4T Stella Unwrapping Party @ NoHo Scooters

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

4T Stella Unwrapping Party @ NoHo Scooters

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Like a dream made real, the day we've waited for, wondering when it would ever come, has indeed arrived. Behold the Stella 4T unwrapping party at NoHo scooters... Happy, Happy Joy, Joy!

Congrats Phil! They look great.
Attachments
We have a witness.
We have a witness.
eric_Stellas.jpg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Red Stella 4T goodness.
Red Stella 4T goodness.
red_Stella4T.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
A flock of Stellas. (A gaggle of Stellas? A murder of Stellas? A slew of Stella's?)
A flock of Stellas. (A gaggle of Stellas? A murder of Stellas? A slew of Stella's?)
stellas.jpg (42.42 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 4T Stella Unwrapping Party @ NoHo Scooters

Post by jrsjr »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:A murder of Stellas?
The first time I read that, I read it as, "A rumor of Stellas." :rofl: I propose, "An ecstasy of Stellas."
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I miss unwrapping parties :cry:
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:...Happy, Happy Joy, Joy!
:clap: :D
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Probably the most exciting news in the scooter biz in a long, long time.
(a business that needs some excitement!)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i miss all the good parties :(

is that a price tag on eric? how much for him?
Riding is riding
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I am SERIOUSLY considering selling my Buddy and my p200 and just having a 4T Stella and the Dream. Not right away or anything, but it's definitely an option.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JHScoot wrote:is that a price tag on eric? how much for him?
I'm expensive. Also, low MPGs, poor emissions, difficult to work on. Problems with stalling, especially on the couch.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Ha,the jacked up Stellas with their wheels and parts missing look right at home with the graffiti in the background.

PS-You know like they were stripped by criminals for their parts.
Aerosmith, None Other.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

jrsjr wrote:
Skootz Kabootz wrote:A murder of Stellas?
The first time I read that, I read it as, "A rumor of Stellas." :rofl: I propose, "An ecstasy of Stellas."
I propose "A constellation of Stellas".
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

charlie55 wrote:I propose "A constellation of Stellas".
And that's a winner!!!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Zeea5UzPPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BTW, the VIN numbers on those we saw were all over 260 or so. For those who care!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
TVB

Post by TVB »

A desire of Stellas.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

TVB wrote:A desire of Stellas.
A "shload" of them
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:BTW, the VIN numbers on those we saw were all over 260 or so. For those who care!
I admit VINs are all greek to me - but as a self proclaimed "VInidot" (VIN/idiot, I know, it doesn't even work). but what does that mean?
are they technically now a 2011 or something? thanks for humoring me.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lovelandstella wrote:
ericalm wrote:BTW, the VIN numbers on those we saw were all over 260 or so. For those who care!
I admit VINs are all greek to me - but as a self proclaimed "VInidot" (VIN/idiot, I know, it doesn't even work). but what does that mean?
are they technically now a 2011 or something? thanks for humoring me.
Actually, I just checked the last few digits, so don't know what model year they are. All it really shows is where these are in the production run and how many may be out there. Some people are interested in the VINs and where certain ones may fall in the overall number of those in the country or their order in the production run.
superseagulls

Post by superseagulls »

Do you know how many they may have brought over in the first shipment...?

I guess it may be a trade secret, but the 'early adopters' have their rides so I imagine future deliveries will be floor stock...?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

superseagulls wrote:Do you know how many they may have brought over in the first shipment...?

I guess it may be a trade secret, but the 'early adopters' have their rides so I imagine future deliveries will be floor stock...?
Not sure… dealers have obviously had a lot of time to place their pre-orders and as far as I know no one's getting shorted. At the same time, I'm unaware of the fate of the original first shipment and how/when those are coming back to the US.

I guess one interesting thing about these VINs is that the ones we're getting now are probably not those that were held in Customs for a year. I'm guessing those will get "corrected" in India, then be held for a future shipment, meaning we could see lower VIN numbers later this year. Weird!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Manny from NoHo Scooters posted a set of the new Stellas here. Nice pics!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snapshot05 ... 516929920/
bosco
Dealer

they are great out of the crate!

Post by bosco »

the colors are awesome

they look good.
Last edited by bosco on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
devojones

Post by devojones »

Pretty maids all in a row :D
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ericalm wrote:Manny from NoHo Scooters posted a set of the new Stellas here. Nice pics!
no black? is black coming?

i know the Genuine site doesn't have it offered :(
Riding is riding
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

Hello everyone, this is my first post and first question.

I was a motorcycle guy many years ago but now that I'm in my 50s with a wife and kid I've decided to take it a bit slower and get a nice scooter. In the little reading I've done this Stella 4T looks like a really nice scooter, and I love the retro styling.

Question, is there any reason a newbie should NOT get a scooter like this as his first scooter? I don't mind spending around $4K on a scooter, I actually like the idea of shifting, but I just want to make sure it's a good scooter for the price and one I can enjoy for many years to come.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JHScoot wrote:
ericalm wrote:Manny from NoHo Scooters posted a set of the new Stellas here. Nice pics!

No black.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Mulliganal wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post and first question.

I was a motorcycle guy many years ago but now that I'm in my 50s with a wife and kid I've decided to take it a bit slower and get a nice scooter. In the little reading I've done this Stella 4T looks like a really nice scooter, and I love the retro styling.

