Help with My BLUR 220 windshield.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SevenhertZ

Help with My BLUR 220 windshield.

Post by SevenhertZ »

Hey guys. So I got my BLUR and lets just saw I have taken the long way home every where I go. It is soooooooo much fun. I was at the house cleaning the bike and removing some unwanted factory adds and I did the unthinkable. I was wipping my scoot with a rag with goo gone trying to get a little sticky residue off from a sticker. I say a mark on the little windshield so i went for it and BOOM windshield is scratched. AHHHHHHH. I'm so sad I could cry. :cry: I already tried to use windex and to no avail. It looks cloudy and you can see the streaks on it. IS THERE ANY PRODUCT I CAN USE TO GET RID OF THIS........ANY SUGGESTIONS. I was thinking about maybe just painting it the shinny black to match the front of the bike. Please let me know. I think i just crowned myself an official N U B.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Probably more work that it's worth, but perhaps those kits they sell to restore cloudy headlight lenses? Might depend upon the type of plastic too.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Charlie's got the right idea - but be careful - some of those kits are made for glass lenses instead of plastic.

If the scratch isn't too deep, you can often polish out the scratch. Your shield is made of either Lexan or Polycarbonate, so I would make sure to get a polishing compound that is formulated for those. Make sure of the right product.

There is a really, really good spray polish for light aircraft applications that you might try. I cannot remember the name of it but they carry it at Sporty's pilot shop.
SevenhertZ

Post by SevenhertZ »

killbilly wrote:Charlie's got the right idea - but be careful - some of those kits are made for glass lenses instead of plastic.

If the scratch isn't too deep, you can often polish out the scratch. Your shield is made of either Lexan or Polycarbonate, so I would make sure to get a polishing compound that is formulated for those. Make sure of the right product.

There is a really, really good spray polish for light aircraft applications that you might try. I cannot remember the name of it but they carry it at Sporty's pilot shop.
how about "novus" is that it? http://www.sdplastics.com/novus.html
bosco
Dealer

Post by bosco »

We have used a plastic polish and a small soft rotating pad at the end of an air tool with some success to take out scratches

It does depend on the plastic, and how deep the scratches.

try a microfiber cloth with a little -really mild- polishing compound.

Cleaning should only be done with a soft cotton or microfiber cloth and mild soap and water. OR Plexus.

All the bikes in the shop get the plexus treatment.
SevenhertZ

Mothers Headlight polisher

Post by SevenhertZ »

I ended up just buying a headlight cleaner from auto zone for $20. WORKED GREAT. Looks like nothing ever happened. Thanks for all the advice.