Happy New Year from Philip McCaleb/Genuine Scooter Company

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bigdad381

Post by bigdad381 »

Happy New Year to everyone at Modern Buddy! With gratitude and humility I extend my heartfelt THANKS to all who participate (and facilitate) the best scooter forum in the world.
2011 was a year of many changes at GSC. We are a better company than we were last year..we've made improvements in our QC, our parts and warranty support staff, and our financial house which is now is tidy and well organized after two very challenging years in a row! Thank you all for your continued loyalty.
Genuine has some great plans for the coming year; "sponsored" Genuine rides in many cities across the USA, a Lake Geneva, Wisconsin rally in June that promises to be great fun right in our "backyard", a Genuine world kindness tour with Kemy Joseph from UR Awesome, and a number of joint branding efforts with some well known American companies.
Although GSC maintains a strict "no post" policy on Modern Buddy, we ALL read it regularly. I know many of you personally and have "pm'd" you in the past and will continue to do so in the coming year. Product changes and improvements can, in many instances, be traced back to great suggestions from the forum. IF you have a comment or criticism, feel free to contact us after you've tried to correct the situation with your dealer. We're working hard to improve our dealer training programs so they can be READY to handle anything that comes their way!
Kemy Joseph, a remarkable young man..will be embarking this week on a year long "Genuine Kindness Tour"..on a Buddy 150 scooter. Kemy will be spreading his message of love and self-acceptance throughout the USA. You'll be able to follow his travels on genuinescooters.com and on urawesome.org. It will take us a week or so to get caught up on our website, so please be patient.
Kemy Will be needing places to stay all over the US so I am officially appealing to any of you along the route that have a couch or an extra bedroom! He is traveling via "inspiration transportation" that you can all relate to so pitch in or come out and join up with him when he's close to you.
I thank you all for being such great people, and also send a special shout out to Eric, our moderator, for keeping it all balanced, informative, and kind. Without his passion, ModernBuddy would not be what it is today.
Support your local Genuine Dealer, keep your thumbs up and your grins and helmets on. All of us at Genuine Scooter Company wish you a happy 2012. May it be a year filled with blessings and kindness.

warm regards,
Philip McCaleb/Genuine Scooter Company

ps...we're working on a couple GREAT new
scooters to add to our lineup, STAY tuned!

:D
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

Very cool, Happy New Years to you and everybody else up there :)
jprestonian

Re: Happy New Year from Philip McCaleb/Genuine Scooter Compa

Post by jprestonian »

bigdad381 wrote:Kemy Will be needing places to stay all over the US so I am officially appealing to any of you along the route that have a couch or an extra bedroom! He is traveling via "inspiration transportation" that you can all relate to so pitch in or come out and join up with him when he's close to you.
Try as I might, I could not find a route for Kemy's trip. If anyone finds it, please post here!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Thanks, Philip!

Always look forward to the annual missive to the forum here. It means a lot to us to know you guys read the forum, listen to owners and are engaged with the community.

I'm also very grateful for the MB community. Looking forward to having an LA Genuine ride and Lake Geneva. Come one, come all!
jprestonian wrote:
bigdad381 wrote:Kemy Will be needing places to stay all over the US so I am officially appealing to any of you along the route that have a couch or an extra bedroom! He is traveling via "inspiration transportation" that you can all relate to so pitch in or come out and join up with him when he's close to you.
Try as I might, I could not find a route for Kemy's trip. If anyone finds it, please post here!
He's posted here: viewtopic.php?t=20542
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Thanks, Philip! Genuine rocks! Hope Genuine has an exciting and profitable new year.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

bigdad381 wrote:....
warm regards,

ps...we're working on a couple GREAT new scooters to add to our lineup, STAY tuned!

Oh, you just can't tease us like that!!!! :shock:
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

bigdad381 wrote: warm regards,

ps...we're working on a couple GREAT new
scooters to add to our lineup, STAY tuned!
GenuineCruiserGenuineCruiserGenuineCruiser?!?!?!?! *explodes*

bigdad381 wrote: Kemy Joseph, a remarkable young man..will be embarking this week on a year long "Genuine Kindness Tour"..on a Buddy 150 scooter. Kemy will be spreading his message of love and self-acceptance throughout the USA. You'll be able to follow his travels on genuinescooters.com and on urawesome.org. It will take us a week or so to get caught up on our website, so please be patient.
Kemy Will be needing places to stay all over the US so I am officially appealing to any of you along the route that have a couch or an extra bedroom! He is traveling via "inspiration transportation" that you can all relate to so pitch in or come out and join up with him when he's close to you.
I am excited and jealous- if it had indeed turned out that he got into grad school in California, and a cross country move was indeed necessary for us, Lokky and I had secretly planned to appeal for Genuine's sponsorship, along with pitching the idea for an ad campaign borne from the trip (I had even written a draft of the pitch and everything :P )

