Seattle Area Rides

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

maryvu

Seattle Area Rides

Post by maryvu »

I'm planning a half-day trip tomorrow. I've cycled around bainbridge, vashon. How about routes east or southeast of seattle?

suggestions?
RabidChild

Post by RabidChild »

I rode out to Snoqualmie Falls once last summer which was pretty nice. I'm sure I'll do that at least once this year too. Another option would be to do the loop around Lake Sammamish.
hammer down
birdmove

Post by birdmove »

Weekender to San Juan Island, or Orcas Island. We have a 49cc Ruckus and Metro right now, so we trucked them from Puyallup to the Anancortes ferry terminal, unloaded, and rode them onto the boat. By the way, you get to cut to the front of the line at the ferry boat every time. This really saves lots of time especially if your coming back from the island. There are ways to get to Anacortes via backroads, but the route sounded pretty complicated, and since our scooters are just 49cc, we electred to truck them to Anacortes, Both islands are great for scootering.We stayed in bed and breakfasts, but you could also camp (Moran State Park on Orcas). I have Sundays and Mondays off, so we left the islands on Mondays, but I'm sure the lines are super long on a Sunday, but since you get to cut to the front, you won't miss the boat!!

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii
johnny_buddha

Post by johnny_buddha »

Hmm, dunno about southeast or east but in the city, I like going over to Discovery park and also Carkeek park. Go through the quiet neighborhoods (like Blue Ridge) for a nice Sunday stroll.
maryvu

Post by maryvu »

I ended up taking the edmonds/kingston ferry.

North to Port Gamble (i'd been here many times on my bicycle). there was a civil war re-enactment, so I hung a while and watched that. I used to live near Gettysburg, PA. so the scale was smaller, but still entertaining.

South towards Bainbridge via some back roads, but more of the faster ones. I did stop at a State park (can't remember which one) where I napped under a tree for 30 mins.

Then to Bainbridge, where I meandered to Port Madison and south towards Winslow. I stopped at Friends' house to eat dinner (unintentional to 'stop by' at dinner, it just happened to be that time!) Then to Winslow to catch the ferry back to Seattle.

Not a lot of miles, but it was fun to be on an adventure. I didn't plan my route, I think next time I'll plan better to be on more scenic roads. The positive to being on 55mph roads, is that since I recently rolled over to 1200 miles, I felt comfortable really opening up to some serious sustained speed! Barely touched 70, going downhill w/ a tailwind. I think I'm fine with self-imposed top speed of 65, though.

The only casualty of the day was my Chrome Rear Rack! the center-rear bracket broke from the bolt. It appears to be a stamped piece, then welded to the rack. Not an uncommon thing from what I've read here. I've never put anything too heavy in the top case, per the instructions.

I ordered ortlieb rolltop panniers and they came today (great timing!) I'm going to go with those, after I return the rack to the dealer, and put on the original bars. I'm more comfortable with the brake light visibility, anyway.

The color matched topcases in the new scooterworks catalog would be fun though, but I digress.