre orders i have no idea or if it was just dealers buying them

maybe you should ask genuine if they want to do a program like chevy does with the vette where you can go to the plant for the "birth" and take it home with you

but that would involove a plane to india
then you shipping it back your self
get it on a boat in idnia then that boat will make dozens of stops before it hits us soil
then you have to deal with customs

now could genuine be manupilating the market
maybe yamaha did it with the roll out of the zuma 125
for the first 6 months of sales if the z125 they kept the supply low and dealers were getting full msrp and then some becuase you couldnt find them
and yes some dealers sold there what people had preordered to the public with out giving the guy that preorderd one his

genuine was also talking about a second order of 2010s depending upon how the first 1500 actauly went

if your not in ca i wouldnt count on getting any till the middle of may
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Don't worry guys, we're working hard to get you your beloved scoots. Any paypal money will be donated to the mob boss :lol:
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

jmkjr72 wrote:hate to say it but the first shipment has been here and they are forsale in ca
and there are demo bikes out there floating around phill had one in madison last week
you are so full of shit

and the first order of 1500 has been sold out for some time how many were actual pre orders i have no idea or if it was just dealers buying them

maybe you should ask genuine if they want to do a program like chevy does with the vette where you can go to the plant for the "birth" and take it home with you

get it on a boat in idnia then that boat will make dozens of stops before it hits us soil

for the first 6 months of sales if the z125 they kept the supply low and dealers were getting full msrp and then some becuase you couldnt find them
and yes some dealers sold there what people had preordered to the public with out giving the guy that preorderd one his

genuine was also talking about a second order of 2010s depending upon how the first 1500 actauly went

Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:actually the initial run is for 1500, not 5000,
That's right- my bad- I got the "5" right though :-) that's 300 of each color- although... selling 300 of that Mustard yellow color is a stretch to say the least- did anyone buy or pre-order that color- I'm curoius? it's cool if you will- but I wont. the other colors are Just so Awesome!
jmkjr72 wrote:hate to say it but the first shipment has been here and they are forsale in ca
I am confused.
well yeah there's like 3 or so demo bikes that have been around for a while- I think that's how they passed CA carb testing? just ask the good people at 2 stroke buzz , and that was last May (a year ago)

and the first order of 1500 has been sold out for some time okay, now I am very confused! I'm sorry.
how many were actual pre orders i have no idea or if it was just dealers buying them
oh, I think I see what the confusion is, (for me, anyway). the dealers had to put their bids in for the new stellas, and back in feburary/march they [genuine] were runnig out of stellas [from their 1500 initial 'microbatch"] to deal out to the dealers, upon which Genuine would then ship those requested products to those dealers, whereupon the dealers would then turn around and sell them to us. so while they are "sold" according to Genuine the manufacturer and distrubitor, and per the dealer they are "bought" - as far as the product goes, they have not yet been sold to a consumer/customer/person who will take it home. so they are in a similar status as are all the other cars, trucks, scooters, and helicopters sitting on dealership floors across the country: owned by a dealer but not yet sold to a consumer. though where you and I understand differently is (if I understnd you correctly- tell me if I am wrong) is that you say the 1st 1500 Stella 4ts are alive and well in the US of A, having been previously shipped here and sold and gone and thus, that there are, say, 1500 people in CA who own them right now and are possibly riding them in the sun, as recently as this last weekend? even today? - (none of whom are members of this forum? or too busy riding, more likely. Not an impossible feat as I, for one, will easily take a solid month off from posting/reading/visiting anything on this fun site to enjoy every moment with my NEW Stella 4t when it arrives and maybe spend a little time with my wife, too. :P )- in contrast, I believe, in comparison: the Stella 4ts are not here yet. or at least the jealous child in me 'hopes' they are not =since I don't have one yet and I fear to be the "only kid without a toy"

Nah, some people might - but I agree with you: too far and too much trouble with customs. I'll just enjoy This. - I love this link! I go there once a week, minimum!

for the first 6 months of sales if the z125 they kept the supply low and dealers were getting full msrp and then some because you couldn't find them
possibly, but in this economy it's very very risky. I already paid for mine- if something funky started going on I'd turn around and buy something else or put my money back in the bank while cursing to myself for "taking a chance" or "going against my better judgment". I understand that other companies might have done that, but that doesn't sound "genuine" to me - or, I mean "Like genuine"
that sucks! that's like negative customer service! I'd vow never to work with that company again, and I'd never shut up about it- I'd tell everyone, the company would regret it forever. I also don't see Genuine doing that, but I can agree- that is a horrible scenario.

genuine was also talking about a second order of 2010s depending upon how the first 1500 actauly went.
well yeah that makes sense. if they can't sell 1500 then why sign their death warrant and go into debt ordering another 3000, [all together now] "especially in this economy"? - but if these sell out right away and create more demand then they may order another 5k. but if they sell just right then they may only bring in enough to hold over till the next years model and a slightly healthier economy. or maybe enough for a boost from this new Tom Hanks scooter movie when it releases- to meet the resulting demand at that point. I agree with Genuine- even in the face of all the excitement this forum has to offer- it's too early to tell what the national demand will be untill after they get their initial sales tallied up.

