Locked keys in pet carrier

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

puckmaggie

Locked keys in pet carrier

Post by puckmaggie »

Hey everyone,

So turns out I locked my keys under the seat of my Blackjack - right as I stopped by my place on the way to copy the key. Haha, oh well. Would anyone mind PMing me the method to open that up?

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
PIStaker

Keys

Post by PIStaker »

This is a simple fix. Simply do a keyword search and you will find your answer. I think there are 2 ways to do it.
Fear not.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I'm sure there will be plenty who'd be happy to help through PMing you the info, but seeing as how this might not be the best information to make publicly available and you joined today and it's your first post... how about introducing yourself first? :)
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
puckmaggie

Post by puckmaggie »

@monamibuddy: Good to hear it is simple I really didn't want to call in for a locksmith. I did try searching and most the posts I found had been edited by mods. If you could link me to one I would really appreciate it.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

maggie,

(Lostmycage and I are moderators, btw) You're right, you won't find it, we've removed the information anywhere it was posted.

It really is rather simple, but you can understand that we're nervous about publishing the solution on the web or giving it out to brand-new members. I know that's terribly rude, but hopefully you understand.

I'm locking this thread just so no one posts the answer (someone already did and we had to delete it, maybe you caught it). If any members want to help out Maggie, that's their decision.

My advice? Call your dealer. Most dealers are even more nervous about giving out lock info to strangers than we are, but if they know you, they can tell you what to do. It's also a fun way to test your dealers' honesty, ha. If they say "get it on a truck and bring it in, and it'll be $200 for a new lockset," they're either not very smart, or trying to rip you off, or they're just being very careful. ; )
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Oh, and welcome to the group, I hope you stick around and we can be more helpful and less paranoid in the future. : )
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Despite the paranoia (and this is one of the few things we'll get all hush-hush about) about the secrets of the pet carrier, do feel free to join in the conversation and please introduce yourself.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.