swamp ass

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

yeauxkneauxit

swamp ass

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

how to avoid it during hot days?

mornings = ok

afternoon = swamp ass
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Hard to avoid:-/ you can try "Anti Monkey Butt Powder" they sell it at WalMart. It seems to work pretty well:) try not to park in the sun too.
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

+1 on monkey buut
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Beaded seat cover. Ventilation is the key.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I just bought a beaded seat cover... seems to work pretty good... I am still using corn starch powder (not talcum powder) and one of the butt waxes (I don't remember the name brand).
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

This thread is making me feel less weird for having to clip my ass hair to avoid yanking and discomfort on the seat. :) At least I'm not having swamp ass!
Vic

Post by Vic »

iMoses wrote:I just bought a beaded seat cover... seems to work pretty good... I am still using corn starch powder (not talcum powder) and one of the butt waxes (I don't remember the name brand).
You might want to re-think using cornstarch... to put it delicately, yeast feeds on starches.

Yeast can colonize the skin, especially umm, "areas prone to moisture". If you have ever had the need to use products like Lamisil and so on, you were treating a yeast overgrowth.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/yeast_in ... cle_em.htm

If you don't have this problem, GREAT, lucky you. If you do, though, and you are using starch based products, you might want to find something different to use. :)

-v
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

ed85379 wrote:This thread is making me feel less weird for having to clip my ass hair to avoid yanking and discomfort on the seat. :) At least I'm not having swamp ass!
:bleh:
La la la la la la la la...

not listening...

la la la la la la la la
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
JoshuaTree

Post by JoshuaTree »

Clipping your ass hairs with a flobbie or clippers? BTW Can you scoot past fenway park and get me a paplebon jeresey? Thanks homie. :)
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

since we're on the topic of swampass, can I inquire about sweaty "cling". Should I ditch the boxers and go with the manthong for longer trips?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Oh boy, this thread just gets better and better.

Of course one of my children was walking in front of me as we were heading into the store and had this weird kind of waddle walk thing going on and when I inquired as to the difficulty I was informed that she was dealing with a sweaty-butt.

So, when I really want to make her mad I call her, "SB" and she turns about 16 shades of purple with her eyes popping out of her head and her mouth doing this adorable little "fish" thing before she balls her hands into fists and stalks away with her back as stiff as an angry cat's tail.

Changing a bazillion poopy diapers...$0
Having your little angel blurt out the latest humiliating piece of info about you in public...$0
Being able to utterly humiliate your teenager...priceless!

-v
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

ed85379 wrote:This thread is making me feel less weird for having to clip my ass hair to avoid yanking and discomfort on the seat. :) At least I'm not having swamp ass!
clip? :roll: :wink: use duct tape
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

swamp ass? my arse is the least of my worries. I could puke I am so hot these days of 100 heat index.
For the most part I have shed the mesh jacket b/c I was entering heat stroke territory. Today I pulled out the 3/4 helmet for the 2nd time this season and was a wreck thinking my face was going to shatter in an accident. Everyday I struggle with which piece of gear can be spared. I end up with long pants, boots, gloves, helmet-hopefully ff...and jacket is the first to go.
Worst. Summer. EVER
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Seriously, get (or make) a beaded seat cover and use Gold Bond in the morning.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
denverscoot50

Post by denverscoot50 »

Pssssttt..... Two words - diaper cream... you didn't hear it from me - ok? :idea:
Keep both hands on wheels and your feet on the handelbars!!

Prima 161 kit, NCY 150 head, Prima pipe, Koso clutch, Dr Pully variator, Kevlar belt - jetted to 100 - shes gettin there : 0
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

denverscoot50 wrote:Pssssttt..... Two words - diaper cream... you didn't hear it from me - ok? :idea:
Tried the diaper cream once, yuck I couldn't stand the texture and smell:-/
But I have heard it works.

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
Syd

Post by Syd »

There are so many disturbing quotes here...

I. Can't. Resist.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Vic wrote:
iMoses wrote:I just bought a beaded seat cover... seems to work pretty good... I am still using corn starch powder (not talcum powder) and one of the butt waxes (I don't remember the name brand).
You might want to re-think using cornstarch... to put it delicately, yeast feeds on starches.

Yeast can colonize the skin, especially umm, "areas prone to moisture". If you have ever had the need to use products like Lamisil and so on, you were treating a yeast overgrowth.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/yeast_in ... cle_em.htm

If you don't have this problem, GREAT, lucky you. If you do, though, and you are using starch based products, you might want to find something different to use. :)

-v

Haven't had any issues... oh by the way it's Gold Bond Plus w/ corn starch if that makes a difference.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

We call it wolf grease.

