Any official word on 2011 Rattler 110s...?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hugo

Any official word on 2011 Rattler 110s...?

Post by Hugo »

Hey guys,
I've been away from this site for a while. I had owned a 2008 Rattler in the past , and I'm looking to get another one--likely a leftover 2010.
I'm on the fence, balancing my options and reliability concerns between the Rat 110 and the Sachs MadAss 125.
Why hasn't Genuine posted any 2011 models on their site? If PGO/ Genuine decides to discontinue the 2T 110cc scoots, I'll likely stay away.
"The All Is One..."
trackpete

Post by trackpete »

My understanding is that there won't be a new Rattler, I don't think it sold very well. I've seen a number of dealers unloading 2009's for almost half of MSRP.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1tTNVh">DC to the Arctic Circle! An old youtube playlist.</a>
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Damn shame. The 2T needs to be kept alive. I'm surprised, because every local dealer I had called said that they wished they had more Rattlers, and were overstocked on the Buddy 125.
"The All Is One..."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hugo wrote:Damn shame. The 2T needs to be kept alive. I'm surprised, because every local dealer I had called said that they wished they had more Rattlers, and were overstocked on the Buddy 125.
I don't think many dealers ordered Rattlers heavily. There may be enough Rattler stock in the US that the demand doesn't justify importing more of them this year. Overall, dealers and manufacturers are sitting on so much '09/'10 stock that some may be "skipping" a model year as some motorcycles and others did for 2010. I haven't heard this specifically about the Rattler (or anything about it).

The only new scoots we know about for 2011 are the Buddy 170i and the Stella 4T (which was supposed to be new in 2010, but let's not get back into that issue here and now…).

After the past couple years, it's probably not wise to debut a lot of new models and announce anything before they're headed for dealer floors.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bosco
Dealer

Post by bosco »

The last word heard was no more rattler 110's
the roughhouse is still around.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Hard to understand why the Roughhouse would remain (running with the rest of the 2T 50cc typical pack), and a Killer scoot like the Rattler 110 would be done away with.
Pretty sad... The aggressive design and response of the Rattler sets it way apart from other scooters in its range(no offense to Buddy 125 riders). Aside from a modified Piaggio Typhoon, I feel that the Rattler is a 2t enthusiast's dream.
Damn shame.
"The All Is One..."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hugo wrote:Hard to understand why the Roughhouse would remain (running with the rest of the 2T 50cc typical pack), and a Killer scoot like the Rattler 110 would be done away with.
It's not malice. If a killer scoot doesn't sell for whatever reason, there's little sense in keeping it in the lineup. The 50cc scoots sell very well in some markets such as college towns in states that don't require licenses, insurance and registration for 50s. It might make more sense for Genuine to have two offerings in that size, but not to have a 2T 110. Also, because the Rattler (aka PGO PMX 110) isn't offered in Taiwan or (as far as I can find) other PGO markets, the US may not be doing enough volume to economically keep the scooter in production.

Those are just some guesses, but Genuine obviously agrees that it's a killer scoot since they brought it (and not some of the other PGO models) to the US. Too bad to see it go.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

yeah it does suck that the rattler 110 is out
but if you look at the market the 100cc 2 strokes went out of europe a long time ago
i know yamaha still offers a 100 cc bws in very limited markets and each year the market for it gets smaller

the 50 will be around for a while in 2 stroke form well till the guys at carb find a way to kill it

and there is a ton of after market support for the hm 50 unlike the 110
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos