Blur Tank Bag?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Schomer

Blur Tank Bag?

Post by Schomer »

Anyone know of a tank bag type setup that works on the Blur? I wish I had the ability to store things while I'm riding... Other scooters, without the gas tank in the middle, commonly have a hook for groceries, backpack, etc.

I'd love to hear if anyone has come up with something that makes this space usable on a Blur...

Thanks,
Schomer
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Well, the pet carrier is already pretty cavernous on the Blur. I have personally gotten a six pack of beer and two plastic grocery sacks inside the thing without any trouble. The only downside is heat - if you've got something you want to keep cold/cool and you have a ways to travel, it may heat up to an unacceptable temp.

People have installed trunks on their Blurs as well.

You could, potentially, install a couple of hooks in the upper part of the fairing and sling a tankbag vertically - I've thought about doing that, but it's an impractical use of a tankbag, in my opinion.

You could also use saddlebags - Nelson-Rigg makes a nice universal setup. So does Cortech.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

An old thread on the matter:

viewtopic.php?t=1076
The Givi T435 is about as perfect a fit as one could hope for (I love mine), but it looks like they may be hard to find these days.

This bag was also suggested:
http://www.maxiscooterstuff.com/info.html
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Here's my write up on accessorizing the Blur including the Rapid Transit 11 Bag, which is perfect.

http://www.examiner.com/scooter-in-detr ... nuine-blur

I also added a $26 eBay top case, which later fell off (twice) due to metal fatigue of the 10 cent latch, but will now most likely never fall off again (bolted with four stainless steel bolts!)
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Wow. Those are really great solutions. I am quite impressed.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I was gonna suggest a Nelson Riggs tail pack, but that rapid transit bag works well
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I don't think that this is cheaper than when I bought it last year, but I noticed that they still have them in stock and they are still on "closeout" for $37. Now is the time to buy one if you are considering it:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/clo ... k_bag.html
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
BlueMark

Re: Blur Tank Bag?

Post by BlueMark »

Schomer wrote:Anyone know of a tank bag type setup that works on the Blur? I wish I had the ability to store things while I'm riding... Other scooters, without the gas tank in the middle, commonly have a hook for groceries, backpack, etc.

I'd love to hear if anyone has come up with something that makes this space usable on a Blur...

Thanks,
Schomer
The Blur can carry of ton of groceries ... OK, maybe just 20 lbs.

Besides the obvious - the large-ish pet carrier, and installing a rear rack to carry a case/or bungie strap a milk crate in back, the use of a tank bag over the gas tank has been discussed. Combine all of those and you have a LOT grocery carrying capacity.

As for the "missing bag hooks". You have 2 of them on the Blur. They are the helmet pegs under the seat, which work perfectly to hang plastic grocery bags (or your good reusable bags, but you may want to knot the straps to shorten the hang). The bags will hang off from the front of the seat to either side and be just behind your knees and below your thighs as you ride.