Buying a scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

winklerj

Buying a scooter

Post by winklerj »

So I need a vehicle to drive to college and work and I figured a scooter would be a great choice. I live in a sorta small town so college is only like 8 miles away and work is 2 miles away. My only problem is that I was discharged from the Air Force for medical reasons while in basic training, and just started a new job about 6 weeks ago. I am wondering if you guys think there is anyway to get financed with only having a job for a short amount of time. I do have decent credit btw.
Thanks for any input
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

As far as the financing is concerned, you won't know until ya try. My guess is that you could get financing, you would just have a higher interest rate. It does sound like a scooter would be the perfect vehicle for you with those short commutes.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
winklerj

Post by winklerj »

thanks for the quick reply, i guess it wont hurt to give it a shot huh
Plisar

Post by Plisar »

Well your credit will take a minor ding when you search for new financing, but nothing to be worried about.
Iwunder01

Post by Iwunder01 »

Have you thought about buying something used? You might find a better deal. Just a thought.

Here is Scooter finder for those that are used.

http://www.scooterfinds.com/

Good luck however you go.

Welcome to the scooter world.
Scoot On!!

Itashka
winklerj

Post by winklerj »

thanks for the link, i checked it out, but the reason i would like financing is because i would like to get it very soon :D
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Not sure where you are banking, but I found that a good credit union works for me. Also some dealers maybe able to help you too.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
winklerj

Post by winklerj »

just got off the phone with the Finance guy at the dealership, he didn't sound like I would have much trouble getting financed but we'll see in a little bit or tomorrow. I am gonna be anxious all night while at work now!