Scooterist Killed in Cleveland Accident

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

irishtim

Scooterist Killed in Cleveland Accident

Post by irishtim »

Tim Reid aka "Othy" was killed this weekend in a traffic accident.

"He hit a guardrail Friday night while riding with some friends presumably from work. Tim got ahead of his friends and Tom wasn't sure if anyone saw what really happened. From what Tom described I think it may have occurred at that tricky turn on Warren rd/150th southbound right before Munn rd."

A memorial service for Tim Reid is sunday 7-25-10...Sauers funeral home.w48 & memphis in Cleveland.

Prayers for his family.

Tribute thread at:

http://www.scootcleveland.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1209
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

that is very sad news. i hate to hear when a rider dies

this comes on the heels of the news of a lovely woman who was recently killed while riding her Vespa near NYC, i believe. apparently a Federal employee in a big black SUV ran a red light and she slammed into the monstrosity at an intersection. this all according to eye witnesses. but according to police "no crime was committed"

RIP, both
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Irishtim. Its always hard to hear about the death of a rider but its so much harder to deal with when you knew them personally. Give my regaurds to his freinds and family.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Seems it's always the good ones that go out too fast. I'll have a candle going tonight.
sambrgr

Post by sambrgr »

OMFG!
I never met the guy, but remember him from his posts on scootcleveland.com
My heartfelt condolence to his friends and family
R.I.P Tim
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Tim was cherished by all of those lucky enough to have known him. He most recently rode a BV but his #8 red Stella will be in my mind when I think of him years from now. May he rest in peace.
pocphil
Dealer

Post by pocphil »

Tim was a regular at the shop. From the first time we saw the NASCAR treatment on his brand new Stella we knew we had a guy who was up for a good time. I don't care how silly the ride, or what lame excuse we had to get together, Tim was there.

Great attitude, great guy, had everything in life to smile about. It absolutely makes me sick.

Makes you really, really appreciate how fragile life can be.

Enjoy everything, and let all your people know how much you love them.
Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto
Pride Of Cleveland Scooters
18636 Detroit Rd.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-227-1964
www.clevelandmoto.com