troll

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kneil67@yahoo.com

troll

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

what is a troll is it the same as a smartass or is it a ? dont get it how one becomes a troll is it an under the bridge thing I just dont get it is kazoo a troll never had a problem with his post are people getting hurt? please educate me I just dont get the whole thing
kneil67@yahoo.com

Re: troll

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:what is a troll is it the same as a smartass or is it a ? dont get it how one becomes a troll is it an under the bridge thing I just dont get it is kazoo a troll never had a problem with his post are people getting hurt? please educate me I just dont get the whole thing
i allready rejetted my carb before posting
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

wikipedia wrote:In Internet slang, a troll is someone who tries to harass[1] by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted. While the term "troll" and its associated action, trolling, are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with 'trolling' being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context.
The problem with kazoo, et al., is that this is one person who has posted under no fewer than 10 usernames, which is not only a violation of ModBud rules, but rude to the community.
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

Who are these people I was rude to? No one has ever giving me this indication. One Male person had a problem and it was out in the open. I then try to explain my meaning in a PM and he quite simply asked me not to pm him. So I didn't.

Surely others on this board have had trouble with others and they don't get outted. I simply wanted to remain anonymous, but some of the grown up kids here are having to much fun with that.

Be adults about it and let me have my pm privileges at the very least.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Right. Traditionally, a troll would basically be someone who's here to try to start a flame war, make some kind of personal statement, or otherwise cause mischief. For MB purposes, I think we can include those who don't seem to have much interest in helping others, receiving help, discussing scooters or otherwise being a productive member of the community.

In most instances, trolling is done with a new or secondary account. In some cases, such as kazoo/iwabj/etc. there doesn't seem to be much intent other than tricking members into thinking the new "member" is a different person. I don't really understand how someone gets any pleasure or satisfaction from this. To me, this is the most insidious form of trolling, as it undermines the spirit of community here and takes advantage of our trusting natures and desire to engage and help new members.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

Who are these people I was rude to?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

iwabj wrote:Who are these people I was rude to? No one has ever giving me this indication. One Male person had a problem and it was out in the open. I then try to explain my meaning in a PM and he quite simply asked me not to pm him. So I didn't.

Surely others on this board have had trouble with others and they don't get outted. I simply wanted to remain anonymous, but some of the grown up kids here are having to much fun with that.

Be adults about it and let me have my pm privileges at the very least.
Actually, we received several complaints that you were harassing people via PM. It got to the point where I was concerned about the forum's legal liability should I allow you to continue. You want privileges reinstated? Try learning to behave according to forum rules.

"Be adults?" You've had at least 10 documented MB usernames despite being told numerous times to stop. You've long since worn out your welcome on Modern Buddy.

I grew tired of banning your multiple identities so you're permitted to have this one. The only reason you haven't been permanently banned is that you use so many IP addresses and emails that you'd just pop up under some new username. It wouldn't shock me if you'd registered more since I banned four of your other ones last week.

Your antics are amusing to no one but yourself. Most find them annoying; some slightly disturbing.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

Who are these people I was rude to?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yeah, exactly the kind of behavior I was referring to.
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

ericalm wrote: "Be adults?" You've had at least 10 documented MB usernames despite being told numerous times to stop. You've long since worn out your welcome on Modern Buddy.
Ban iwabj and it will be final. Or could there be some other reason you allow iwabj to post. I know the answer to that, and I think if you look deep in to yourself you know why too.
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

Again, you say there were several complaints. Do you have copies of the message I sent to these people? I have not seen one stitch of outrageous messages that you refer too.
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

This is my final message.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

iwabj wrote:
ericalm wrote: "Be adults?" You've had at least 10 documented MB usernames despite being told numerous times to stop. You've long since worn out your welcome on Modern Buddy.
Ban iwabj and it will be final. Or could there be some other reason you allow iwabj to post. I know the answer to that, and I think if you look deep in to yourself you know why too.
iwabj wrote:This is my final message.
Well, I'll hold you to this. Banned.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Does that clear it up for ya, kneil67? 8)

And after all that you probably now have to rejet AGAIN. Or, re-rejet.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Un-jet!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Is this why Iwabj had "Ooops" on most of their posts?
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Wow. That almost made another member (those of whom we do not speak) seem mature.

No, wait a minute.

