Please Join Me In A Cathartic Piss and Moan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

loodieboy

Please Join Me In A Cathartic Piss and Moan

Post by loodieboy »

What sucks?

Well, for starters, breaking in new boots. My last pair had just reached ripe perfection. Perhaps that is why my wife's dog decided to eat them. So here I am, mid-spring, riding in stiff new boots. That truly sucks.

Something else that sucks? How about clown drivers who, for some inexplicable reason, refuse to drive behind a scooter. You know the type. It doesn't matter if you are booking along at or above the speed limit. They just have to pass you. Just because. Like the idiot last night who recklessly passed me on the double yellow because . . . just because. Does he then zoom beyond view over the horizon hell-bent on reaching a hospital or fire or some other dire emergency? No, of course not. He putts along slower than I had been going. Only now, he is not behind my scooter. Just because.

Your turn.
Clearly.
KABarash

Re: Please Join Me In A Cathartic Piss and Moan

Post by KABarash »

loodieboy wrote:Something else that sucks? How about clown drivers who, for some inexplicable reason, refuse to drive behind a scooter. You know the type. It doesn't matter if you are booking along at or above the speed limit. They just have to pass you. Just because. Like the idiot last night who recklessly passed me on the double yellow because . . . just because. Does he then zoom beyond view over the horizon hell-bent on reaching a hospital or fire or some other dire emergency? No, of course not. He putts along slower than I had been going. Only now, he is not behind my scooter. Just because.

Your turn.
I know exactly how you feel.... Happens to me frequently!
How about the time I got on the highway for about 1/2 mile some 'joker' (blonde) in a red Mini passed me on the shoulder!!! I was keeping with traffic!!!!!!
Her 'air blast' almost pushed me under an 18 wheeler I was 'pacing'!!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Blowing up your engine sucks.
Then blowing it up again 300 miles later sucks more.
Also waiting 2 weeks for parts from deepest darkest Thailand sucks.

Cathartic!
Vic

Post by Vic »

Road construction sucks.
Roads that are in desperate need of some construction suck.

Townships that use my tax money to pave over roads that are in "just fine" shape :?: (and then they post these damn "Putting America to Work" signs up to brag about it) while two townships over there are roads that have so many patches on them that you can't find anything even remotely resembling original road surface and you have a deep suspicion that once upon a time they started this "road" with a dirt path that someone dumped some leftover blacktop into the low spots and that has been the practice ever since--and I would be THRILLED if my tax dollars were going to repave THAT road but yet again that road is left to sit neglected for another year as I have to creep over it at about 10mph with my eyes completely focused on avoiding the deepest of the potholes every freaking day-hey, at least I know nobody is going to come out of nowhere and kill me because they are all going 10 mph too. I want to put someone to work fixing the roads that ACTUALLY need it. (Of course maybe those roads are putting Americans to work too, the mechanics that have to replace wheels and tires and realign the cars, and the folks that make tires and... :evil: ) that sucks too.

Oh, and rain on weekends and sunny days when you are trapped in your office, stuck under the A/C vent that supplies ice cold air to the whole floor and you sit at your desk with your tee shirt on, a flannel shirt and fleece jacket that you leave at work for just this problem AND a blanket that you huddle under so you can survive the arctic summer climate in your office. Being cold and looking outside at a warm sunny day that you can't access sucks.

-v
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

Vic wrote: Oh, and rain on weekends and sunny days when you are trapped in your office
This.

Still haven't gotten a ride in with my RPFL this season. :evil:

(Riding Partner For Life)
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

loodieboy wrote:... my wife's dog ...
Funny :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

- Picking an isolated spot in a parking lot, doing your shopping and then
finding a herd of vehicles clustered around yours, as if there wasn't
another spot left of earth.

- People who would kill their grandmothers for a parking spot 2 inches closer
to a store entrance.

