mph speedo?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ggs34

mph speedo?

Post by ggs34 »

i was reading the justgaoota scoot review of the blur and they say the speedometer is way off? does any one know did genuine fixed this problem?
chillas61210

speedo

Post by chillas61210 »

I just got a 2011 blur 220i, I have found it is about 5 to 7 mph off when I am going about 30 on the speedo it going about 25 I haven't tried it going any faster I just know that reading from passing a speed sign that radar's you when you go by. It seems all motorcycles and scooters are off by some.
Lindsay
ggs34

Post by ggs34 »

here is the quote from just gotta scoot "The odometer was equally inaccurate. When cruising around town at an indicated 35 MPH, I was actually going 30 MPH. On the highway at an indicated 65 MPH I was really going 56 MPH. The fastest I got the Blur to was 69 MPH which was an indicated 80 MPH. "
ggs34

Post by ggs34 »

so does it only really go 69mph that seems slow my vespa gt with a carb goes 75 (as read on the speedo)
BlueMark

Re: mph speedo?

Post by BlueMark »

ggs34 wrote:i was reading the justgaoota scoot review of the blur and they say the speedometer is way off? does any one know did genuine fixed this problem?
It's not a problem ... it's "a feature".

Seriously, the optimistic speedo is endemic on Asian (all?) bikes, and there is widespread speculation that it is a deliberate 'safety' feature, intended to slow riders down (and makes it appear that bikes are faster).

More likely they are optimistic because there are legal problems with a speedo that reads too low, but not one that reads too high.
blurblaine

Re: mph speedo?

Post by blurblaine »

BlueMark wrote:
ggs34 wrote:
Seriously, the optimistic speedo is endemic on Asian (all?) bikes, and there is widespread speculation that it is a deliberate 'safety' feature, intended to slow riders down (and makes it appear that bikes are faster).

More likely they are optimistic because there are legal problems with a speedo that reads too low, but not one that reads too high.

~~~~~~~~

It is a feature 'by design'. The odo = BDUs = Blur Distance Units. 'real' speed and odo are wrong, but there is no fix.

Just drive faster!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
chub1965

I just got a 2011 blur 220i, I have found it is about 5 to 7

Post by chub1965 »

also have a new 220 with 300 miles on it.at 57 mph indicated radar indicated 54,pretty close.