I hate you all ........(kidding)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Buddy_wannabe

I hate you all ........(kidding)

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

The top te resons I hate you all .... :o

10) I hate the sight developer for make such an easy / user friendly sight.

9) I hate all the good info that I find here.

8 ) I hate the dealer who was so friendly and forth coming with info.

7) I hate how friendly and helpful everyone is ... even to a scooterless newbie ... kind of like a internet famliy.

6) I hate Genuine for making such a cool looking little scooter.

5) I hate that the Buddy looks cooler in person then in the pics. (saw my 1st one yesrerday)

4) I hate that someone here told me to sit on one too see how it felt (It felt great :D )

3) I hate the passion that you people have for scootering ... not only for the Genuine brand but others as well ... not scooter brand snobs

2) I hate all of the above for making me go from kind of thinking thinking about maybe getting a scooter to REALLLLY wanting to get a scooter.

And the #1 reason for hating you all....... drum roll please ......

1) I hate the fact that most of you have aleast 1 scooter ...and I dont have one...... YET :x
Last edited by Buddy_wannabe on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DO3

Post by DO3 »

You're in southern MN huh? I know where a guy could find an almost new B125 for $2k, with a small windshield...Don't hate, join the club!
topic1689.html

Shameless plug for my classified ad, sorry couldn't resist.
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

Hope every one knows Im kidding about th "hate" thing....

thanx DO3 .... but Im looking at gettig a 50cc .... dont want to take the cycle test ... maybe at some time after getting and driving awhile I would want a bigger one
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Sounds like you've already made your choice. Congratulations--it looks like a Buddy 50 is in your future.
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

After seeing and sitting on the Buddy it is right on the top of my list .... still kicking around the idea of the TGB Sunset .... it has a somewhat retro look and is about $260 cheaper .... I like the looks of it also .... Buddy looks cooler .... kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place .... I have not heard anyone say anything bad about the TGB .... AAAAAAGGGGHHHH ...what to do????
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

Take the motorcycle written test...not that difficult...then go look at the Buddy 50cc and 125cc.

What you learn for the written/knowledge test will be helpful info even if you buy the Buddy 50cc.

http://www.dmv.org/dmv-practice-test.ph ... motorcycle

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/mmsc/latest/ ... d=5&mid=31

http://www.msf-usa.org/CourseReview/Questionframe.htm

If after two times you don't pass the written/knowledge test, then go for the Buddy 50cc. I'm confident that if you read & answer these questions and study the motorcycle manual, then keep answering these sample test questions until you get 100% then go to DMV and take the test you will pass. It does not cost anything to take the test once or twice. I freeze on tests so it was good for me to take it twice, the second time I knew what to expect and the test was much easier. There are four random tests they give so the questions are not all the same depending on the test you get. It is all computerized, touch screen test. I would only caution you that each question has a photo that sometimes can be misleading. Don't know the answer, by process of elimination you can pretty much figure out which one is the correct answer.

After you pass you will have a motorcycle permit valid for one year that will allow you to ride the Buddy 125cc and to practice riding on it till you are confident in your skills.

Challenge yourself...you can do it!
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I totally agree with EVERYTHING ryder1 said. I thought I wanted a 50cc, too. For real. But BOY HOWDY am I glad I got the 125!

And, really...don't hate us because we're beautiful! :shock:
ModBud #442