- People whose lips move when using an ATM.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Vic wrote:Townships that use my tax money to pave over roads that are in "just fine" shape :?: (and then they post these damn "Putting America to Work" signs up to brag about it)
How fitting....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCLU4dqx_Is&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCLU4dqx_Is&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

- People who shoot across all lanes and cut me off to make a turn or parallel park irk the hell out of me.
- Driver's who inch up at an intersection and make it seem like they're just going to jump right out and make a right turn in front of me at the last second, while blocking the crosswalk and impeding pedestrians.
- Cagers who honk like lunatics because they can't see that the vehicles waiting to turn are doing the right thing and giving pedestrians the right to cross first.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Just been cruising around ebay, and it reminded me of one of my hyper-peeves: vehicle dealer practices.

There's a "new" '09 Burgie 400 up for auction by a dealer. The starting bid is an artificially low $200.00 (dealer doesn't even start the bidding at his own reserve), and the "buy it now" is $5695.00. Then, if you read further down in the ad, they tack on another $98.00 for documentation (fine, that's legitimate), but then a whopping $495.00 for dealer freight and "prep".

The way I see it, this guy's set his reserve to $5694, so the auction's basically a sham.

This also makes me wonder why they quote one price, then add on all the "extra charges" at the end. Why not just quote the price with these extras already added in? I mean, when you go buy a can of Coke, the price isn't stated as $0.12 plus stocking, delivery, and display fees.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

or how bout places that are having a 70 to 80% off sales, only to find that there "normal" prices are two times more than they would be any where else!

I can't get a day to take my scooter to the dealer for service! arrrrgh!just let me have a day off please!!!!!!!

Feel absolutely better now, carry on!
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Being stuck in a car for 9 days now. Before that, I was keeping my riding to a minimum waiting my appointment's turn to get a new rear tire in the middle of spring rush as mine was bordering on bald in the middle. Two week wait, and as they're putting the tire on they notice the fuel leak that had just started either when I got there or on the way to the shop. I was waiting on the new tire to start tuning the carb for the air box mods that I had just done since I had finally gotten a Prima pipe.

It's been almost a month since I've had a good ride, over a week since I've ridden at all...and my semester break ends today. :evil: Yes, I realize nothing's outside a normal, expected waiting period...but my mood stabilizer, I mean, my scooter addiction doesn't give a...*ahem* flying flip.

Suckage that puts Space Balls to shame! :lol:

*edit* Oh yeah, and a fuel tally that could've lasted me 'til July in the scooter so far, all unavoidable trips. All because I'm stuck in the bloody car.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
nateandcourt

Post by nateandcourt »

loodieboy wrote:
Like the idiot last night who recklessly passed me on the double yellow because . . . just because. Does he then zoom beyond view over the horizon hell-bent on reaching a hospital or fire or some other dire emergency? No, of course not. He putts along slower than I had been going. Only now, he is not behind my scooter. Just because.

Your turn.
I had a car fly past me because I was only going 5 over the speed limit 60 in a 55. My cam lost sight of it only to come across this... So yeah I am with you on that one. These kind of drivers need help, I felt bad because I laughed at them at first. No one was seriously injured though.

Edit:

Ohh, and the freaking oil spill that is some nasty stuff. Got all the boats stuck at the docks.
Attachments
wreck.jpg
wreck.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. "

Douglas Adams
TVB

Post by TVB »

charlie55 wrote:This also makes me wonder why they quote one price, then add on all the "extra charges" at the end. Why not just quote the price with these extras already added in? I mean, when you go buy a can of Coke, the price isn't stated as $0.12 plus stocking, delivery, and display fees.
Europeans wonder the same thing about the US and our sales taxes. Their taxes are all included in the sticker price, so if it says "€1" and all you have in your pocket is a single euro coin, you have enough.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

nateandcourt wrote:
loodieboy wrote:
Like the idiot last night who recklessly passed me on the double yellow because . . . just because. Does he then zoom beyond view over the horizon hell-bent on reaching a hospital or fire or some other dire emergency? No, of course not. He putts along slower than I had been going. Only now, he is not behind my scooter. Just because.

