what's my buddy worth?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

malakai

what's my buddy worth?

Post by malakai »

125 cc, 150 miles, 2009. Neat. Rear and front racks. Top case. Windshield that I have not installed and having trouble with. Not that I will sell it, but I might.
Attachments
snowflake super.jpg
snowflake super.jpg (107.53 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

that would look perfect framed and on the wall in the dining room. $80 for the print, I'd ask $2000 for the actual bike. 150 miles sounds like a trip back from the dealer and a few laps around the block, why the neglect?
santaliqueur

Post by santaliqueur »

What bike? All I see is tons of tone mapping :)
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Hmm. I'd actually like to jump on the bandwagon here. Not that I expect all that much resale value, but...

2008 Metro/Buddy 125, with some minor crash damage. Mainly some small scuffs on the right side and a rim that was bent (then repaired) after a pot hole hit. 11 thousand miles. A bit of rust here and there--surface, mainly on the rim where it was bent and around the base of the mirror stems.

On the other hand, regular oil changes with full synthetic after break in.

I paid four grand canadian, with the tax and fees.

...I'd be lucky to get half that, wouldn't I?
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Placing a value on a used Buddy is tough. It really depends a lot on where you are. The summer is quickly coming to a close and that means the end of riding season for a lot of places.

Your best bet for getting an actual resale value (assuming you won't ship it) is to go through old posts in the For Sale section here, your area Craigslist, eBay (search for completed listings around you) as well as getting the opinion of scooter shops around you.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Sparky wrote:2008 Metro/Buddy 125, with some minor crash damage. Mainly some small scuffs on the right side and a rim that was bent (then repaired) after a pot hole hit. 11 thousand miles. A bit of rust here and there--surface, mainly on the rim where it was bent and around the base of the mirror stems.

I paid four grand canadian, with the tax and fees....I'd be lucky to get half that, wouldn't I?
Don't know much about the Canadian market, but around here in that condition with that mileage you would not get much above a quarter of that in my opinion (maybe 1200 to 1400 on a good summer day). Low mileage bikes in excellent condition are going at around $2K.
juice

Post by juice »

www.kbb.com/motorcycle also nada/motorcycle values .
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

juice wrote:www.kbb.com/motorcycle also nada/motorcycle values .
There was an arguement on an MC board about KBB and Nada. How do they come to their values? So anywys, it was decided that CL was the best place to go for actual used values in your area. I've had fairly good luck with the used Buddy 50cc I bought of CL, and will probably buy another used scooter and save about $1K. I think next year I'll move up to a 125cc. Need more power.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
VoodooKitty

Post by VoodooKitty »

Dooglas wrote:
Sparky wrote:2008 Metro/Buddy 125, with some minor crash damage. Mainly some small scuffs on the right side and a rim that was bent (then repaired) after a pot hole hit. 11 thousand miles. A bit of rust here and there--surface, mainly on the rim where it was bent and around the base of the mirror stems.

I paid four grand canadian, with the tax and fees....I'd be lucky to get half that, wouldn't I?
Don't know much about the Canadian market, but around here in that condition with that mileage you would not get much above a quarter of that in my opinion (maybe 1200 to 1400 on a good summer day). Low mileage bikes in excellent condition are going at around $2K.
+1
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

jmazza wrote:Placing a value on a used Buddy is tough. It really depends a lot on where you are. The summer is quickly coming to a close and that means the end of riding season for a lot of places.
And the beginning of great riding weather in others!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
cheez37

Post by cheez37 »

BuddyRaton wrote:
jmazza wrote:Placing a value on a used Buddy is tough. It really depends a lot on where you are. The summer is quickly coming to a close and that means the end of riding season for a lot of places.
And the beginning of great riding weather in others!
+1
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Dooglas wrote:
Sparky wrote:I paid four grand canadian, with the tax and fees....I'd be lucky to get half that, wouldn't I?
Quebec's a slightly different proposition in that scooters above 50cc--except the maxis, like the Burgmans and Majesties--are somewhat rare. The year I got Kermit, my dealer sold about four of them.

But yes, I assumed even the minor crash evidence would knock five hundred off the price. Kermit is what it is: a working scooter that's maintained mechanically but not coddled.
malakai

Post by malakai »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:that would look perfect framed and on the wall in the dining room. $80 for the print, I'd ask $2000 for the actual bike. 150 miles sounds like a trip back from the dealer and a few laps around the block, why the neglect?
I had it delivered...
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
malakai

Post by malakai »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:that would look perfect framed and on the wall in the dining room. $80 for the print, I'd ask $2000 for the actual bike. 150 miles sounds like a trip back from the dealer and a few laps around the block, why the neglect?
I don't have a license yet nor someone to ride with. Last year I Skipped second day of the MSF for personal reasons and did not go back to finish. So now I would have to start from zero and pay full fee. I better do the test of the DMV, SOON.
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
08buddyblack

Value

Post by 08buddyblack »

I have a low mile 08 in excellent condition....Had it for sale here and on craigslist for over a year best offer I have received is $900.00. Good luck the resale appears very poor. I will most likely donate mine to charity for the tax deduction.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Re: what's my buddy worth?

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

malakai wrote:125 cc, 150 miles, 2009. Neat. Rear and front racks. Top case. Windshield that I have not installed and having trouble with. Not that I will sell it, but I might.
this is a white one from outerspace I remember the side markings 8) 8)
KABarash

Re: what's my buddy worth?

Post by KABarash »

malakai wrote:125 cc, 150 miles, 2009. Neat. Rear and front racks. Top case. Windshield that I have not installed and having trouble with. Not that I will sell it, but I might.
I'm looking for a windshield on the 'cheap' Willing to sell that?