Stolen Genuine Buddy, light blue, $100 reward

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fiddlefan

Stolen Genuine Buddy, light blue, $100 reward

Post by fiddlefan »

Was stolen in Durham, NC. Here's the link to the Craigslist ad in Raleigh that gives all the details...

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2501894439.html

Thanks for your help!
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Man that sucks. Good luck to you. I doubt it will make it down to Charlotte but Ill keep my eye out. When/if you get it back, replace the Duke sticker with a Tarheel one. :wink:
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Just saw this on scooteralert.com.

Have you also posted to the scoot.net stolen scooter registry?

Sorry to hear about it. Hope you get it back!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

Raiderfn31 wrote:Man that sucks. Good luck to you. I doubt it will make it down to Charlotte but Ill keep my eye out. When/if you get it back, replace the Duke sticker with a Tarheel one. :wink:
Yeah, a Tarheel fan probably stole it...just kiddin'. :P You say it won't make it to Charlotte, but I doubt it'll stay in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area either. Should've put a rattlesnake in the under-seat storage compartment, right?
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

ericalm wrote:Just saw this on scooteralert.com.

Have you also posted to the scoot.net stolen scooter registry?

Sorry to hear about it. Hope you get it back!
It's posted in a lot of places, including scoot.net.

Thanks!
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

Not sure if posting your stolen ad on CL is a good idea.

There is always a chance it could turn up for sale there.
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

Ray Knobs wrote:Not sure if posting your stolen ad on CL is a good idea.

There is always a chance it could turn up for sale there.
Well, in a moment of panic and utter disgust, I figured CL was a good place to get the word out. It's also posted a lot of other places too. I doubt it would show-up on CL anyway...too risky for the thieves. I'm lookin' for all Genuine Buddy 50's for sale, wherever, especially one that's been repainted.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

fiddlefan wrote:
Raiderfn31 wrote:Man that sucks. Good luck to you. I doubt it will make it down to Charlotte but Ill keep my eye out. When/if you get it back, replace the Duke sticker with a Tarheel one. :wink:
Yeah, a Tarheel fan probably stole it...just kiddin'. :P You say it won't make it to Charlotte, but I doubt it'll stay in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area either. Should've put a rattlesnake in the under-seat storage compartment, right?
Durham isnt exactly crime-free I hear. Black tar heroin is a big problem Ive read, as well as in Charlotte. A good heroin habit would be more than enough motivation to take a scoot. Keep us posted.
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Meresankh

Post by Meresankh »

Man, I'm sorry ro read this. Sounds like you're doing everything that can be done. I hope you get your scoot back!
Nevada Scooter Brigade on Meetup.com
2008 Honda Metropolitan 50cc - Cleo
2007 Genuine Buddy 125 - Nepthys

Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I'd wait a little and post a WTB ad for 50cc scooter with different phone number then you posted before. Maybe theyll 'wait until they feel the heat if off then repaint and try to sell as a 50cc bike
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur