holy moley! 1000!!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tam Tam

holy moley! 1000!!!

Post by Tam Tam »

Took delivery on my buddy on Nov.6th, and today I hit the 1000 mile mark :shock: . That averages roughly 23 miles a day, but I didn't ride every day. I have ridden a lot on my own, and had a few long club rides.
Not bragging or boasting, but just a bit suprised that how much fun I've had since getting it. Yet, in the back of my head is the selfish voice saying, "Wait!!! don't use it all up at once!!!"

Wow, but ain't it fun to go scootin' ?
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

post a pic or i say it didn't happen :P
michelle_7728

Re: holy moley! 1000!!!

Post by michelle_7728 »

Tam Tam wrote: "Wait!!! don't use it all up at once!!!"
Nah, you got some miles in it yet...Bonegirl got over 40,000 on hers before Genuine gave her a new one for being such a good spokesperson for the durability of the Buddy 125. :wink:

...and "Yep", scootin's fun! :D
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
Tam Tam

ye of little faith

Post by Tam Tam »

here's a thousand words
Attachments
Sally 6 odometer.jpg
Sally 6 odometer.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 399 times
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

:helmet:
BootScootin'FireFighter

Re: holy moley! 1000!!!

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Tam Tam wrote:"Wait!!! don't use it all up at once!!!"
Why not? Then you can move on to a new one!
Tam Tam

40,000? now that's rowdy!!!

Post by Tam Tam »

Then I shall endeavor to hit 50k...maybe I'll get a t shirt? (but a new buddy would be nicer, and faster too)
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: 40,000? now that's rowdy!!!

Post by ericalm »

Congrats!

Hope you're doing club rides with some of the awesome folks I met at Amerivespa this year. SA riders are super-friendly and really made the weekend for some of us from out of town.
Tam Tam wrote:Then I shall endeavor to hit 50k...maybe I'll get a t shirt? (but a new buddy would be nicer, and faster too)
I don't think that was an "everyone who racks up the miles gets a free Buddy" deal. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
trackpete

Post by trackpete »

Yes, scooting is amazing fun! If only it wasn't so damn cold out...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1tTNVh">DC to the Arctic Circle! An old youtube playlist.</a>