Your turn.
I had a car fly past me because I was only going 5 over the speed limit 60 in a 55. My cam lost sight of it only to come across this... So yeah I am with you on that one. These kind of drivers need help, I felt bad because I laughed at them at first. No one was seriously injured though.

Edit:

Ohh, and the freaking oil spill that is some nasty stuff. Got all the boats stuck at the docks.
are you on you tube just checking ?
nateandcourt

Post by nateandcourt »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote: are you on you tube just checking ?
Yeah, but I rarely ever use it. This was actually my first time mounting the cam. it was rather unsuccessful. I did not isolate it from the vibration well enough.

I might start using it more often now though.
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. "

Douglas Adams
kneil67@yahoo.com

nateandcourt wrote:
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote: are you on you tube just checking ?
Yeah, but I rarely ever use it. This was actually my first time mounting the cam. it was rather unsuccessful. I did not isolate it from the vibration well enough.

I might start using it more often now though.
i have some automotive body mount shims that are awesome for vibration control
I have a vid on you tube vibration control site name is 67kneil
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

:evil:

Thirty mile an hour winds for 3 days in a row.......that sucks!

Literally it sucks! I have a helmet with a face shield and when the wind is that strong and hits my helmet broadside it sucks the air out of my helmet and makes it hard to breathe!
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Projectile vomit on a stripper at a bachelor party sucks (wasn't me)! But that may not be what we're really talking about here....
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
nateandcourt

Post by nateandcourt »

dakotamouse wrote::evil:

Thirty mile an hour winds for 3 days in a row.......that sucks!

Literally it sucks! I have a helmet with a face shield and when the wind is that strong and hits my helmet broadside it sucks the air out of my helmet and makes it hard to breathe!
I am with you on that one.

We had some pretty nasty wind recently. I went on a ride with my bro in-law on the ninja and a wind gust hit in a pretty sharp turn. Stood his bike up straight. Pretty scary stuff.

Douglas Adams
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Cathartic Piss and Moan threads suck

Awwwww...you knew someone was going to say it! :P
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

pugbuddy wrote:projectile vomit on a stripper at a bachelor party sucks . . .
Oh, I don’t know. That sounds rather entertaining. And while on the topic of major gross.

Last night I was feasting on a bag of mixed fruit and nuts (throw that one into the double entendre thread). Mid-munch, I gasped in surprise when my mutt made a sneak leap into my lap. I choked, coughed, sputtered, and wheezed to no avail. Something was stuck somewhere. So I tried blowing my nose and, like a fast ball into a catcher’s mitt, - THWACK –– a chunk of walnut flew into the tissue from my left nostril.

That sucked.
BuddyRaton wrote:Cathartic Piss and Moan threads suck
Ahh, go buy an electric scooter, pal. :wink:
Clearly.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

My biggest peeve is when someone throws their cigarette butt out the car window and onto the street. 1.) That's littering, 2.) that's why they make ash trays for cars, and 3.) that's a great way to start a fire when it's dry out. I've actually stopped my bike on the side of a road to stomp out a 6' wide grass fire before it got out of hand. Good thing I had my riding boots and a bottle of water!

Every time I see someone do it at a light, I'm sorely tempted to jump off the bike, snatch it up, and toss it back in their car! :twisted:

~SM
easy

Post by easy »

people nxt door not keeping their dogs out of my yard. Paying $500 to get my wife's pug treated for pavo
kneil67@yahoo.com

windsheild washers arrrghhghhg
TVB

Post by TVB »

Swordsman wrote:Every time I see someone do it at a light, I'm sorely tempted to jump off the bike, snatch it up, and toss it back in their car! :twisted:
One time when I was at a stop light on my bicycle some dork in the car next to me dropped an empty fast-food bag from his open window. I reached down and grabbed it, intending to throw it back in his lap, but the light changed and I couldn't catch him, so I ended up just stuffing it in my bag and disposing of it properly later.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Weather forecast sucks for the weekend. Rain, rain and more rain. :cry: I was planning on practice ride. Not fair :cry:
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Stormswift wrote:Weather forecast sucks for the weekend. Rain, rain and more rain. :cry: I was planning on practice ride. Not fair :cry:
here! here! I'm really ahting this weather. My gardener wife says its good for her little baby plants but how much rain do those little bastards need.

