Stella 4T Polini Pipe Spotted

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Stella 4T Polini Pipe Spotted

Post by ericalm »

Spotted at Amerivespa. Unfortunately, I never got to talk to the owner (Missouri plates) about it. But it's out there… somewhere… And I think it looks hot!
Attachments
stella_polini.jpg
stella_polini.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

That would be Jimmbomb, I'm pretty sure. Here's his installation writeup: topic18745.html#236114
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

PeteH wrote:That would be Jimmbomb, I'm pretty sure. Here's his installation writeup: topic18745.html#236114
Yup.

This quote was a bummer:
Theres' no video cause the thing is as quite as a church mouse farting. I think the stock exhaust is louder than this. Im a bit disapointed in the sound..
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

If you saw a cream white with MO plates.. it could have been me... I was there Wednesday thru Saturday nite.. with a gutted Polini. I've since cut it open and removed a bunch of crap& welded it.back together and removed all the packing from the silencer...
Much louder now... wait till after Saturday.. I have one more mod to do... then ill make a vid with sound.
Last edited by jimmbomb on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

jimmbomb wrote:If you saw a cream white with MO plates.. it could have been me... I was there Wednesday thru Saturday nite.. with a gutted Polini.
Do tell...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jimmbomb wrote:If you saw a cream white with MO plates.. it could have been me... I was there Wednesday thru Saturday nite.. with a gutted Polini. I've since cut it open and removed a bunch of crap& welded it.back together and removed all the packing from the silencer...
Much louder now... wait till after Saturday.. I have one more mod to do... then ill make a vid with sound.
Sorry I missed meeting you! I saw your ride several times, but didn't see you with it, save for your back as you were leaving for one of the outings. I'd even asked a few other MB members/Stella riders to holler if they saw you! :)

I'm not as interested in noise with the pipe as performance. Would love to hear of any changes/improvements.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

"Do Tell"

Ha....... see my prior post that's been edited....
J H
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

Well... like Eric, I'm far more interested in how the unmodded Polini pipe affected performance. I don't need or want loud.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Well Eric... Im sad that I missed meeting you.
What color is your 4t? I only saw one other one & it was slate blue.
It belonged to a gal from San Antonio, TX.. We all talked quite a bit.
Her Husband was on an Orange 2t Stella.
Yours must have slipped passed me somehow.

Ericalm and Silverstreak.

Im sorry that i cannot give any info about the performance using this pipe.
You see, I have only 520 mIles on the bike & I am STILL breaking the motor, clutch and tranny IN.
I m taking it up higher & higher rpm's in all gears the more miles I rack up.
So,in effect.. Im still kinda babying it.
I have nothing to use as a base to compare to for performance gains/losses.
Im waiting for 8-900 miles before I really floor the sucker.
Sorry.... I put the pipe on with 300 miles on the ODO... so I was still kinds creeping along..
good luck
J H
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jimmbomb wrote:Well Eric... Im sad that I missed meeting you.
What color is your 4t? I only saw one other one & it was slate blue.
It belonged to a gal from San Antonio, TX.. We all talked quite a bit.
Her Husband was on an Orange 2t Stella.
Yours must have slipped passed me somehow.
I met the couple from San Antonio; really nice guys who lurk here on MB. Are you guys reading this? Say hi. Hope you're well!

I was riding a loaner Buddy Italia for the weekend. No way to get my scoot out from SoCal. Wish I could have ridden, but it would have taken too much time.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

There you are! That's MB Moderator polianarchy on the orange Stella to your right.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

ericalm wrote:Image
There you are! That's MB Moderator polianarchy on the orange Stella to your right.
Yay! Yes, that's me riding ModBud member lmyers' not-so-Evil Orange 2T Stella. Thanks again, Laura! :D
ModBud #442
devojones

Post by devojones »

ericalm wrote:I met the couple from San Antonio; really nice guys who lurk here on MB. Are you guys reading this? Say hi. Hope you're well!
I'm not sick but I'm not well. ;) It was great meeting y'all. *Goes back to stalking polianarchy.
All right for you
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

devojones wrote:
ericalm wrote:I met the couple from San Antonio; really nice guys who lurk here on MB. Are you guys reading this? Say hi. Hope you're well!
I'm not sick but I'm not well. ;) It was great meeting y'all. *Goes back to stalking polianarchy.
Did you just drop Harvey Danger lyrics?

Harvey Danger x FLCL!
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wA0H_5djFvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm all over the place in this thread. ADD, FTW.
devojones

Post by devojones »

ericalm wrote:
devojones wrote:
Did you just drop Harvey Danger lyrics?

I'm all over the place in this thread. ADD, FTW.
This is relevant to my interests! And don't worry, I have an odd habit of derailing threads. Its one of the reasons I lurk. :P
All right for you
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

I just got some email spam from ScooterWorks announcing availability of Stella 4T performance parts from Pinasco:

Looks nice, but really steep price: $499.99 for the pipe and $257.99 for the 21mm carb kit.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Let me know if you spot this.... up-date.

viewtopic.php?p=238667#238667
J H
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

I did indeed, Jim. Great work!
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com