Kemy is of course welcome on my/Lokky's couch, so long as he has no cat allergies, if and when he passes through the Richmond area, and I can extend a welcome to him on behalf of the Seven Hills Scooter Club. I've been meaning to pm him about something I figured out about storage... now it seems I owe him a congrats and bon voyage as well!

Because I'm a fan of it... is there/will there be a Facebook page for the URAwesome tour, where Kemy's travels are updated?

This is why I am so glad and proud I purchased a Genuine Scooter... Phil, you're fantastic. Genuine is an amazing company, and it does inspiring, fun things. It makes me proud to say I own your product. I hope one of your "sponsored" rides comes to Richmond, Va Beach, or DC, so that I can meet you. (and I hope by that time we have those "Hello my username is" patches... where did AWinn go?)
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Wonderful news all around! Looking forward to the Lake Geneva rally and anything else that comes my way! 8)
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Thanks for the awesome scooters and running such a great company. I bought my St. Tropez because of the great warranty and roadside assist. I will stay with Genuine for that fact AND the fact that my Buddy is a bulletproof machine. I look forward to ANY addition to the line-up!
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
theflash784

Post by theflash784 »

Happy New Year to you! I love my Buddy 125 and would go for a new 170 if I ever get around to upgrading. Looking forward to seeing the new models.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Thank for the update. Thanks for running a good business!

...And NICE tease at the end :)

Going to TRY to make the rally!, and let me go check this guys route!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Phil you're the superstar that has made all our lives better for making your dreams real: great scooters that are affordable and reliable and fun!

I'm glad to hear all is well in Chicago.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Tocsik wrote:
bigdad381 wrote:....
warm regards,

ps...we're working on a couple GREAT new scooters to add to our lineup, STAY tuned!

Oh, you just can't tease us like that!!!! :shock:
My thoughts exactly. :D

To be honest, Genuine doesn't have anything that quite hits the sweet spot for me yet but I do like what I hear and see about the company generally.

I hope that rumored touring scoot will make an appearance. With my new long commute, I now have an application for something in that category.

I really think the Japanese are missing the boat not having something in the U. S. with a 200 to 300cc capacity at an economical price. If gas jumps this summer as predicted (Iranian instability & all), this might actually be a good time.

My only other wish would be for a Genuine dealer in this area again.

:cry:

Here's wishing for a prosperous year for Phillip & Co.!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

hi phil happy new year :)

ok time to fess up phil. the idea for the "PsychoBuddy" came from a convo me and user stormswift had on these forums some time ago about the zombie apocalypse arriving, painting our scoots matte black, strapping sawed off shotguns 'round our backs, and riding into the sunset kicking ass and taking names

you are welcome for that idea phil, and can send credit to myself and stormswift for one PsychoBuddy a piece to be picked up at our local dealer for our fine effort. its the least you can do! :p

LOL HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
Riding is riding
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Continued success to Genuine!

We've owned 6 (currently 3) Genuines: 3 Stellae, 2 Buddies and 1 Blur and love(d) every one.

(Looking toward to the new models too.)

See you at Lake Geneva!
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

JHScoot wrote:hi phil happy new year :)

ok time to fess up phil. the idea for the "PsychoBuddy" came from a convo me and user stormswift had on these forums some time ago about the zombie apocalypse arriving, painting our scoots matte black, strapping sawed off shotguns 'round our backs, and riding into the sunset kicking ass and taking names
For really? XDDDD

The love, I feel it

ROFLORFL

so much awesome
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Thanks for making such a rocksolid reliable machine available to me. You and the rest of Genuine staff have put together an incredible company that puts customers first, and I love talking about "the mothership". I'll proudly represent Genuine in April for the Cannonball 2012.

And like I mentioned on his previous post, Kemy is welcome to couch surf over my way, I'm a mere 5 miles south of the US Capitol.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

+1 on what bootscootin' said :)
Riding is riding