stella 4t delivery

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

Lovelandstella wrote:...My dealer still has not even received them yet. [my deposit since march 2010] :cry:
okay - my Colorado dealer just got them on friday night, and are prepping them for this week. Finally! :D
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

The below was raised at MV,anyone have an answer for the frequent checks? From reading a few comments on MV this seems out of the ordinary.Maybe a manual typo? Overkill?

"The 4T owner's manual recommends checking the valves in the engine every 3000 to 3500 kms (about 2000 miles)

That seems to be very frequent"
Aerosmith, None Other.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyLicious wrote:The below was raised at MV,anyone have an answer for the frequent checks? From reading a few comments on MV this seems out of the ordinary.Maybe a manual typo? Overkill?

"The 4T owner's manual recommends checking the valves in the engine every 3000 to 3500 kms (about 2000 miles)

Too frequent, I say. 4000 miles is pretty standard. Genuine or dealers will probably be able to clarify.

I'm getting close to 4K, so may just have my valves checked when I'm able to bring her in for a service.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

Just took delivery of my red Stella 4T today!

Unfortunately, I'm sick as a dog with "walking pneumonia", and the weather here is miserable, so it is still tied down in the back of my van. As the forecast for the next few days is just as miserable, it most likely won't get ridden any more than the few laps I did around the MotoStrada parking lot until next week. Very frustrating waiting 13+ months for a scooter and then not being in any condition to ride it. :(

Mark at Motostrada has an unspoken-for blue one on the floor, if any of you Maryland-area types are interested.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

ericalm wrote:
BuddyLicious wrote:The below was raised at MV,anyone have an answer for the frequent checks? From reading a few comments on MV this seems out of the ordinary.Maybe a manual typo? Overkill?

Too frequent, I say. 4000 miles is pretty standard. Genuine or dealers will probably be able to clarify.

I'm getting close to 4K, so may just have my valves checked when I'm able to bring her in for a service.
Was just watching the Stella 4T PDI video that was posted recently.

The narrator from Genuine made a point of the fact that the Stella has roller bearings in the rocker arms (a good thing), and that the valves would not likely need readjustment for 5000 miles after the 500 mile service.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Silver Streak wrote:
ericalm wrote:

Was just watching the Stella 4T PDI video that was posted recently.

The narrator from Genuine made a point of the fact that the Stella has roller bearings in the rocker arms (a good thing), and that the valves would not likely need readjustment for 5000 miles after the 500 mile service.
Good to know!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pesce

Post by pesce »

Stella 4T PDI video?

can you please post a link?
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

pesce wrote:Stella 4T PDI video?
can you please post a link?
it's on page one of this very same thread.
bosco wrote:4t pdi, here you go:
this is the vid they uploaded to vimeo
http://vimeo.com/20618680
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------