Which of the newer Stella colors do you have, want, like?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Which of the newer stock Stella color do you like?

Avocado
17%
Creme
17%
Slate Blue
19%
White
5%
Dijon Yellow
12%
Red
12%
Black
2%
Powder Blue
7%
Tangerine
10%

Total votes: 42

Mulliganal

Which of the newer Stella colors do you have, want, like?

Post by Mulliganal »

I know may people love Stella because of its classic look, but I was wondering which of the newer stock colors most people have or just like.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Have: cream.
Like: Slate blue.

Also: I've no need to keep the original paint on this, so who knows? I know I want to customize it somehow eventually. Could a 2-tone paint job be in its future? Maybe!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

ericalm wrote: Also: I've no need to keep the original paint on this, so who knows? I know I want to customize it somehow eventually. Could a 2-tone paint job be in its future? Maybe!
Is it pretty easy to get the body off if you want to have a custom paint job done? I have a paint shop near my house and they work on and paint a lot of vintage cars. Some of the colors I've seen them use are just amazing.

I'm thinking a cream sure would look nice with some two toned parts painted the same blue of cars back in the 1950s.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Easy? Well… Not any harder than most other metal-bodied scooters. The back half of the body exterior will come off on its own fairly easily. The front, you'll have to dismantle the headset, drop the forks, etc.

The easiest way to go 2-tone is just to swap or paint the cowls, front horncast, headset top and front fender.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

Have: Red
Want: if not red, then the green and white are very nice too.

repainting? I am actually considering adding a reflective paint under a clearcoat to the scoot so it will glow with any light. turn the whole thing into a reflector!

kinda like this, but as a solid color:
topic14650.html
Last edited by Lovelandstella on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

ericalm wrote:Have: cream.
Like: Slate blue.

Also: I've no need to keep the original paint on this, so who knows? I know I want to customize it somehow eventually. Could a 2-tone paint job be in its future? Maybe!
Personally I like 2 tone paint jobs. The only problem is that they have become the standard for the bodges from overseas.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

Funny, the Dijon Yellow is really growing on me, but is doesn't look much different from the 2T Orange, or as they call it in the 2010 catalog 'Tangerine'.

Is there really a difference or did they just change the name to Dijon Yellow?
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

With my eyes closed I'll say:

1st Choice - Creme
2nd - Avocado

My dream scooter is a 4T Automatic 200i LML/Stella.
Aerosmith, None Other.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

BuddyLicious wrote:...My dream scooter is a 4T Automatic 200i LML/Stella.
Automatic!??!?!?!
Calm down, Lovelandstella, calm down. Its BuddyLicious' dream, not yours, and they can dream what they want...
I'm sorry I had an outburst.

I will say this. My wife had a "Dream engagement ring" she always wanted for as long as she could remember... untill she actually tried it on- then she changed her mind. :)
maybe give the Shifter a try before you put your dream on a 10+ years from now waitlist? I figure the 4T shifty 200i LML/Stella must be here within 5 years. I'll trade in my 4t and get one.

p.s. (I was soo glad I took her to the Jeweler to try the ring on first) :wink:
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
Midnight Drifter

Post by Midnight Drifter »

I REALLY WANT THAT SLATE BLUE, IT LOOKS SO AWESOME IN PERSON :D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Mulliganal wrote:Funny, the Dijon Yellow is really growing on me, but is doesn't look much different from the 2T Orange, or as they call it in the 2010 catalog 'Tangerine'.

Nope, it's different. You have to see them in person. The yellow is a much brighter color than I expected, shade more orange-y than, say, school bus.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

ericalm wrote:
Mulliganal wrote:Funny, the Dijon Yellow is really growing on me, but is doesn't look much different from the 2T Orange, or as they call it in the 2010 catalog 'Tangerine'.

Nope, it's different. You have to see them in person. The yellow is a much brighter color than I expected, shade more orange-y than, say, school bus.
I really would like to see the yellow in person, from pics thats my fav but school bus yellow doesn't sound so appealing :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
BrooktownGeezer

Post by BrooktownGeezer »

I was hoping it would be the Goldenrod sort of color Vespa and Lambretta produced in the early 70's.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Avocado with the tan seat is downright attractive. Takes me back to the days of that Genuine GB Special or whatever. The ad for that one on the back of Scoot Magazine got me to commit to buying my first scooter four years ago.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Rippinyarn wrote:Avocado with the tan seat is downright attractive. Takes me back to the days of that Genuine GB Special or whatever. The ad for that one on the back of Scoot Magazine got me to commit to buying my first scooter four years ago.
The GB150! My fave of the original Stellas.

(full size)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

You forgot Pink.

Creme is definitely my favorite, but I also like slate blue. I think I'd really like the "dijon yellow" too with the right trim & stickers.
laxer

Post by laxer »

I'd love to get a red or creme, but with my economic sitch, I might look into a used red 2T and just get the brown seat and handles.
Midnight Drifter

Post by Midnight Drifter »

BuddyLicious wrote:maybe give the Shifter a try before you put your dream on a 10+ years from now waitlist?
If he buys the Stella and isn't satisfied with it, he can always find a front-end-wrecked People 250 or Like 200i, and get creative with a cutting torch and welder. ;)