International Motorcycle Show in DC

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

texepictetus

International Motorcycle Show in DC

Post by texepictetus »

Anyone in the DC area going to the International Motorcycle show next weekend?
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Saturday morning, looking for modular helmets. Go to scooterdiva.com for a promo code to get $4 off admission. We'll see how much snow we get poned with this week then decide if it's riding in or Metro.
texepictetus

Motorcycle show

Post by texepictetus »

Thanks for the tip on the discount. The girl and I will take the train in on Sat morning.
trackpete

Post by trackpete »

Who was the genius with the idea of a motorcyle show in January in DC? lol.

I'm tempted to go to check out the gear and see if I can maybe drum up some connections or sponsorship. Hrm hrm. Plus it's like three blocks from my house.

Mebbe I'll meet you guys on Sat!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1tTNVh">DC to the Arctic Circle! An old youtube playlist.</a>
jmkjr72

Re: Motorcycle show

Post by jmkjr72 »

texepictetus wrote:Thanks for the tip on the discount. The girl and I will take the train in on Sat morning.
you to better take pics and post them up or atleast email them to me
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
texepictetus

Motorcycle Show

Post by texepictetus »

No problem Joe. She's got a snazzy new camera so I'll put her to work while I'm playing with all the toys.
stiffi

Post by stiffi »

trackpete wrote:Who was the genius with the idea of a motorcyle show in January in DC? lol.

I'm tempted to go to check out the gear and see if I can maybe drum up some connections or sponsorship. Hrm hrm. Plus it's like three blocks from my house.

Mebbe I'll meet you guys on Sat!
All the East Coast vehicle shows are in this time frame. The boat show, the car show. the motorcycle show. I guess they figure most people aren't crazy enough to ride their bikes in the winter so they figure they'll get them to get the fix by coming to the show...And maybe buying something.
Thought I was buying a Buddy and ended up with a People 150. Hanging out for the cool conversation!
TVB

Post by TVB »

Yeah, these kinds of shows are deliberately scheduled during the "off" season. It's not just that riders are stir crazy, but this time of year the vendors are often sitting around wishing they had foot traffic.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I had a hell of a good time at the Novi, Michigan show last weekend, they've done a good job of updating the show and adding some additional value.

http://www.examiner.com/scooter-in-detr ... ns-to-novi

http://www.examiner.com/scooter-in-detr ... i-michigan
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
texepictetus

Motorcycle Show

Post by texepictetus »

I love going to these expos this time of year. While I was in Wisconsin I found myself going to any expo/show I could find just to get out of the house. At the very least it is alway great people watching. I'm psyched to be able to go to the Motorcycle show on Saturday and the Tattoo Expo in Arlingon on Sunday. Maybe I won't go crazy this winter!
KABarash

Re: Motorcycle Show

Post by KABarash »

texepictetus wrote: Maybe I won't go crazy this winter!
I'm already crazy, so it's too late for me!!!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

pretty disappointing. Nothing scooter related at all. I probably should've been expecting that. If you're into crotch rockets, then it's probably pretty cool. I tried on the HJC IS-Max finally, and will own one before New Orleans. Other than that, I got a dashboard sticky thing, and met another cool ModBuddy couple. No trackpete sighting though.
texepictetus

Show

Post by texepictetus »

The show was very heavy on big motorcycles. Only scooters there were from Honda or Yamaha. I'll admit that before the show I was a little motorcycle curious, but I can proudly say I'm a scooter person. Even the Suzuki TU250X wasn't what I thought it would be.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Didn't BMW have their new scooter there? It was at the LA show.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
texepictetus

Show

Post by texepictetus »

There really wan't anything in the category of "that much fun". I tried on Nexx helmets, bought some anti-fog stuff for the lady friend, and met up w/ another Modern Buddy couple. I can say that I enjoyed the opportunity to jump on all the Honda and Yamaha scooters in one building wthout pressure to buy anything.