some blur questions

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bs318is11

some blur questions

Post by bs318is11 »

Ok i am ready for my second oil change and want to do it myself. I change the oil on all my vehicles. I cant seem to locate the drain plug for the engine oil. Also where is the drain plug for the transmission? Does anyone use ATF fluid or just 80w-90 gear oil? If anyone can offer up some advice i would greatly appreciate it.

On another note, i checked my odometer against a Yamaha v-star with trip odometer. I found that a BDU came out to .6 miles exactly. Does anyone know the cause for of it being so distorted?

Well even though the Blurs seat is a real pain in the you know what, i am glad i bought a Blur. I have loved all 1800 BDU's i have put on so far and i am looking forward to thousands more. I routinely ride with a 1100 cc V-star and have no problem keeping up. Every time i ride with someone they cant believe how well the little 150 goes. The handling is absolutely amazing on these machines and it always brings a smile to my face. Even when the center spring growns under low throttle input. Well i am sure i have bored you to death so be safe and happy riding!!!
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

The engine oil plug is the large nut on the right side on the edge of the bottom - find the dipstick and go south. Don't worry about finding the specified 15W40 oil, you can use automotive 5W40 for this change - later you can switch to a good synthetic. More info here. refill with 900cc, or do as I do, put in 800cc, run the engine, check the dipstick and add as necessary.

The gear oil plug is a small nut on the rear bottom of the CVT. You shouldn't have to change it as often as the engine oil, but it doesn't use much so why not. It is NOT transmission oil - the CVT is dry, it is lube for the rear axle - use the proper weight gear oil. Use only 90cc, or precisely measure and replace what you drain out. If you overfill the gear oil you will have a mess later on.

BDU's are probably Kilometers, more or less, which are about 0.62 miles.

-Mark
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: some blur questions

Post by illnoise »

bs318is11 wrote:I checked my odometer against a Yamaha v-star with trip odometer. I found that a BDU came out to .6 miles exactly. Does anyone know the cause for of it being so distorted?
If yours is .6, then at least it's close to KM, which is an actual unit of measurement. I've GPS'ed mine and it seems closer to .5 miles, so i just look at my speedo and half it for miles.
bs318is11 wrote:Well even though the Blurs seat is a real pain in the you know what, i am glad i bought a Blur.
other than "The Lump(TM)" being pointless and too far forward, it's one of the more comfortable scooter seats I've sat on. Which isn't saying much.
bs318is11 wrote:I have loved all 1800 BDU's i have put on so far and i am looking forward to thousands more.!
I thought the second oil change was 2500km, so if you're at 1800 BDUs, you've got a way to go, right? I'm at about 2200 now and it seems like it runs a little better/faster/smoother every time I ride it, so I'm nervous about messing with it, heh.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
itcardoc

gear oil

Post by itcardoc »

I believe 85w140 is specified for the gear case. You can get several good synthetics from Pep-Boys. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!