My new R50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

agrogod

My new R50

Post by agrogod »

200 miles on it and still counting up!

Stock exhaust before the new pipe gets here.

Finally my new pipe is installed after doing a second derestriction. What a pain in the butt that was. Technigas weld's their restriction valves in the throat just behind the attach plate, had to chisel it out, took about 45 minutes. Whoa what a difference. Jumps off the line and no noticeable top end loss. Also sounds like a swarm of angry bees now.

Last edited by agrogod on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

What exactly could happen if someone on this site knew your license plate number?
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Ray Knobs wrote:What exactly could happen if someone on this site knew your license plate number?
I don't know but I've seen a lot of folks do this. Guess better safe than sorry.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
Ray Knobs wrote:What exactly could happen if someone on this site knew your license plate number?
I don't know but I've seen a lot of folks do this. Guess better safe than sorry.
Just seems to be the norm. Not sure why either. Paranoia of how much info is on the net, and what people do with it I guess.

Agrogod,

Welcome to modernbuddy. And welcome to your first thread Jack. Nice 50 BTW. ride safe.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
agrogod

License Plate

Post by agrogod »

License plates are one of the easiest to copy "identity theft" items. Yes you can copy anyone's plate that is just driving by, but the little registration tag is also an important factor. By having both those items it just makes it easier to dupe the tag. No sense in giving would-be thieves all the keys to the castle.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

I don't need a key, i could have that RH in the back of my pickup and be down the road before you get out of the john.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Ray Knobs wrote:I don't need a key, i could have that RH in the back of my pickup and be down the road before you get out of the john.
:shock: Then I'll be looking for you.... :ninja:
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Mos def, look out for Ray, he's crazy! JK
Welcome to MB and the bastardchild that is the Rattler/RH forum. :lol:
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

We only seem crazy to the non-Rattler owners... weird huh :roll:
EZPZ #65
gitsum79

Post by gitsum79 »

Did you have to re-jet and have you checked your spark plug for color?

From the pics it looks like only one bolt lined up from the muffler bracket to the scooter?
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

gitsum79 wrote:Did you have to re-jet and have you checked your spark plug for color?

From the pics it looks like only one bolt lined up from the muffler bracket to the scooter?
No re-jet. And I had to add a support bar to hold the lower bracket. Not the prettiest job but it does what its was intended to do.
gitsum79

Post by gitsum79 »

Does the Roughhouse 50 have enough ground clearance for curb hopping?

I'm not talking about jumping curbs at speed, just slowing all the way and gently bumping over them.

My Elite 110 does not have enough clearance and/or the wheel base is too long. I scraped pretty good once and haven't dared to try again.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

There is about 7" of clearance, hope that helps you out.
gitsum79

Post by gitsum79 »

Wow, that's a significant difference. With a 130 pound rider I measured 4 1/2 inches on the Elite 110.
juice

Post by juice »

If you were running a "moped" plate on a derestricted scoot someone could alert the local pd , or they might see it on line and bust them .