while on the topic of weather, I really hate weatherfolk who can't figure out if its going to be a 10% chance of rain or a 100% chance of thunder showers. No joke, all day they've been flip flopping and if they can't get it right two hours from now how the hell can I even think about trusting them to tell me what the weather will be like tomorrow! I know Michigan weather can be fickle but honestly, I don't know why I even bother to check weather.com anymore :cry:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

:+!: on the rain!

From what I know, weather forecasting relies on computer models, of which, I understand, there are more than one. That being the case, there can be only one of two logical conclusions: either one model is more accurate than all the others, or they are all equally accurate (or inaccurate). If the former is true, then why not just use the most accurate model. If the latter is true, then why have more than one model.

Geez, it's so bad that, in the span of a couple of minutes I've seen the Weather Channel (associated with NBC) forecast one scenario for my area, followed by WNBC (4NY) forecasting something substantially different.

Oh, and as for the Weather Channel, when they do their "Local on the 8's", why do they feel it necessary to report the dates of moon phases? Perhaps they have a large Druid following?
TVB

Post by TVB »

charlie55 wrote:why do they feel it necessary to report the dates of moon phases? Perhaps they have a large Druid following?
It makes them feel better, to be certain that some of their predictions will come true. Same reason they like to predict sunrise and sunset times. :)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Swordsman wrote:Every time I see someone do it at a light, I'm sorely tempted to jump off the bike, snatch it up, and toss it back in their car! :twisted:
Every time I see someone doing it at a light, I turn my head - that's a little too personal a moment for me. :oops:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
TVB

Post by TVB »

Syd wrote:
Every time I see someone doing it at a light, I turn my head - that's a little too personal a moment for me. :oops:
The guy used "jump", "snatch", and "toss it" in a sentence, and the only sexual double-entendre you could get out of it was "doing it"? ;)
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

TVB wrote:
Syd wrote:
The guy used "jump", "snatch", and "toss it" in a sentence, and the only sexual double-entendre you could get out of it was "doing it"? ;)
Hey, don't forget "sorely".
LuvMyScoot

Post by LuvMyScoot »

1) Winter sucks
2) Rain sucks
3) Wind sucks
4) I'm bit late to this party. That sucks
5) Knowing I can enjoy the rare calm 80 degree day because I'm self employed only to have some client call me crying because his computer just conked out again because the electrical in the building sucks and he has no UPS...and all his backups are a month old. That sucks.

Whew, I feel better.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

TVB wrote:
charlie55 wrote:why do they feel it necessary to report the dates of moon phases? Perhaps they have a large Druid following?
It makes them feel better, to be certain that some of their predictions will come true. Same reason they like to predict sunrise and sunset times. :)
I can answer that one...kinda... some people use the phases of the moon for fishing. I'm not sure which phase is better. I like to know when there is going to be a full moon so I can do night time xcountry skiing. You'd we surprised how well you can see at night with a full moon bouncing off the snow.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Oh, wait I was supposed to be pissing and moaning....

OK here's one..........

This shouldn't bother me but it drives me nuts! When you get new tags for your license plate....car or cycle... the tag goes in the upper right hand corner. A new tag goes on top of that. Nowhere else! You do not work around the plate as if you are building a picture frame made of tags!

