Nail in tire, but didn't go flat!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rickko

Nail in tire, but didn't go flat!

Post by rickko »

Heard a funny noise like I ran over an aluminum can that stuck to the rear tire. I stopped to take a look at what was causing the funny noise and couldn't believe how lucky I was.

I have tube tires but the nail missed, a real fluke!

..rickko..
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

holy crap you really flatened that nail. :lol: Glad to hear it didn't cause a spill. Your going to replace the tire though correct? Once I ran over a stanely box cutter in my car and the whole box cutter was found inside the tire with s extra blades! the guys at discount couldn't believ it so they put it in a sandwich baggy and gave it to me when I picked up the car. I kept it as a trophey for quite some time. :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Incredible! I can't believe it still held air.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
philntex

Re: Nail in tire, but didn't go flat!

Post by philntex »

rickko wrote:Heard a funny noise like I ran over an aluminum can that stuck to the rear tire. I stopped to take a look at what was causing the funny noise and couldn't believe how lucky I was.

I have tube tires but the nail missed, a real fluke!

..rickko..
rikko,
I'm a lurker coming out just to mention something about those aluminum cans...careful about hitting them. The kids (teens) around here poke nails through them in the hopes that cars will hit them on purpose and pick up some flats...I've seen a six or even a twelve pack of cans all scattered about and all booby-trapped with nails.
ride safe
MGM

Post by MGM »

Looks to me like that's one of the Shinko tube whitewalls. If that's true, I suspect the nail just missed the tube on the way in. Therefore no flat. The tire will be weak forever in that spot and should be replaced. If you replace with a tubeless, I would replace both.