I agree, other than including CA, but I already mentioned that...
Last edited by Lovelandstella on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Dude I might just have to disagree with you on the mustard color and refer you to coldbeer's vespa project ala Stellaspeed. google. Muted shades have always been the favorite flavors of vintage scooters. Mildew green was and is a huge #1 choice for restorers. Sure red harkens back to our first stingray and go fast days as a kid but a pukey color on something so bulbous is just well...right. Mustard, my 2nd choice.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:Dude I might just have to disagree with you on the mustard color and refer you to coldbeer's vespa project ala Stellaspeed. google. Muted shades have always been the favorite flavors of vintage scooters. Mildew green was and is a huge #1 choice for restorers. Sure red harkens back to our first stingray and go fast days as a kid but a pukey color on something so bulbous is just well...right. Mustard, my 2nd choice.
That's a fair statement, well Said! ColdBeer's Scoot is a work of art and shame on me for not following that story closer- it looks beautiful! I do feel the gold flaking or sparkles (or whatever the term is) is really selling that muted orange color.
I think its the brown trim with the muted colors, that is not hitting my eye just right. (of course I wear glasses- maybe they're dirty). but when I imagine the mustard yellow with all black seats and handles ect- I can see that looking much better. where as my bright Red with brown trim, I hope to look as good as I fantasiz-er- "Imagine" it will look...
and I fully agree with your muted blue with all black - they just wouldn't look as good with the brown.
however - the muted green stella looks even better with the brown, than it did with the black- if you ask me- yet that seems to go against with what I just said above.... anyway the green/brown was my 2nd choice- well actually tied with the white with the brown trim... gosh...

so, to better state my opinion: I don't even fully understand why I like what I like; I just do. Thus, from now on I will keep my big mouth shut about "ugly colors" since even in a room by myself I can get myself confused. :lol:
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

1/2 real, 1/2 bodgepost

Post by bluezurich »

All that comes off and can be replaced with any color you like. With a 2 year warranty, my mechanicals are staying stock (just adding LED's) but I'm making the scoot mine and unique for sure.In fact, I won't even see it stock as it's getting a facelift prior to me picking it up. Yes, one of the first blue 300.

See I checked and 299 are in California being ridding by folks whom have signed pacts with sAtAn to not blog/write/tweet/post/teletype/smokesignal or burp about the existence of a 4t. The last one is heading to me because my Dealer outsold all others in the lower 47.(CA no 2T joke)
;)
coastie

Post by coastie »

http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Googleearth.html

If you find out the name of the ship, or ships, you can track them.
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Oh but didn't you hear? It's come and gone. Loveland and I are hoping for to get shipment #2 in October now and that's why we're switching to Orange scoots.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

coastie wrote:http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Googleearth.html

If you find out the name of the ship, or ships, you can track them.
this is cool though! anybody have the ship name ect? I would love to track this. the race is on to see who can get the ship name 1st!
then we can see for sure if it landed or not I guess. :wink:
~Lovelandstella
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

The Star of India
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

bluezurich wrote:The Star of India
Nah, for the marketing value they'd go for something more Italian-sounding: "La Mare Linguini".

:P
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

Think they have sold more stars than stellas
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

ericalm wrote:
Queen wrote:
ericalm wrote: And the Kraken is out there, somewhere…
Yeah, they'll convert the scoots into little 4T shifty jet ski thingies.
OMG HOW DID I MISS THIS?! :lol: I've always said the SeaDoo was the scooter of the sea....
ModBud #442
bluezurich

Want to see how your Stella/Belladonna/Star etc is made?

Post by bluezurich »

Here's a tour of the LML factory..... via Eddy Bullet

http://www.eddybullet.com/page10.html
Lovelandstella

Re: Want to see how your Stella/Belladonna/Star etc is made?

Post by Lovelandstella »

bluezurich wrote:Here's a tour of the LML factory..... via Eddy Bullet
http://www.eddybullet.com/page10.html
I know! isn't it awesome?! I mentioned it earlier - but it was easy to miss (I talk too much) 8)
Lovelandstella wrote:
jmkjr72 wrote:...maybe you should ask genuine if they want to do a program like chevy does with the vette where you can go to the plant for the "birth" and take it home with you...
Nah...I'll just enjoy This. - I love this link! I go there once a week, minimum!
I'm curious to see if anyone will ever get photos of the 4T Stella's (or Star) different process. I figure any tours from now on would show it.(since they don't seem to make the 2T anymore?)
~Lovelandstella
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

lml still makes the 2 stroke genuine decided to not carry the 2 stroke any more
in austraila you can get nothing but the 2 stroke still and in europe you can get both
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos