Chuck and the Buddy St. Tropez

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Chuck and the Buddy St. Tropez

Post by ericalm »

We'd heard that NoHo Scooters had provided a couple Buddys for an upcoming episode of "Chuck." Tonight's episode ended with a preview with our first glimpse. I think the episode airs in 3 weeks. From the promo, it looks like the Bud gets ridden through a big glass window!

There was a scoot in tonight's episode, but I didn't get a good look at it.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Yay I love Chuck, but it looks like we have to wait 3 weeks to see the scoots in action! They are taking a little break.
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

+1 My whole family loves Chuck! :D
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Well I always knew the Buddy was the perfect Spy transport vehicle. Now we have proof! :D
Vic

Post by Vic »

I missed seeing the scooter! We love Chuck!

-v
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Read the subject line and thought it was going to be about Chuck Norris! Dang. Well, I guess spies riding Buddies through plate glass windows is still pretty cool...

When the boogeyman goes to bed at night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris on a Buddy!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

GrittyTacoman wrote:Read the subject line and thought it was going to be about Chuck Norris! Dang. Well, I guess spies riding Buddies through plate glass windows is still pretty cool...

When the boogeyman goes to bed at night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris on a Buddy!
Well, everyone knows the Buddy is the Chuck Norris of scooters....
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Kaos wrote:
GrittyTacoman wrote:Read the subject line and thought it was going to be about Chuck Norris! Dang. Well, I guess spies riding Buddies through plate glass windows is still pretty cool...

Well, everyone knows the Buddy is the Chuck Norris of scooters....
:P It's the beard!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Using a St. Tropez may be a 'tribute' of sorts to the BEST TV spy ever, Simon Templar, The Saint!!
Attachments
SaintLogo - Copy.jpg
SaintLogo - Copy.jpg (7.45 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
Last edited by KABarash on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxer

Post by laxer »

I just recently started watching Chuck (got drawn in by the fact that it had one of my fav Firefly alums in it), I was thinking that was a buddy I saw in the previews.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

laxer wrote:I just recently started watching Chuck (got drawn in by the fact that it had one of my fav Firefly alums in it), I was thinking that was a buddy I saw in the previews.

And that the theme song is by Cake!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

BuddyRaton wrote:
laxer wrote:I just recently started watching Chuck (got drawn in by the fact that it had one of my fav Firefly alums in it), I was thinking that was a buddy I saw in the previews.

And that the theme song is by Cake!
Yeah, I love that part. Makes for a great intro theme too :)
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Firefly was great it deserved to survive.... Oh well there is always the comic book version of it:)
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
TVB

Post by TVB »

It's a brief cameo, but the Buddy made its first on-screen leap into International espionage in tonight's episode of Chuck.

Spoilers:

The Buddy can be glimpsed briefly in the background as Chuck and Sarah (handcuffed together) subdue the guys holding them. They have no time to spare to save Casey and Morgan from a bunch of bad guys. Chuck spots a vehicle nearby: Glamor shot of the Buddy International, nameplate easily legible if you have an HD set, still recognizable even if you don't. After apparently using their super spy skills to start it without the key, we next see the Buddy turn a corner and come to a halt, Chuck piloting, Sarah on his lap (see above screen capture) with dramatic horns playing. (Think "Fanfare for the Common Man".) They see Casey and Morgan through the cafe window. Dramatic pause. Close up of Chuck twisting to WOT. Close up of the Buddy's rear whitewall burning rubber. Interior shot as the Buddy (without Chuck and Sarah) crashes through the window, apparently landing safely(!). Chuck and Sarah follow and lots of kicks and punches ensue, as the Buddy wisely lays low in the background.

So, not a huge spotlight on the Buddy, but he plays the role well. And while there's a bit of a geeky undercurrent to their choice of vehicle, it's also culturally appropriate for the setting (they're in the Alps), and it isn't played for laughs.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I was dissapointed :?

the 'sacrificial' scooter :cry:
booleanman

Pics

Post by booleanman »

The buddy in question.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (65.17 KiB) Viewed 944 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (68.2 KiB) Viewed 944 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (70.48 KiB) Viewed 944 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (92.67 KiB) Viewed 944 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (57.59 KiB) Viewed 944 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 944 times
- bool
squash1978

Post by squash1978 »

I have to admit that I can't stand that show
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Pics

Post by ericalm »

booleanman wrote:The buddy in question.
Awesome! Thanks!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
malakai

Here it is!

Post by malakai »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yBjAPuhLvw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yBjAPuhLvw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Last edited by malakai on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I now know what my Buddy needs...
casters / training wheels.... just like those in this TV show

:)
Attachments
Picture 2.jpg
Picture 2.jpg (59.98 KiB) Viewed 917 times
nateandcourt

Post by nateandcourt »

iMoses wrote:I now know what my Buddy needs...
casters / training wheels.... just like those in this TV show

:)
I was trying to figure out what that was :lol:
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. "

Douglas Adams
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Had fun checking out the show. Was oddly nervous though. It was like watching my kid in the school play!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

GrittyTacoman wrote:Had fun checking out the show. Was oddly nervous though. It was like watching my kid in the school play!
We watched it off my DVR last night. My son was SOO excited to see a Buddy, he kept making me rewind it to see the Buddy again and again.