The Ultimate Rally Vehicle

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

The Ultimate Rally Vehicle

Post by Howardr »

Scoot! just posted this up on facebook. great concept vehicle based on an Ape'.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/8/ ... alino.html

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Oh, I think I love that.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

that's pretty sweet, but I still think i'd rather have this....

that way you can detach it and go on the long rides with the rest of the rally go-ers.
Attachments
vespa1.jpg
vespa1.jpg (31.46 KiB) Viewed 314 times
tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

I'm still looking for a cushman truckster to do an american version. It's not so easy coming by an Ape in the states.
TVB

Post by TVB »

JSharpPhoto wrote:that's pretty sweet, but I still think i'd rather have this....
that way you can detach it and go on the long rides with the rest of the rally go-ers.
Ah, (blank) the the rest of them. :P I Want That Camper!

It reminds me of the super cool van I designed when I was 10, which I imagined would have room for a shower (the roof popped up), bunk beds, fridge, drawing table... everything I would need for a life on the road! It also has a bit of a Federation Shuttlecraft feel to it, which is always good.

Though I have to say that the bicycle handlebars look a little silly. I was expecting to see a little thumb-operated bell mounted to them. I'd prefer something a little more... scootery.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Is it my eyes, or does the occupant of that camper/trailer appear to have a molar going nuclear?
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

TVB wrote:Though I have to say that the bicycle handlebars look a little silly. I was expecting to see a little thumb-operated bell mounted to them. I'd prefer something a little more... scootery.
check your scooter history. those handlebars are what come in the piaggio ape, and most of the pre-50's vespas. You can't get MORE scootery than bare handlebars.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

charlie55 wrote:Is it my eyes, or does the occupant of that camper/trailer appear to have a molar going nuclear?
lol I was just noticing the same thing. Poor little Elephant Girl. At least she has a very cool camper :)

On a different note... there is a great episode of American Pickers where they find an old Vespa Ape in some barn somewhere. Quite the find.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
TVB

Post by TVB »

JSharpPhoto wrote:check your scooter history.
My scooter history begins in 2009. :P