Tis the season

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Quezzie

Tis the season

Post by Quezzie »

It's 26 degrees out today, and no rest for scooters. Tis the season, suckas.

No parking UNLESS IT'S A REINDEER.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

ehehe cute!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

lol nice :rofl:

you could put a flashing red bulb in front and make it a "Rudolf" scoot

maybe it would get airborne one cold, quiet, Christmas Eve night? :shock:
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

The sad part is...I actually gave thought to how I would hook that up to (through the battery, or through the 12v connector...).

If it did get airborne though, it would probably still only go about 35mph, hahaha...
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Quezzie wrote:The sad part is...I actually gave thought to how I would hook that up to (through the battery, or through the 12v connector...).

If it did get airborne though, it would probably still only go about 35mph, hahaha...

I bet it would do a much better than 35mph. A lot of energy is used to turn the wheels and tires. In the air they don't actually need to turn, well the rear will still turn, but not the front. so that energy could be put into forward motion. Since the equation is
e(energy)=m(mass)xv(velocity)squared
The energy output of the engine remains the same on the ground or in the air at any given throttle position, the mass of you and the bike is the same on the ground or in the air, so the only thing in the equation that can change is the velocity. Also, the damping effect of the suspension absorbs some energy. In the air that can also be turned into velocity.

It's time for me and the family to go cut down our Christmas tree now. Maybe we have an engineer member who wants to take this on and figure out the actual numbers. :wink:
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

gr8dog wrote:
Quezzie wrote:The sad part is...I actually gave thought to how I would hook that up to (through the battery, or through the 12v connector...).

I bet it would do a much better than 35mph. A lot of energy is used to turn the wheels and tires. In the air they don't actually need to turn, well the rear will still turn, but not the front. so that energy could be put into forward motion. Since the equation is
e(energy)=m(mass)xv(velocity)squared
The energy output of the engine remains the same on the ground or in the air at any given throttle position, the mass of you and the bike is the same on the ground or in the air, so the only thing in the equation that can change is the velocity. Also, the damping effect of the suspension absorbs some energy. In the air that can also be turned into velocity.

It's time for me and the family to go cut down our Christmas tree now. Maybe we have an engineer member who wants to take this on and figure out the actual numbers. :wink:
The amount of drag for any coefficient of lift that thing would generate would be mind-boggling.

Magic fairy dust, folks. Magic fairy dust is what's needed.
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

For lack of fairy dust, I took my scooter home in the snow flurries tonight. It was very pretty (and only slightly slippery). My scooter's first snow... too bad the weather is blocking the lunar eclipse.

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

that is so AWESOME

i think....i think i hear a sleigh bell :shock:

EDIT: it just became my Christmas wallpaper =]
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

My holiday lights run on a pair of AAs!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Tam Tam

cool

Post by Tam Tam »

best use of antlers i've seen.....and such a good wreath and lights!
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

Yessssss!! I like that against the cream-colored scoot. It's a Winter Wonder-scooter!

Inquiring minds want to know, how did you rig the lights? :D
(EDIT: I just saw the comment directly below the photo about hooking it to AAs...brilliant! Did they come that way?)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Quezzie wrote:Yessssss!! I like that against the cream-colored scoot. It's a Winter Wonder-scooter!

Inquiring minds want to know, how did you rig the lights? :D
(EDIT: I just saw the comment directly below the photo about hooking it to AAs...brilliant! Did they come that way?)
Yup! Battery-powered wreath from Target. I've had it for 4 years or so, I think. The lights even change colors!

Mounting the wreath about an hour before our annual Holiday Lights ride has become a tradition in my driveway.

You can find battery packs with switches (online or in electronics and hobby stores) to power this sort of thing. Rigging a Rudolph nose would be pretty easy.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

Nice! I might not be able to make it to Target before Christmas, the weather is slowing me down a bit...

I woke up and the driveway had a nice dusting. Roads were clear though, and halfway dry even, so I pushed her out for a short but pleasant ride.

A holiday lights ride sounds like a fun tradition, maybe I'll get an above-freezing evening in the next couple days and do a run in my neck of the woods...