I want to scream HOW STUPID ARE YOU!!! ..........but I don't. I just watch out for them in case they drive as stupid as they look.
BootScootin'FireFighter

charlie55 wrote:Oh, and as for the Weather Channel, when they do their "Local on the 8's", why do they feel it necessary to report the dates of moon phases? Perhaps they have a large Druid following?
- The Weather Channel is now posting local traffic on the 8's, so now they should change the name to The Weather (and local traffic) Channel

- Speaking of TRAFFIC. I absolutely can't stand the DC metro area anymore! If it's not crawling on weekdays for people going to work, it's a madhouse on weekends for everyone going to the "mall" or running errands. Normally I slip right up the middle and get to the front of the line, but when the lights are poorly synched, that only helps so much. Then I get to Baltimore and most of the roads are fairly empty. I guess there was never a recession in DC, everyone's at IKEA and the mall, it's ridiculous. An endless horizon or suburban sprawl from DC to Balt.

- One other traffic gripe about this area... It was no problem to get approval for the new high occupancy toll, aka "lexus lanes" on the capital beltway, but why does it seem like murder to get mass transit improvements approved. It seemed like it took a week to approve the beltway and ICC projects, but a lifetime for Metro to go to Dulles.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

One other traffic gripe about this area... It was no problem to get approval for the new high occupancy toll, aka "lexus lanes" on the capital beltway, but why does it seem like murder to get mass transit improvements approved. It seemed like it took a week to approve the beltway and ICC projects, but a lifetime for Metro to go to Dulles.
Even though the benefits are enormous, the problem with mass transit systems is that, historically, they almost never generate enough revenue (here in the U.S.) to be self-sustaining. So, the governing authorities tend to subsidize them with such things as tolls and increased fees for motor vehicle registrations. This leads to hard feelings on the part of the motoring public since they feel they're being forced to pay for a service they do not use. Just look at the cost of traversing from NJ to NY via Staten Island - $8.00 on the Goethals or Outerbridge crossings, followed by $11.00 for the Verazzano Bridge. That's nearly 20 buck to travel less than 20 miles - outrageous!

The solution is rather simple: subsidies, in all forms, should be abolished, and everyone should have to pay their share of the actual costs of the infrastructural services they use. So, if a subway ride costs $5.00 to provide, then that's what you pay. If gasoline costs $5.00 a gallon (after eliminating the taxes upon it that are used to subsidize non-vehicular services), then that's what you pay.

Of course, simple isn't always pleasant, and lunch always tastes better when someone else pays for it.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Dropping your scooter sucks.

Dropping your scooter because of mud sucks.

Dropping your scooter because of mud in front of an audience sucks.

Dropping... in front of an audience and then not being able to pick it back up again because of all the camping gear loaded on it sucks.

Dropping... camping gear loaded on it and having to have a couple of strangers help you pick it back up sucks.

Dropping... strangers help you and one of them pushes on the crap loaded on the back and it causes the bungee cord holding some of the crap to come loose and the bag with your clothes inside falls off into a mud puddle sucks.

BUT, the fact that strangers were willing to help someone out does not suck.

Having all of the students know that you dropped your scooter at the registration sucks. (never gonna hear the end of that one)

BUT, now some of the students have a great story to translate when they get back to class and the 3rd and 4th quarter students are going to be able to use that story and it is an easy one to tell. :)

Rain all freaking weekend that you are camping and then as you are packing up all of your wet crap the sun comes out and the temps go up to 85 degrees with 99% humidity... yeah, that sucks.

BUT, not having to ride home in the rain does not suck, even if I did get a sunburn through my helmet visor (forgot to bring sunblock).

-v
TVB

Post by TVB »

dakotamouse wrote:When you get new tags for your license plate....car or cycle... the tag goes in the upper right hand corner. A new tag goes on top of that. Nowhere else! You do not work around the plate as if you are building a picture frame made of tags!
I want to scream HOW STUPID ARE YOU!!! ..........but I don't. I just watch out for them in case they drive as stupid as they look.
:+!: I've even seen people put the additional tags wherever they can find room between characters.
I can understand why someone would think that they need to leave the previous tag uncovered because it hasn't technically expired yet when they get the new one. (They're mistaken, but I get their thought process.) But why would you need to leave your tag from two years ago (and three and four...) exposed?
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