Briefs work better than boxers, which tend to make the problem, uhm, migrate to other areas? Okay, that's good. Use your imagination.

Seriously, though, Under Armor makes some good lightweight stuff that takes care of most of the problem. The English say there is no bad weather, just improper clothing. Performance undergarments - that's your future!
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

KCScooterDude wrote: The English say there is no bad weather, just improper clothing. Performance undergarments - that's your future!

Coming soon to a thread near you: "VooDoo Undies" :P
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Scalpel

Post by Scalpel »

For long rides, I swear by Ex Oficio underwear. They're pricey, but keep you very comfortable.
Author of <a href="http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... 10921">The International Donut Debacle</A>
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Scalpel wrote:For long rides, I swear by Ex Oficio underwear. They're pricey, but keep you very comfortable.
I second the ExOfficio underwear. REI has them on sale sometimes. They dry overnight so you only need a couple of pairs.

I use LDComfort for multi-day rides, which is similar to the UnderArmour heat stuff suggested above.

As for wearing mesh jackets in the heat, I find the regular textile works better if I wet the shirt I'm wearing underneath. You need a good solid bra :lol: Not good for commuting, obviously, unless you work at a Hooters-type establishment.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I know, TMI here. :oops:
But however, I'm a briefs kinda guy, the biggest issue I have is, the leg bands and the 'seat seams' of the briefs come together right under my scrawney arse right where the seat radius is, after riding a looong distance one particulary hot day I was rubbed raw something that looked like 'bed sores'!!! :cry:
Talk about OWIE!! annnd, I was unable to ride for two weeks!!!! :roll:

Where'd you guys find the beaded seat covers for bikes? I've used them for years in my Jeep and other vehicles where the seats are umcomfortable to me.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Mr Miller wrote:
denverscoot50 wrote:Pssssttt..... Two words - diaper cream... you didn't hear it from me - ok? :idea:
Tried the diaper cream once, yuck I couldn't stand the texture and smell:-/
But I have heard it works.
Gak, I could barely tolerate smelling it when my kids needed it, and the plastic helped to sequester the smell...

Wouldn't such a heavy cream make you feel even hotter because it holds the heat in? Kind of like folks that slather Vaseline or whatever all over before swimming in cold water?

I would think it would clog the pores of the skin too... Hmmm, is diaper cream non-comedogenic (sp?)?

Swamp ass traded in for pimple ass... Ugh, both sound horrible to me!

-v
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

siobhan wrote: You need a good solid bra :lol:
:wha: I need to start wearing a bra????!!! :rofl:
cdwise

Post by cdwise »

Coolmax boxer briefs are what my husband & son swear by for hiking and riding. Available at REI and other places online (half REI price) just make sure that is what they are made of since there are dozens of different brands.
TVB

Post by TVB »

KCScooterDude wrote:The English say there is no bad weather, just improper clothing.
The English say that because they are heavily in denial. I spent a year in the English rain one summer; I know of what I speak.
TVB

Post by TVB »

KABarash wrote:
Continuing to keep it in the pet carrier isn't going to do you any good. :wink:
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

siobhan wrote:
Scalpel wrote:For long rides, I swear by Ex Oficio underwear. They're pricey, but keep you very comfortable.
I second the ExOfficio underwear. REI has them on sale sometimes. They dry overnight so you only need a couple of pairs.

I use LDComfort for multi-day rides, which is similar to the UnderArmour heat stuff suggested above.

As for wearing mesh jackets in the heat, I find the regular textile works better if I wet the shirt I'm wearing underneath. You need a good solid bra :lol: Not good for commuting, obviously, unless you work at a Hooters-type establishment.
+1 yup they are awesome for scootering but the boxer briefs can ride up your leg and turn into briefs which kinda sucks so for cycling i use the under armor boxer briefs which are almost as awesome with no ride up action :D .
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
rv-rick

Post by rv-rick »

Lostmycage wrote:Seriously, get (or make) a beaded seat cover and use Gold Bond in the morning.
Wally World sells the covers for 4-wheelers. Don't remember the brand.
hardd1
Dealer

Post by hardd1 »

monkeys what powder??!!..... :shock: :shock:
Attachments
!cid__CC5B8AADA4A54DE5ABC914B59BFAE5D8@king_.gif
!cid__CC5B8AADA4A54DE5ABC914B59BFAE5D8@king_.gif (33.96 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing"
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Trying these today...

They are sort of spandexy, very slippery. Which should be good for chaffing;)

loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

Gawd I love this place!

