STOLEN SCOOTER--RICHMOND, VA

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Alix B

STOLEN SCOOTER--RICHMOND, VA

Post by Alix B »

Hey all, P.E.A.C.E. Scooter was stolen last night between 230am and 10am. If you can help spread the word in any way, to get more eyeballs out there, I most appreciate it. I am beside myself with grief right now. Very pissed that I didn't have my lock on it--I am house-sitting and forgot to bring the lock over here, thought it would be fine--because let's face it--my scooter is beat up and pretty identifiable. Again appreciate help spreading the word and i just want it back no questions asked. I have called it in to the police.
Attachments
peacescooter.jpg
peacescooter.jpg (66.52 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

OMG no!!! Not the Peace Scooter! Alix I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Any other scoter can be replaced. But the Peace Scoter... OMG. I can't imagine. I will be hoping for the best possible outcome. My heart goes out to you.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Thank you for the sentiment. If the scooter just wound up where it was last night when I went to sleep, I would be okay with it--no questions asked. Not ready to part with that thing yet. I have faith this will work out. Thanks again.
Syd

Post by Syd »

That sucks. Did you post it to scoot.net, and CL, and the local dealer too?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

No good! Why would anyone steal a PEACE scooter? At least it's well marked and stands out. Hopefully something turns up in a few days. I'll check craigslist up this way, see if anything comes up.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Alix, if you will PM the police report number and the VIN to me, I'll go look where I found the stolen scoot last time, but (based on my experience from last time) I want to have the info for the police before I go. I can print the photo of your scoot and write the info on it. That should do it.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

That sucks Alix - we'll keep an eye out for it in Detroit.

Have you hit the local area to do a little checking? Can you organize a grid for Richmond peeps to fan out and eyeball back roads, etc.?

I hope that it's back soon, undamaged.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

that totally sucks :evil: Hope you get your ride back. I can't believe anyones dumb enough to steal a scooter that stands out so much. Hopefully they'll bring it back but if they don't I hope they are dumb enough to try to sell it to a MB member.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

NOOOOOOooooooooo!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I know it is a PEACE scooter, but I would like to open a can of whoop arse on who messed with it (ok, maybe not whoop a** just whatever it takes to make them respect someone elses scoot)
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

Very sorry for you, that scooter obviously had allot of your emotional time invested. A thief is a thief and a sickness. I hate to say that I have come across some of the most regular acting people that cant help covet their neighbors property. Its likely that whoever took it lives nearby and passes that home regularly. I would post photo fliers near by that home and at the high school with the heading LOST PET $100 REWARD! Just to get peoples attention.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Hey, the scooter was recovered. An anonymous call was made after the caller heard a rustling in the alleyway. They went down to check, saw the scooter, and called the police--allegedly.

The scooter was wedged back in a tiny, dark spot. Most likely they were going to come back to get it.

The carb is flooded and the windscreen is cracked, but otherwise looks okay. I will get it checked out.

I am very appreciative for the response spreading the word around my city. All in all it has been just 12 hours.

I literally felt as though a part of me was gone!

Still beyond belief that anyone would take that scooter.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good karma rules the day!!!! I am so happy for you Alix!!! Now please put that scooter in a museum of scooter history where it belongs! I couldn't bare it if anything bad ever happened to it!

Hooray for the good guys!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good karma rules the day!!!! I am so happy for you Alix!!! Now please put that scooter in a museum of scooter history where it belongs! I couldn't bare it if anything bad ever happened to it!

Hooray for the good guys!
that scooter doesn't belong in a museum (not yet anyway), it belongs under Alix and over the road :D So glad to hear you got your baby back.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

:D CONGRATS! Lesson learned right? Lock it!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Good news. Glad the P.E.A.C.E. scoot wasn't damaged any worse.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Very cool outcome! Sucks that it happened in the first place.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

BootScootin'FireFighter

Great news! The PEACE rides on.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That's awesome that you got it back! I don't think I've ever heard of a faster recovery, or less damage. I didn't even get a chance to hear that it was stolen before it was recovered. Very good indeed!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Excellent news and +1 for Karma!

What do you think - stealers remorse?
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
TVB

Post by TVB »

Looks like I missed the drama. Glad for the happy ending!
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Ditto! SO HAPPY you got it back! :D :D :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
CitizenX

Post by CitizenX »

My '09 Ruckus got jacked the Monday night. Custom very unique. Keep an eye out for it please. If you see it crush their skull and give me a call. 804.647.8271

...settle down there Frenchy
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

That sucks. What the hell is up with Richmond VA? Everybody jokes about it being a hotspots for scooter theft but dayum. CitizenX, hope you get your ride back.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Alix, so good to hear you got your scoot back! This scoot is an important part of Buddy history.
bigbropgo wrote:That sucks. What the hell is up with Richmond VA? Everybody jokes about it being a hotspots for scooter theft but dayum. CitizenX, hope you get your ride back.
It's not even a joke. Richmond, DC and Boston are the scooter theft capitols of the US!

Everyone should read Chelsea's (from Scoot Richmond) excellent thread on theft and prevention:
topic12044.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Congrats Alix!

Hopefully CitizenX will be as lucky. Not sure how the heck they would go about hiding it anyhow, as it is so unique looking...hopefully that will work in your favor.
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
BootScootin'FireFighter

sorry to see such a good looking ruckus violated. would be nice to see RPD set up a bait program. rig a few nice looking scooters with the GPS tracker that Ed signed up for, leave them in hot spot areas, then wait a few hours.