TVB wrote:
dakotamouse wrote:When you get new tags for your license plate....car or cycle... the tag goes in the upper right hand corner. A new tag goes on top of that. Nowhere else! You do not work around the plate as if you are building a picture frame made of tags!
:+!: I've even seen people put the additional tags wherever they can find room between characters.
I can understand why someone would think that they need to leave the previous tag uncovered because it hasn't technically expired yet when they get the new one. (They're mistaken, but I get their thought process.) But why would you need to leave your tag from two years ago (and three and four...) exposed?
My Jeep is 17 years old, I WOULDN'T know where to put them all....
I've even had to tear the old ones off, the 'stack' was getting too tall!!
bluezurich

Post by bluezurich »

It's snowing in Salt Lake City, that's enough to piss and moan about on May 24th.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

bluezurich wrote:It's snowing in Salt Lake City, that's enough to piss and moan about on May 24th.
Damn straight it is! :shock:
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

every thinks sucks!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

How about when you just finish restoring an old scooter after almost 5 months of work and the carb gets
clogged by some rust particles from the gas tank that your friend "cleaned".

-OR-

You're crossing the Bay Bridge in traffic and you've just had 3 really strong cups of coffee and a bran muffin... HELLO!

-OR-

You go to your favorite restaurant and order your favorite meal and under the steak is a SCABBY BANDAID!

-OR-

Being electrocuted. ...I was electrocuted once, it was horrible.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Getting fired after almost 14 years sucks.

Getting a new job in less than 3 weeks doesn't suck.

Working a floating schedule sucks.

Getting called at 7:13 am on a day you aren't scheduled to work and hearing your supervisor ask if you can be there by 8:00 am sucks.

Having your back tire go flat during your first weekend ride in a month or two really sucks.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Getting fired after almost 14 years sucks.

Getting a new job in less than 3 weeks doesn't suck.

Working a floating schedule sucks.

Getting called at 7:13 am on a day you aren't scheduled to work and hearing your supervisor ask if you can be there by 8:00 am sucks.

Having your back tire go flat during your first weekend ride in a month or two really sucks.

ECS
Hoping that soon, life will suck less :(
Keys

Post by Keys »

Am I the only one here who has a wonderful life? Decent job, scooter that runs, 75 to 85 degree riding weather, my music career is taking off and I have been blessed with a wonderful woman in my life.

Sorry I can't join you in the "life sucks" montage...

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
Syd

Post by Syd »

People at work tell me "Can't complain" when I ask how they're doing. I usually reply, "Try harder". When people see me first thing in the morning and ask how I'm doing, I usually reply "Good thanks, but it's early".

But when things really do suck, I ask myself, "Could it be worse?" So far, I've always been able to answer "yes". Lucky me :)
The majority is always sane - Nessus
BootScootin'FireFighter

KRUSTYburger wrote:Being electrocuted. ...I was electrocuted once, it was horrible.
ditto on that, although my electrocution was "staged". That's what happens when a co-worker brings in a stun gun he just purchased in Myrtle Beach and asks for a volunteer. I know, I'm an idiot sometimes.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Syd wrote:But when things really do suck, I ask myself, "Could it be worse?" So far, I've always been able to answer "yes". Lucky me :)
Yes, this is very true. A very dear friend of mine just completed her second round of chemo for lung cancer, she is in a lot of pain, it is inoperable, and I beleive it is today when she goes in for tests-the results of which will be for her to make some really tough decisions.

I am fortunate that my list of things that suck about my life is short and simple. I shuffled my Facebook Status not long ago and used one that said "If we all took our problems and every one else's problems and put them all into a pile together and then had to choose which problems we wanted we would take our own problems right back." I believe that. Mine are a pain in the ass, but when compared to the problems that others have, not a big deal.

Havign said that, being able to whine about it, just a little, really does help sometimes. Just sharing it and letting someone else know that life is not perfect (for everyone except Keys, that is) helps. :)
IMHO.
-v