So.... I'm new.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

the3rdleonard

So.... I'm new.

Post by the3rdleonard »

WOW! This site is awesome! You folks have really put together a great site. Sorry, first things first. I'm Leonard, and just bought my first scooter; an '08 Buddy 125. This is my first motorized two wheeled transportation of any kind and now that I have it I keep kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Now back to what I was saying, this site rocks! I've read several how-to posts already and each one is so detailed it could be in a after market manual. Thanks for setting this up, and thanks for making it open to all that ride. :D
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Welcome to Modern Buddy. you're right, the site is great, and the people who hang here, are 100X better than that. Enjoy!

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Welcome aboard Leanard. Gotta love the 125 Buddy! Hard to have more fun than that on rubber tires.

(Now for the nanny part of the message - Have you taken the MSF course yet? If not, go sign up. You'll be glad you did.)
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Hi Leonard,

Yup, this site rocks. Glad you found your way here :)
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Welcome! Ride safe!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Welcome to the club! Soon, like many of us, you'll be spending way too much time here :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

What up? Welcome to modernbuddy. Congrats on the new scoot.

Don't let my post count fool you, this place sucks. Not sure why I hang out here all day...every day. Sure its got a ton of nice people that help out all the time. And a archive of tech info that allow you to maintain your own ride. Oh and all the stories and great pics of all the scooter pilots and the adventures they have. I mean after all that cool stuff, what ya got really?

Ride safe. :D
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

welcome, friend

and don't forget to visit our "So Who's Crashed" thread for encouraging stories of scootering!

:rofl:

nah it isn't so bad lol.

congrats on your first brand new used scooter! it won't be your last =]
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Welcome to MB, and to the wonderful world of scoots and the folks that ride em'!
:D
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

JHScoot wrote: congrats on your first brand new used scooter! it won't be your last =]
Yeah...they tend to multiply all right... :roll:
:P

If you haven't taken it already, do take the Motorcycle Training Course--and buy and read "Proficient Motorcycling"...tons of invaluable info and advice in both places!

Ride safe! :D
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

welcome aboard! try not to spend too much time here like I did. It's cost me 2 jobs, 1 marriage, lost custody of both daughters, and I used to have washboard abs, now I sit around on here all day drinking while reading about other people's scootering problems.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

gee bootscootin' with firefighters like you D.C. must be about burned to the ground by now :rofl:
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

LOVE my 125!! My riding partner Oli has a 150 and both are awesome. We both can burn on fast stretches maneuver like heck in town and get awesome mileage. Welcome aboard you'll love it.
Twitter: @Drjuggernaught