Blur Tire Pressure

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

NoogaScooter

Blur Tire Pressure

Post by NoogaScooter »

I'm reading on the side of the tire, 40 psi.

Is that correct? Manual doesn't help much.

NS
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

I just came back from pumping my tires, and I set it to what it said under the scooter seat - 30 psi. I guess if you're using something other than stock tires it could be different - but 40 psi? That's quite a difference...
NoogaScooter

Post by NoogaScooter »

Nah, they're the original stock tires on a 07 Blur. I'll see what it says under the seat. If it says 30 under the seat, guess I'll go halfway at 35 and see what happens.

I'd be more tempted to put the pressure in that's stated on the actual tire versus what is on the under seat sticker if they differ.

My .02

NS
Shane Wilson

Post by Shane Wilson »

Generally speaking, the pressure listed on the side of any tire is the MAXIMUM psi, not necessarily the optimum psi for the vehicle in question.

Go with Genuine/PGO's recommended pressure. They've taken into account suspension, weight and other factors that the tire manufacturer would have no way of knowing.

peace,
sdw
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Yep, go with what it says under the seat. Also, that should be the cold pressure. The pressure will go up when you ride as the tire warms up, so check it in the morning before you head out.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Everyone's right, DON'T split the difference, go with what the manual/sticker says. The tire is the MAX pressure, when they made the mold for that tire with that number on it, they had no idea what it was going to be used for/on.

http://2strokebuzz.com/index.php/?p=3690

If you're very heavy, riding 2-up, or using non-stock tires, you may want to alter the recommended pressure, but it's usually not much so you're best off going with the stock recommendations.

overinflation will reduce the grip on the road and increase your chance of blowouts, overinflating it by 10psi is probably downright dangerous.

underinflating will reduce your mileage and wear out the tire faster.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
itcardoc

tire pressure

Post by itcardoc »

Me thinks that too. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!