Good deal on a 2005 Stella?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bchan

Good deal on a 2005 Stella?

Post by bchan »

I found a 2005 Stella on CL, the guy wants $1800 for it. It has under 1500 miles on it, and is in good condition. He says he bought it from an old couple who didn't use it much. This guy apparently bought it for his wife but she wasn't fond of the manual transmission so they are selling it 3 weeks after buying from the older couple. I'm pretty tempted as I've been eyeing a Stella since my Buddy got stolen last summer. Is it worth a 3 hour drive to pick it up and $1800?
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

Mine didn't even feel broken in until after 1500 miles so I would say it sounds like a good deal. Make sure it wasn't dumped or crashed, 1500 bucks might take it....
bchan

Post by bchan »

Very good point, I think I'll try to talk Him down a bit but hopefully I'll be cruising around on my new white Stella by tuesday!
MOD MIKE

Post by MOD MIKE »

I bought my 2003 Stella last June; it had only 711 miles on it. He was asking $1500.00, I offered him $1200.00, he jumped on it. Now that was a very good deal. If I were you, I'd offer him $1500.00. "Make him an offer he can't refuse." That's what we do in New Jersey. Ha Ha. :roll:
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

White? I dont recall the Stella in white 2T at least.
bchan

Post by bchan »

Yeah, definitely looks white. kinda strange now that you mention it. Maybe it was repainted?

http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/2236865726.html
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

bchan wrote:Yeah, definitely looks white. kinda strange now that you mention it. Maybe it was repainted?
http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/2236865726.html
I *think* the 2005 had a white color made.
I tried to confirm this online but my head is spinning.
Does Anyone here have the knowledge of every color option of every Genuine Stella ever officially made, and care to share with the rest of us?

5 points... :)
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

Pink, white, mint, avocado, British green, light blue, royal blue, tangerine, pumpkin, red, black. I also met a guy with a silver one, but he may have painted his.
bchan

Post by bchan »

After doing some searching I have discovered a bunch different options and prices in my area. There is still the white Stella for $1800 with 1500mi, and a silver 04 with 2500 miles, a red 08 with 80 miles for $1900 and a vespa px150 with 12,000 miles for $1500. Descisions descisions! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
MOD MIKE

Post by MOD MIKE »

I spent a lot of time shopping around before I bought mine. Just like you, I was considering buying an older Vespa PX150. The prices on the older Vespas were way too high to consider, so I ruled them out. Next thing I did was choose colors; what colors I liked or disliked, just to narrow down the process. I did the same thing with mileage; I set a limit. After all this, I decided how much I wanted to pay. It took a while, but I found just the color I wanted with low miles at the price I wanted to pay. Shopping can be fun, so take your time. :?
bchan

Post by bchan »

Well, after much debating I went with the silver 04, it was in the best condition and from a trusted source. I had a Buddy 125 up until last summer when it got stolen from in front of my apartment and I was sad to be scooterless for so long but now I'm back in action with the scooter I originally wanted so I guess it worked out in the end.

The transition to a shifty was scary for about 2 minutes, but a small wheelie and a few killed starts later I got the hang of it and drove 60 miles home, haven't stopped smiling since. Thanks for the advice and pointers, I'm a happy man.