Your wasting your time and money on fancy underpants, or various topical powders, creams, ointments, salves, liniments, ointments, balms, and snake oils. Instead, try olestra.
Clearly.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Olestra makes your poop runny, that wouldn't help with swampass at all!

I've had good luck with tight synthetic seamless underwear and the beads, dorky as they look.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

illnoise wrote:Olestra makes your poop runny, that wouldn't help with swampass at all!
Au contraire. :wink:
Clearly.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

loodieboy wrote:
illnoise wrote:Olestra makes your poop runny, that wouldn't help with swampass at all!
Au contraire. :wink:
I don't wanna know...!!
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Sport underwear update, things feel better. The slippery unddies rock the party :lol:

denverscoot50

Post by denverscoot50 »

oK so this was for when the damage was done and repairs are needed :cry:
Keep both hands on wheels and your feet on the handelbars!!

Prima 161 kit, NCY 150 head, Prima pipe, Koso clutch, Dr Pully variator, Kevlar belt - jetted to 100 - shes gettin there : 0
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Honestly this is embarrassing but I'm a no face behind a keyboard so I'll tell you.I use one piece of toilet paper square folded long ways.This is dirt cheap,no mess and can be replaced at will thru out the day as needed.Works great.Oh yea if you use the cheap toilet paper be sure to use more than one square.I know,I know :shock:
Aerosmith, None Other.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

BuddyLicious wrote:Honestly this is embarrassing but I'm a no face behind a keyboard so I'll tell you.I use one piece of toilet paper square folded long ways.This is dirt cheap,no mess and can be replaced at will thru out the day as needed.Works great.Oh yea if you use the cheap toilet paper be sure to use more than one square.I know,I know :shock:
If it is square how does it have a long ways? :P
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

TVB wrote:
KABarash wrote:

And you WILL be wearing it once your sig other finds it in the pet carrier!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

BuddyRaton wrote:
TVB wrote:
KABarash wrote::wha: I need to start wearing a bra????!!! :rofl:

And you WILL be wearing it once your sig other finds it in the pet carrier!
How's this for solid?

bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

BuddyLicious wrote:Honestly this is embarrassing but I'm a no face behind a keyboard so I'll tell you.I use one piece of toilet paper square folded long ways.This is dirt cheap,no mess and can be replaced at will thru out the day as needed.Works great.Oh yea if you use the cheap toilet paper be sure to use more than one square.I know,I know :shock:
This thread has been so funny to read. I don't really have anything to contribute. I just change my knickers more often.

And then there's this ^, holy crap. Too funny. Dunno if I would have shared but hey, don't knock it till you try it right? :P
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
trackpete

Post by trackpete »

Yes. 100%. I cannot recommend these enough, not just for riding but both extreme and everyday use. Whether an unexpected liaison requiring you to wear the same pair the next day or an epic ride in sweltering heat, they will take care of you. As a bonus they don't smell bad or get nasty and sticky or chafe even when they are soaked through - I've worn mine for days completely wet and never had a problem.

Okay, how's this for a little TMI:

7300 miles. 29 days. Three pairs of Ex Officio Give-N-Go briefs... I've washed them once. I usually wear a pair for 4-5 days (letting it breathe at night) then switch it out to the next.

In India I did 2000+ miles (two weeks) in SWELTERING heat with two pairs, and they were pretty soaked all the time (and always comfy).
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1tTNVh">DC to the Arctic Circle! An old youtube playlist.</a>
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Wheelz wrote:
KCScooterDude wrote: The English say there is no bad weather, just improper clothing. Performance undergarments - that's your future!

Coming soon to a thread near you: "VooDoo Undies" :P
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

voodoo or no voodoo I'm not wearing though :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Rusty Shackleford

Thread Revival 2012

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

The last post was over 2 years ago, so for anyone (like myself) who hadn't seen this; Modern Buddy has a Swamp Ass thread. Our mothers would be proud!

My vote for "best reply" is...
Tocsik wrote::bleh:
La la la la la la la la...

not listening...

la la la la la la la la
Last edited by Rusty Shackleford on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C'mon, sko sko sko!
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Every time I come to this board I learn something new. :shock:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
easy

Post by easy »

STOP SWAMP ASS RIDE NAKED :shock:
what did you trade the day for?
JAEGER

Post by JAEGER »

I'll put in another plug for the Under Armour skivvies. I switched to them some years ago after suffering from some serious moto-induced swamp ass, and they work like a charm.

--Jaeger
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to." -- Bill Lee, Naked Lunch
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 // 2013 Genuine Buddy 125
www.blackletter.org