Crash bars

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Bryce-O-Rama

Crash bars

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

Someone mentioned to me that Scooterworks has cowl protectors/crashbars available for the Buddy. I surfed over to their site and sure enough, they do.

Pretty cool. I didn't see front leg shield bars available though.
- Bryce
rossini

Post by rossini »

Very nice. I love the look of the added chrome too. The footpegs also seem to be a great upgrade from what the stock buddy offers. My only concern would be if those extended footrests get in the way of the drivers legs at all when sitting one up as most of us do, most of the time. With that said, this is the first accessory I've seen that I would actually seriously consider adding!
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

thanks for the heads up! now hopefully they release some for the legshield.
x-mojito50mod

Post by x-mojito50mod »

hmmm...those look a lot like altered ET/LX ones, just like the footrests are. I think someone was bored at the shop and figured it out. :wink:
Keys

Post by Keys »

But since they're on a Buddy, they look SOOO much better.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

does anyone have pics of this from other angles or showing the whole scooter?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

These look great, but as crash bars are kind of useless because, as I've said before, would cost more to replace than the actual cowl plastic and do nothing to protect the parts under the cowls. I also hope they're not plagued with the same kinds of problems as the rear racks: welds failing, hardware doesn't actually fit. If a weld were to give way during a crash, it could cause more damage or injury, especially to a passenger.

But, as I said, they look hot and we'll probably get some... :)
x-mojito50mod wrote:hmmm...those look a lot like altered ET/LX ones, just like the footrests are. I think someone was bored at the shop and figured it out. :wink:
These have integrated footrests! 100% Buddy original chrome accessories!
Corsair wrote:does anyone have pics of this from other angles or showing the whole scooter?
I don't think anyone has these yet aside from Scooterworks. Maybe some Chicagoan will run out and get some this weekend. Unsurprisingly, they're not on the Genuine site yet.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…