Question, is there any reason a newbie should NOT get a scooter like this as his first scooter? I don't mind spending around $4K on a scooter, I actually like the idea of shifting, but I just want to make sure it's a good scooter for the price and one I can enjoy for many years to come.
Welcome to the forum!

I'd say this would be a fine first scooter, especially for someone already familiar with shifting a powered two wheeler.

If you have some time on your hands, I wrote a rather lengthy review of the 4T Stella here: topic17786.html
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

ericalm wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

I'd say this would be a fine first scooter, especially for someone already familiar with shifting a powered two wheeler.

If you have some time on your hands, I wrote a rather lengthy review of the 4T Stella here: topic17786.html
Thanks for the link ericalm, great write up also. I'm torn between the Stella 4T and the Buddy 170, I know they're very different but I love the style of the Stella and the reliability of the Buddy. Either way it looks like I'll have a nice scooter.

My wife will be getting a 50cc Buddy so we will be a scooter family. We live in a very scooter friendly area in Georgia so we can't wait.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Mulliganal wrote:My wife will be getting a 50cc Buddy so we will be a scooter family. We live in a very scooter friendly area in Georgia so we can't wait.
Hey, Mulliganal, welcome to Modern Buddy! Do you happen to live out near Decatur? I'm originally from a little neighborhood off Clairmont Road near the VA Hospital. I still can't believe what a scooter-friendly area that has become. Makes me sorry that I ever moved. :roll:

Anyway, welcome to MB.

P.S. I don't think you can go very far wrong with a 4T Stella.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ericalm wrote:
JHScoot wrote:

No black.
shame

oh well, the title says "4t" for the first vid, and the second vid is a sales pitch for those who want to peruse its features. this is for a 2t, but the 4 is mentioned, and i assume is similar in features

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HDA5Je-lU_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mAJ5ITZTGkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

note its brilliant BLACK color :twisted:
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Pffft—black… such a 2T color! :P

I'm already looking forward to future colors and (hopefully) special editions like the Atomic Fireball and GB 2T Stellas.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Mulliganal,

Welcome to MB where you will find a great bunch of people and a wealth of info.IMPO the decision to buy a Stella is yours and yours only.Having said that it can't be said enough before making a commitment be sure to thoroughly research the scoot your interested in,you know the pluses and the minuses of ownership.You can easily spend a couple of weeks here reading and researching Genuine scooters.

At any rate Good luck and welcome onboard mate.
Aerosmith, None Other.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ericalm wrote:Pffft—black… such a 2T color! :P

I'm already looking forward to future colors and (hopefully) special editions like the Atomic Fireball and GB 2T Stellas.
yeah a special edition one would be great. one with some black on it :)

ok one more vid. i like this guys little movie, riding with a passenger. his intro and close, too

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZrNjbN-tDHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Riding is riding
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

ericalm wrote:Pffft—black… such a 2T color! :P

Might be time to enter our own color schemes and after forward them to Phil at Genuine.What say you?

Curious,how does Genuine choose colors anyway? Throw darts at sample colors? As the public and majority wins? Hire a paint expert for their recommendations?

Just watched the video posted above by JHScoot.The girl stated Stellas now have improved paint quality,so hey thats a plus huh! Wonder if their were anymore improvements.
Aerosmith, None Other.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyLicious wrote:Curious,how does Genuine choose colors anyway? Throw darts at sample colors? As the public and majority wins? Hire a paint expert for their recommendations?
Oh, I'm sure it's nothing so formal as any of that! :)

Honestly, the impression I get is whatever they like, think is cool and think people will like, that's what they put out! Of course, there are other considerations such as cost and availability.

I think the Stella 4T blue is the only current paint color that's totally unique to the US. We have some different grip/seat combinations and some other changes (such as GENUINE branding!). In Europe, it's easier to get all the colors because the regulations are more standardized. They have a lot of colors, but I'm not sure how some would do in the US.

Yuck.

However, this one is quite nice, IMHO!

You can peruse the colors at http://www.lmlitalia.com.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

ericalm wrote:
BuddyLicious wrote:Curious,how does Genuine choose colors anyway? Throw darts at sample colors? As the public and majority wins? Hire a paint expert for their recommendations?
Oh, I'm sure it's nothing so formal as any of that! :)

Honestly, the impression I get is whatever they like, think is cool and think people will like, that's what they put out! Of course, there are other considerations such as cost and availability.

I think the Stella 4T blue is the only current paint color that's totally unique to the US. We have some different grip/seat combinations and some other changes (such as GENUINE branding!). In Europe, it's easier to get all the colors because the regulations are more standardized. They have a lot of colors, but I'm not sure how some would do in the US.

Yuck.

However, this one is quite nice, IMHO!

You can peruse the colors at http://www.lmlitalia.com.
Would my ship ever come in, and I ordered the red one, the seat and grips would need to be changed to black.

Surprising to me even, as my ET-4 had tan seat and grips and thats what I liked about it!
dwayneed

Post by dwayneed »

I love the Bicolor ones... Any good pics of the new yellow 4t Stella? The yellow is growing on me....
Attachments
Bicolor Vintage Star
Bicolor Vintage Star
Bicolor Star.jpg (145.7 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

Oh, that bi-color one is glorious. Just sayin'.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

That 2-tone is a straight up parts swap. If anyone really wanted one, they could get green cowls, fender and headset. :)

I'd heard there might be a 2-tone one on display at Dealer Expo last February but I didn't see any pics of it.

Here's the yellow, but the Stella has brown seat and grips:

Over at NoHo:

And, just for fun: