Blur 220 out-the-door price?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

crackhead

Blur 220 out-the-door price?

Post by crackhead »

Just wondering, what have you guys paid in final costs for the Blur 220? Accessories or not. I know this will vary from place to place but I would like to get a general idea of what I'm looking at above the MSRP of $3899.

I couldn't find this info anywhere else on the forum so sorry if this is a repost.

Thanks!
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I got a break on delivery and some doc fees and I think that I was OTD at $4165 or something. Well worth every penny.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

Damn, that seems cheap! Much lower than I thought. It may turn out to be higher for me. Still, much appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone else?
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

I was out the door for under 4K, but I made a pretty aggressive deal with my dealer to buy the bike; it was the first Blur 220 in Austin and he wanted one out there.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

That's encouraging. Really, if I am under $4200 I'll be very happy.

Thanks again.
Mikie M.

Post by Mikie M. »

My out the door price was an even $4100.00.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

Thanks!

I have to admit, I am now also considering an Aprilia Sportcity 250. Any opinions of pros/cons considering the two?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

crackhead wrote:Thanks!

I have to admit, I am now also considering an Aprilia Sportcity 250. Any opinions of pros/cons considering the two?
Kinda depends on how you ride. Comparing the Sportcity and the Blur is like comparing (in motorcycle terms) a sport bike (Blur) and a cruiser (Sportcity).
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

I see the Sportcity as a sports bike too. Although, I can definitely see why some might think of it as a cruiser.

What I NEED this time around - something significantly larger than a 150cc, fuel injection (I am tired of effects caused by drastic elevation changes - I live in the Smoky Mountain range), CVT -cause I love shifting my Stella but want an alternative, disc brakes on both the front and back.

Both the SC250 and the Blur meet these needs. SC is $800 more than the Blur. Blur is 2nd generation, SC is 3rd. Aprilia has been around longer than GSC and it is Italian.

I have a Genuine Scooter Company scooter and would gladly have another. It's a toss-up as far as I'm concerned.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

crackhead wrote:I see the Sportcity as a sports bike too. Although, I can definitely see why some might think of it as a cruiser.
I haven't ridden the Aprilia so I couldn't tell you for sure, but what I CAN tell you is that compared to other scooters I've ridden, the Blur is in a class by itself. It simply handles like a CBR.

The ride is harsher than other scooters I've ridden, but with that comes enormous maneuverability.

Something else to consider is service/maintenance. Aprilia is up there with Ducati and BMW on service costs because the shops generally charge higher labor rates.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

killbilly wrote:

Something else to consider is service/maintenance. Aprilia is up there with Ducati and BMW on service costs because the shops generally charge higher labor rates.
True, that. Thanks.
tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

Many dealers are dropping Aprillia for sales, and some i know really don't want to take one in for service any more. They're rolling headaches. Riders ride and if that's your style get the Blur.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

tbonestone wrote:Many dealers are dropping Aprillia for sales, and some i know really don't want to take one in for service any more. They're rolling headaches. Riders ride and if that's your style get the Blur.
Can you elaborate on the rolling headaches? I'm serious.