Horse Power

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

docjones

Horse Power

Post by docjones »

Anyone see any posted horsepower figures for any Genuine/PGO products. I'm very curious as to what the 220i Blur puts out. Horsepower ratings seem to be all over the board when it comes to scooters. For instance my friends 05 Vespa 200L is rated at 20 with 198 or 199cc and it is liquid cooled with a carb. Kymcos 2010 Yager 200i is 174cc, liquid cooled and fuel injected but rated at just 11.7hp What's up with that? Anyone have a clue?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I've seen 15.8 and 16 for the Blur 220i (from the manual?). The scoot seems pretty strong, but I'd believe something around those numbers.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Midi Mic

scooter hp ratings

Post by Midi Mic »

I don't know much about PGO's yet but i can share what I do know and that may help. Most scooter co's list the hp at the crank not the wheel. For example a TGB 151 cc was listed 12.? at the crank and 10.? at the wheel. Most cheeper gy6 150 cc's are 6 to 8 hp. Many of these are designed weak so they don't break the cheaper metal parts so soon. Depending on bore/stroke, compression and valve size/timing etc. you can get @20 hp out of a gy6. They are basically Honda copied engines and most if you bore the case can go upto 190 cc kits, I think 170 without boring. The world record on a 2 stroke 168 cc modern framed sport scooter is 11.9 s 104mph and I think he was at 28 hp but of course torque and very high rpm's was likely the way he got that fast on a 2 stroke. 5 years in a row he broke his own record. The 200 or 220 maybe based on the gy6 with some larger mods i haven't had a chance to find out but I would like to know. Some of the 250 cc list 17 HP others like the UM/ Hyosung list @24-25HP. Again they vary alot with 2 Valve or 4 valves and larger 2 valve's etc. Hope this helps.
gtmotor

Post by gtmotor »

I'll pay to have mine dyno'd... but I don't know of any scooter dynos around here.

I wouldn't guess much more than 12-13 hp at the wheel for a Blur 220i. It's faster than most scooters but I ride around with the throttle pinned almost everywhere and it's just enough to keep up with fast(er) moving traffic in the city.

It's pretty quick off the line but doesn't get any better on the top end. The Blur really excels in it's mid-range punch 8)