Some punk knocked my scooter over

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

heyitsomid

Some punk knocked my scooter over

Post by heyitsomid »

So I was parking in the motorcycle/scooter parking here in berkeley to watch the movie true grit. It was a great movie although I don't think the majority of the audience understood that it was supposed to be funny. Anyway I come back and the scooter is on its side laying against another bike that got dominoed in the incident. My friends and I pick my bike and the other guys up off the ground and the damage was a light scratch on my new helmet and a small crack in the front faring. Anyone with suggestions on fixing the scratch? and anyone know how much that new faring would cost for a buddy black jack? Thanks for the help and I am glad it seems like scooter season is back at least for me and until the summer (summers are cold in the bay area)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

how could anyone not understand its supposed to be somewhat humorous? true grit, i mean?

its the Coen Bros, for crying out loud

faring is pretty inexpensive for a Buddy, i believe. once saw it posted somewhere ALL the plastics are $300, total. at least the painted pieces.
heyitsomid

Post by heyitsomid »

exactly Coen bros says it all but the two girls in front of us were giving us dirty looks every time we laughed. thanks for the info. I'll prob keep the broken faring on there since its small and not at all distracting. I'm just shocked another cyclist would knock the bike over!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

heyitsomid wrote: I'm just shocked another cyclist would knock the bike over!
Was most likely some 'pea-brain' who considers Scooters toys...
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

Maybe it was a punkette.
ritchj

Post by ritchj »

Scooters never ever get knocked over in Berkeley. Look around, they're all perfect and unscratched - aren't they?

Consider never ever leaving your helmet where it can get knocked over or hit the ground. You are now wearing a helmet that has been potentially compromised.

Here's what the intertubenets say