blur 220 drive belt

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lancerman

blur 220 drive belt

Post by lancerman »

anyone happen to have a spare new belt? just bought scooter this weekend. belt broke on way home. no one seems to have one in stock...

:cry:
lancerman

Post by lancerman »

got it running today on a 5$ belt. gates part number bx-30. the belt is too small and I new that going in. the factory belt is 33.8 in (860mm) by .80 (20.3mm) the bx-30 is 33 in long and 21/32 width. rpm goes up higher before it catches. and it vibrates too much to go past 50mph. but the bike is very drivable. run hard and felt belt. not hot at all. but far from proper. Found another belt that is 2mm thicker but same length 860mm as stock.. comet 203785.
got one of those on the way. the front pulley can simply be spaced 2mm to make it work same. the rear will be like running slightly higher contra spring. and top end might take small hit if belt cant drop in pulley as far as it used to. I will be the guinea pig. My gut feeling tells me it will work better than factory belt at 100$ cheaper.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Not to be that guy, but over on the Reflex Yahoo list they absolutely freak out when someone tries to use a non-OEM belt, usually a Gates (they have one that is near spec - lots of them on Ebay for the Reflex). Listers have examples of breakage at extremely low miles and in at least one case, the rear wheel locked up as the belt shredded, luckily at a low speed.

I'm just saying be careful and have an exit strategy if you start feeling something going wrong. I'd venture to say that a non-OEM belt is a short term strategy at best.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I would contact Genuine directly. They should be able to get you in contact with someone who can help. You could try my local dealer: Twistnscoot.com

They have a pretty big Genuine inventory and I bet they have a belt.
lancerman

Post by lancerman »

the comet belt came in. spaced the front pulley 2mm and popped it on. this belt works great. bike now drives like it should. vibration gone at speed. finally got the full effect of this bike. powerful, fun scooter for sure. gonna leave cover off for a bit to closely monitor belt condition. its beefier than stock and has kevlar so I am not too worried about it breaking.