No it didn't.
Attachments
troll.jpg
troll.jpg (3 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Mr Miller wrote:Is this why Iwabj had "Ooops" on most of their posts?
I wondered what's up with this also. I haven't really had a personal problem with iwabj/kazoo. I have welcomed all of his banned accounts, and engaged in some of his threads just to have him delete all info. That kinda sucks. just figured it was my fault for being annoyed. I can ignore.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Lostmycage wrote:Un-jet!
:rofl: Its the new rage in scooter modification!
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Mr Miller wrote:Is this why Iwabj had "Ooops" on most of their posts?
For some unknown reason, he was systematically editing all of his posts to say that. He'd leave them up for a few days or so and then edit them. It was odd and annoying and we were just going through and deleting them when we came across them, leaving holes in threads and quoted posts with no original reference post, etc.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

well, IWABJ was a peculiar character to say the least. I thought he was just such an old member here he could get away with it.

Happy trails IWABJ/KAZOO?LITTLE AO etc. Hope you ride on.

Now if we could just do something about....nvm I ain't naming nobody.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

How much idle time must one have on their hands that playing silly forum games is even in the realm of consideration? Yeesh. "Get a life" seems a massive understatement.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:How much idle time must one have on their hands that playing silly forum games is even in the realm of consideration? Yeesh. "Get a life" seems a massive understatement.
You'd be shocked. Apparently, some people have made it into a full-time hobby. Maybe high unemployment rates are contributing. I dunno.

But think of it this way: Many of us devote ridiculous amounts of time to (at least somewhat) productive participation in at least one forum. Many of us also spend five or more hours a day watching television. There's plenty of time for all sorts of shenanigans, depending on how you prioritize it.
Perkussion

Post by Perkussion »

Wheelz wrote: Now if we could just do something about....nvm I ain't naming nobody.
Neither am I....but why can't we? :x
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Perkussion wrote:
Wheelz wrote: Now if we could just do something about....nvm I ain't naming nobody.
Well, for one thing we don't want this thread (or any) to become a flame war.

Making personal comments about other members—especially critical ones—comes close to violating the guidelines. If a post is or member is out of line, the thing to do is report it to me or a moderator.

As far as the now-banned iwabj and his band of other accounts, I'd called him out in another thread. Honestly, I was fed up with him and glad for this thread, which afforded me the opportunity to get rid of the guy once and for all.

As I said before, in my eyes the worst kind of trolling is trying to pull the wool over members' eyes for no reason and taking advantage of our willingness to help and provide advice. There has been no greater offender than iwabj—and there's absolutely no explanation or need for it whatsoever.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Perkussion wrote:

You guys ain't getting rid of me.
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Perkussion wrote:
Noooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition......
kneil67@yahoo.com

thanks for the clairification , ment alot I just needed to know. all this troll talk made me think do I troll ? or am I trying to be funny . as far as people having ten accounts wow are they email staved ? another reason to keep america working keeps the crazies off the street for 8 hrs. :wink:
un jet, love the mod
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

I love this place.
Clearly.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

kneil67, unless you're currently on a moving fishing boat with baited line being pulled behind you, you're not trolling.

actually, now that I think of it, that metaphor makes more sense than the mythical troll metaphor. Trolls throw out baited hooks waiting for someone to bite.

Just be yourself and respect the community, and you'll be fine. It takes a lot of dedicated antagonism to get booted from this list, in the few years i've been here we've only booted a handful of people and they each had ample warnings and opportunities to cooperate with the clearly-outlined rules of the forum.

Complaining, questioning authority, joking around, even gently and amicably poking fun at others in the spirit of friendship are all encouraged, but when such behavior becomes sociopathic, it becomes a problem. Don't live in fear of expressing yourself and sharing your opinions, just keep our rules and other member's feelings in mind when you do.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Also, has anyone tried running WITHOUT jets? More air and more gas just means more power, right? I'm going to go out and try it right now.

Bb.
TVB

Post by TVB »

illnoise wrote:Trolls throw out baited hooks waiting for someone to bite.
I was online when the term came into common usage,* and that's exactly where it comes from: the verb to troll (as for fish). The fact that it also happens to be the name of an unpleasant creature from Nordic folklore was icing on the cake.

*Yes, I am That Old.
Last edited by TVB on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

illnoise wrote:Also, has anyone tried running WITHOUT jets? More air and more gas just means more power, right? I'm going to go out and try it right now.
this is one of those "bad" ideas.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
illnoise wrote:Also, has anyone tried running WITHOUT jets? More air and more gas just means more power, right? I'm going to go out and try it right now.
You mean Bad-ass!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
Continuing even further off topic...

Apparently it's not that bad of an idea...

