Impractical my ass...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Plisar

Impractical my ass...

Post by Plisar »

30 lbs worth of cat stuff easily brought home! Love my Scoot.
pairofscoots

Post by pairofscoots »

how big is your cat? :lol:
TVB

Post by TVB »

I still think that owning cat is impractical. :)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I think your response is impractical. :D
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Absol-tively

Cats however, are not my most favorite people.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

:?: (confuzzled, as usual )... hmmm, didn't know scooters used kittie litter.Mine doesn't make any kind of mess. Are you sure it does not need good carb cleaning with Seafoam?
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i likes kitty's :)
Riding is riding
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

Kittehs are the BEST.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Proof positive that the Asian approach to loading cargo works: enough cargo straps and bungee nets can hold anything on the back of a two wheeler.
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

And can you carry a big tub of cat litter on a Harley? Noooo!!! Scooters 1, Harleys 0.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

GrittyTacoman wrote:And can you carry a big tub of cat litter on a Harley? Noooo!!! Scooters 1, Harleys 0.
I'm pretty sure you could strap a big tub of kitty litter to the back of a harley just like you can with a scooter so long as it doesn't have a solo seat. Hell if it had a passenger back rest then it'd be easy. The difference is that most Harley riders are way to kool to be seen driving around with cargo strapped to the back of thier bikes, plus then everyone would know they have a cat. All the Harely guys I've known are dog people :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
GrittyTacoman wrote:And can you carry a big tub of cat litter on a Harley? Noooo!!! Scooters 1, Harleys 0.
I'm pretty sure you could strap a big tub of kitty litter to the back of a harley just like you can with a scooter so long as it doesn't have a solo seat. Hell if it had a passenger back rest then it'd be easy. The difference is that most Harley riders are way to kool to be seen driving around with cargo strapped to the back of thier bikes, plus then everyone would know they have a cat. All the Harely guys I've known are dog people :lol:
Saw a guy this week on a Road King, fully decked out. Had two little pocket dogs (think Paris Hilton) dressed in leathers and Doggles riding with. Insane.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

our local leader of SOB motorcycle club (Semites on Bikes) has a cat. He actually posed naked on his Harley with his cat strategically covering his privates for local animal shelter charity calendar :twisted:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
jasondavis48108

jprestonian wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:
Saw a guy this week on a Road King, fully decked out. Had two little pocket dogs (think Paris Hilton) dressed in leathers and Doggles riding with. Insane.
That is hilarious :lol: where where the dogs? did he have a side car or were they riding on the bike with him?
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
jasondavis48108

Stormswift wrote:our local leader of SOB motorcycle club (Semites on Bikes) has a cat. He actually posed naked on his Harley with his cat strategically covering his privates for local animal shelter charity calendar :twisted:
My cat has an evil streak so I don't think I'd want him that close to my naked tender bits :shock:
easy

Post by easy »

that would look like he would be doing what i've been accused of a couple of times .
what did you trade the day for?
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

where where the dogs? did he have a side car or were they riding on the bike with him?

One was on the tank bag, the other on the rear bag. The rear bag one was leashed to something on the side of the bike...!
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Stormswift wrote:our local leader of SOB motorcycle club (Semites on Bikes) has a cat. He actually posed naked on his Harley with his cat strategically covering his privates for local animal shelter charity calendar :twisted:
That has damaged me for life :cry:
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

My Dad takes his min-pin on his harley all the time, he has a milkcrate that he straps to the seat and a small leash he attaches the dog to.
That dog loves to go for motorcycle rides, he knows the sound of the motorcycle keys when my dad jingles them, he comes running.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
jasondavis48108

jprestonian wrote:where where the dogs? did he have a side car or were they riding on the bike with him?

One was on the tank bag, the other on the rear bag. The rear bag one was leashed to something on the side of the bike...!
yikes! doesn't sound necessarily safe for the dogs.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Wheelz wrote:My Dad takes his min-pin on his harley all the time, he has a milkcrate that he straps to the seat and a small leash he attaches the dog to.
That dog loves to go for motorcycle rides, he knows the sound of the motorcycle keys when my dad jingles them, he comes running.
cool cool cool
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

jprestonian wrote:Kittehs are the BEST.
I second that...

Image Image
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

jasondavis48108 wrote:yikes! doesn't sound necessarily safe for the dogs.
Right -- agreed. Would never do it, myself.

There's a guy that lives just outside Nashville. Google Bill Meek and Sandy The Dog. He's got a Burgman, and he's taught Sandy to ride pillion. He brings her to Nashville allatime on the interstate.
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

This thread has been hijacked by an obviously popular topic: pets + scoots!

Is there a thread on this, or do we need to start one? :roll:
Image Image
rv-rick

Post by rv-rick »

Cats don't have owners.
They have staff.
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

babblefish wrote:I think your response is impractical. :D
Yes that is true the little furry manipulators own you in about 5 minutes! And I carry a huge amount of stuff on the scoot every time I come back from the pet shop. R
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Hehehe, i work for the manufacturer of one of the products on that rear rack, and a bunch of us were working this weekend and enjoyed the photo.

Three of us who ride, even more so.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

DirtyRAT wrote:
jprestonian wrote:Kittehs are the BEST.
I second that...

Wow! I knew cats had good balance, but I didn't know they could balance on their tail and hold another cat at the same time!
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

My guys. Curly (the fat tabby) and LarryElvis (the Siamese).

ImageImage
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

jprestonian wrote:There's a guy that lives just outside Nashville. Google Bill Meek and Sandy The Dog. He's got a Burgman, and he's taught Sandy to ride pillion. He brings her to Nashville allatime on the interstate.
Thanks for suggesting that. His dog Sandy is awesome, very well behaved. I don't know how safe I'd feel with her on the back though, especially at high speeds, if I had to stop short or swerve fast. Not trying to preach, but I'd build a small carrier for Sandy to strap in over the back of the seat. A little something something to make it less encouraging to slip off. Awesome dog!
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

jprestonian wrote:My guys. Curly (the fat tabby) and LarryElvis (the Siamese).

ImageImage
Nice family :)
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Scooter kitty.
ModBud #442
Souless_Lemming

Post by Souless_Lemming »

There used to be a local guy here who had a bulldog that would cruise around on the back of his harley wearing goggles it was adorable and scary at the same time.