4t Fuel efficiency

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pesce

4t Fuel efficiency

Post by pesce »

some quick stats...
  • 1.25 gallons per 100 miles
    79.94 miles per gallon
    Average cost per mile = $0.05
    Average miles per $1.00 = 18.71
I have 350 miles on her, still breaking her in
I am 185 lbs and 5'7"
I live in a fairly flat area, no real hills to speak of.
I may be slightly aggressive while driving.
My average speed is about 40-50 mph.
ko57

$T fuel efficiency

Post by ko57 »

Hi,

Can you tell me-what is the fuel capacity for the tank on the 4T? I started a new job and the commute is 35mi one way. Regular gas (s/e LA) is $3.549-$3.749 app/gal, not as high as elsewhere in the country but even if gas goes back down, the commute has me thinking about a scoot.

I like the look of these, and the 140mpg-even if after break in if the mileage would average 115mpg+ that is better than 27mpg of my car right now. I just had the fuel filter & pcv valve chainged, air filter is clean. that brings me to right at $132 for gas/month, as the work schedule is 7/7-7days on, 7 days off.

I'm sure you are enjoying your Stella. Also, have you gone at least 55-60 mph just to see if it goes that fast? In certain areas some of the posted speeds are 65mph and 55mph, but elsewhere 45mph and 50 mph, or slower. For the 65mph area I can take an alternate 45mph route.

Thank you,

KO
thatisnotafrog

Post by thatisnotafrog »

It will indeed go 50 no problem. I owned a 2T Stella a few years ago and they both seem to go about the same top speed of around 60 (haven't gone flat-out for very long on the 4T yet as I am still breaking it in) but it is a MUCH smoother ride. On the 2T, cruising at 50mph would vibrate your butt numb after a little while, and you sure knew you were going 50. On the 4t, I cruising at 45-50 feels like you are going 35.

I am getting around 100mpg, possibly a little more. Lots of hills in my area and I bet if I stopped driving it in such a fun manner I would get more like 120.
Redcatjack

Post by Redcatjack »

Doing a little better than pesce but not as good as thatisnotafrog. Two fill-ups and averaging 90 mpg. Am not that aggressive during break-in, but have been WOT for short stretches during the commute on an expressway here that's 55MPH limit.
Mscountfosco

Amazing!!

Post by Mscountfosco »

Wow, I cannot even imagine getting this kind of MPG! I am the current driver of an '02 Lexus SUV & even with me forcing myself to drive like my gas pedal is made of porcelain, only get a whopping 17 MPG. I cannot wait to get my Stella...
thatisnotafrog

Post by thatisnotafrog »

The Stella is my gas sipper. When I want to drive something a little more thirsty (or something with a roof) I go for my 1979 VW rabbit diesel- it only gets 45mpg. :-)
Mscountfosco

Post by Mscountfosco »

Awwww, the VW reference makes me feel weepy. I learned to drive a manual in a friend's Rabbit- what a fun ride. I come from a long line of VW enthusiasts though- my Grandfather bought his 1960 Black-on-white Beetle, right off the assembly line in Germany. I love the photos of him smiling on the day his Bug arrived by Ship. I hope someone is there to snap some of my huge smile when I finally get my scoot!
thatisnotafrog

Post by thatisnotafrog »

You are gonna love it! It will put a smile on your face to ride it, and an equally big smile on your face when you slap down four singles on the counter and say "fill 'er up on #3".
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Mscountfosco wrote:Awwww, the VW reference makes me feel weepy.
Try out a new VW TDI Golf. VW can still make you weepy AND give you gas mileage that is second only to your scooter.
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

My Stella 4T spills more gas out of the 'vent' line than it uses in the motor...

:P