Quoting BRed from this thread- http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 28&t=42555
on http://totalruckus.com/
It's nice to get some confirmation from time to time that you're on the right path in your quest.........
today that happened for me.

I was talking to an old bike racer who threw something out during his rant that caught my ear......
the normal tuning procedure is topend (Main Jet), midrange (Needle), bottom end (Slow Jet).
this all assumes the carb is already fairly close.....

if you toss the airbox, then you are going to a whole different base range for the carb.

He said the first thing they did when tuning a new carb to the bike was remove the main jet, reassemble and run the bike.
the bike should still start and idle as before, until you rev it up.........
with main jet out, the more open the throttle, the worse it should run.

If the bike still runs..... at all..... at WFO, you definitely need a bigger needle jet......
Fuel uptake into the Venturi is too restricted.

The needle jet size is a bottleneck and no adjustment you can make to the main jet size will ever correct this.

You have to have a needle jet capable of feeding TOO MUCH fuel, before you can regulate the fuel flow with a main jet.

The correctly sized needle jet is the one just big enough to go way too rich at WOT causing the engine to stumble and bog during this test (with the main jet removed).

so did I try this advice?????

YOU BET I DID!!!!!

YEP, #2 runs just fine WITHOUT a main jet installed!
No difference! Same lean burn look on the plug.

so the Tuners Gospel according to Mad Jack, the slightly senile, but still alert 75 year old Harley drag racer........

Only after you have correctly sized the needle jet by this test with the main jet removed, can you proceed to sizing the main jet.

Once the main jet size is established for rich burn without soot, proceed to the emulsion tube/air jets fine tuning for midrange power.

Finally the idle to 1/8 throttle settings, using the slide cutaway or slide static height, needle length and taper........
and last of all, slow or Pilot jet sizing and A/F screw setting.

Old Guys RULE!

they learned this shit the hard way, by trial and error...... by DOING IT!

They could not depend on a service manual, a Parts Desk employee or a web site's FAQ for their answers.
There was no DYNAJET or FactoryPro selling preassembled performance kits for the braindead parts swappers.

You had to understand the relationship of each component to their end function and understand their interdependence with other components in the whole .......and how each of those variables affected final performance.
Almost back on topic... I always thought that the term "troll" was referring to the fishing type of trolling also. :)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Lagerhead wrote:
YOU BET I DID!!!!!
Awesome! That's some of the most loopy reasoning I've ever heard, but it actually makes sense. Funny how little most people (including me) really understand carburetors. And how irrelevant it'll all be once EFI rules the world.

Oh, scooter tuners, you sad f---s. : )

Bb.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

illnoise wrote:
Lagerhead wrote:
YOU BET I DID!!!!!
Awesome! That's some of the most loopy reasoning I've ever heard, but it actually makes sense. Funny how little most people (including me) really understand carburetors. And how irrelevant it'll all be once EFI rules the world.

Oh, scooter tuners, you sad f---s. : )

Bb.
Thats why I'm soooo happy my engine will be EFI shortly. While I DO understand carburetors. I really loathe tuning them. They're the crankiest bit of mechanical wizardry ever invented.
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

^ +1 Only carbs I can tune are on my BONG
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

:rofl: exactly how do you tune one of those carbs? how can you tell if your running rich or lean?

Seriously I love this thread now, can we just remove the iwabj unpleasantries, and keep it as the official non-sequiter thread?
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

The only way i can tell I'm running to rich is @ 60 an eighth
kneil67@yahoo.com

dawg onit wrote:^ +1 Only carbs I can tune are on my BONG
I as well been getting cloged with tar but the jets are easy to clean coat hanger paperclip what ever works works wouldnt recomend seafoam
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

:rofl: you guys should mos def re-jet, your a little foggy on the top end.
kneil67@yahoo.com

dawg onit wrote:The only way i can tell I'm running to rich is @ 60 an eighth
ouch 50 a quart here
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

dawg onit wrote:The only way i can tell I'm running to rich is @ 60 an eighth
If I make it to Phoenix, wanna hang out?
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

Most def Bigbro, we can discuss the finer carbs in life.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Definitely Shenanigans! Now what to do with my other 4 hours 55 minutes... ?
EZPZ #65
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

On a slightly related but not really related note, anyone tried that Campfire Blast shake @ Sonic? they're pretty tasty.

...just sayin.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Graham cracker flavored ice cream with chocolate covered marshmallows.

nummers!
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Jackie what the heck is that thing made out of. Looks totaly cool!
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid