Hill on Wheels Rally

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Hill on Wheels Rally

Post by BuddyRaton »

Is anyone planning on attending? It looks like I may be between jobs so I am thinking of riding the Burgman from South Florida (I need a road trip bad!) Genuine is one of the sponsors... http://hillonwheels.chattablogs.com/index.html
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
dru_

Post by dru_ »

It appears that I will be there, though I may leave early on Sunday.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Well today is my last day at this job. I'll be taking some time off in between so it's a good time for a road trip! Leaving next Thursday morning. I'll be taking the Burgman. Red Executive with black windshield trim. Its just a little too long a trip for the Buddy! (~750 miles). I hope to meet some of you there!

NotDavid
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
dru_

Post by dru_ »

I'll already be there when you leave. I'm headed up Wed. night to spend Thurs and Friday morning at a customer's site. Staying over at the Choo Choo. I'll be on my cherry red BV500, with full cases and windscreen.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I haven't deceided on where to stay yet. Is Choo Choo a good place? Any suggestions on a good rout through Georgia? I perfer the back roads!
www.teamscootertrash.com

dru_

Post by dru_ »

BuddyRaton wrote:I haven't deceided on where to stay yet. Is Choo Choo a good place? Any suggestions on a good rout through Georgia? I perfer the back roads!

Well, I'm running up from Atlanta, and have elected to twist up through the mountains into Dalton and up old US 41.

http://tinyurl.com/22lnyl

The Choo Choo is a touch expensiive, but since I'm there on business, the company gets to pay for the first two nights, I get to pay the other two. I like it because it's right on Market Street so it's fairly central to everything going on, but it is an old Holiday Inn, so while it's nice by the standards it was built to, it's a little rough by todays standards.
louie

Post by louie »

i'm going with a group from birmingham. we're leaving friday morning around 8. you could crash in b'ham thursday night and ride up with us. we are spread out i think among comfort inn, motel 6 and the choo choo. this group always has a good time, as well as being protective and safe. PM me if you are interested. i'm not very familiar with chattanooga, so i'll take a map and kinda be a follower on this one.
NoogaScooter

Post by NoogaScooter »

Louie,

You ought to love Chattanooga. Of course I'm biased, since I've lived here for 20 years. BUT, the downtown is buzzing with excitement and many things to do. The riverfront has been totally revitalized and the city is nice and vibrant in the evening. Many folks walking about, free music, tons of night life. Not too far from downtown and you'll enjoy the fine folks at Scenic City Scooters.

Unfortunately, I've gotta boogie to Lebanon, TN to judge a pro BBQ competition or my wife and I would join everyone. Maybe next year.

Enjoy Chattanooga and let us know how it goes.

Later,
NS
dru_

Post by dru_ »

Well, I'm in Chatt for the rally :-) arrived this evening, after a hot but enjoyable ride. Yeah, I know, not on a Buddy. Short version, 103F, 137 miles, 3 hours 15 minutes.

For details:
http://www.twowheeljunction.com/blogs/d ... sound.html
NoogaScooter

Post by NoogaScooter »

Dru,

Nice choice on the laptop. My better half and I have a print shop/copy shop in Chattanooga and have had Mac's since 1984. Still have my 512KE in the basement, and it works. Glad you had a good ride to Chattanooga.

I was at SC Scooters today, having the Blur serviced for 500. I wish I'd be in town for the weekend, but previous commitments have me elsewhere. I'll make sure to make it next year. Looks like there's going to be a few good cold ones during the rally....

Have a great time in town. Try: Aretha Frankenstein's for breakfast (North Shore)....Lupi's Pizza for za.....too many bbq joints to recommend....just stay away from the chain restaurants...many more local haunts to enjoy.

Take care,
NS
louie

Post by louie »

dru_ wrote:Well, I'm in Chatt for the rally :-) arrived this evening, after a hot but enjoyable ride. Yeah, I know, not on a Buddy. Short version, 103F, 137 miles, 3 hours 15 minutes.

For details:
Say hi, when you see my orange buddy. what are you riding?
yeehaaaaa!
dru_

Post by dru_ »

louie wrote:
dru_ wrote:Well, I'm in Chatt for the rally :-) arrived this evening, after a hot but enjoyable ride. Yeah, I know, not on a Buddy. Short version, 103F, 137 miles, 3 hours 15 minutes.

For details:
Say hi, when you see my orange buddy. what are you riding?
yeehaaaaa!
Will do, I'll be the only person there on a Burgundy BV500 decked out with matching topcase, side cases and a medium windscreen, with matching helmet. I'll also by styling my ultra suave a debonair uber sexy TWJ t-shirt!

pjchmiel

Post by pjchmiel »

I'll be there on my brown "Ramblin' Man" Stella, looking really forward to it!
PJ
louie

Post by louie »

Great fun!!!
Guess who won furthest ridden and how much did the trophy weigh?
was it the same guy who won the raffled helmet and 3 or 4 other things (thanks for the PBR stuff and moon pies)?
i'm not jealous, really.
It was great to meet you Dru.
Hey Boca Buddy, very nice having almost brunch with you.
dru_

Post by dru_ »

PJ I never did catch you, but then again, with the number of Stellas out there this weekend, I shouldn't be surprised.

I certainly had a good time, though I left early Sunday to get home to the kids before the heat got too intense.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

louie wrote:Great fun!!!
Guess who won furthest ridden and how much did the trophy weigh?
was it the same guy who won the raffled helmet and 3 or 4 other things (thanks for the PBR stuff and moon pies)?
i'm not jealous, really.
It was great to meet you Dru.
Hey Boca Buddy, very nice having almost brunch with you.
Well I arrived home last night at about 6:30. What a great rally! I couldn't believe that this was only the second rally that Hill City United hosted. They did an outstanding job! Kudos to Scenic City Scooters They Rock!! Being from flatland South Florida the group ride through the mountains was unbelievable! I don't know the actual number but I would guerss that there were over 120 scoots on the ridse. Twisties, switchbacks, sweepers, views. I was somewhere in the middle of the pack. It was so cool on the hills to look ahead and see the long line of scoots and then check my mirrors for just as many behind! Well planed, great support and lots of fun!
It was great to meet louie and dru! Buddy heads of the world unite! I may have recruited a few new members to the forum!

Now for the stats!

The ride:
Total miles (drum roll please...) 1737.6 driveway to driveway!
Average temp about 97, 102 max

The loot:
Rally bag:
Rally Tshirt
Rally patch
2-blood drive scooter t-shirts (I have now learned never to pack a t-shirt for a rally!)
Scenic City Scooter key chain
1- Corazzo condom made in China (Do we need to worry about lead poisining? :P )
All Klear

Longest Ridden:
Very cool plaque: that thing weighs about 20 lbs! I'll post a pic later
Corazzo Shop Jacket. Unexpected and very cool prize!

I have never understood how rallies are hosted for such a cheap price. Registration was $25, the stuff in the rally bag was worth that much! I always buy some raffle tickets. I rarely win anything and pretty much consider it a donation to the rally. At registration they said they had some great prizes but didn't say what they were. I bought 25 tickest for $20. For someone that rarely wins ...I hit the jackpot!

Raffle Prizes:
Box of Moon Pies...YUM! (I shared!)
2- PBR Hats (I gave one to louie...she wanted it sooooo bad! gave the other one away too!)
2-PBR tshirt (Gave those away too...enjoy it louie! remember...never pack a tshirt!)
Stella tote bag
Very cool Genuine T-shirt
Corazzo t-shirt
Ogio Hat
Nice Samual Adams Stein
Fulmer helmet of my choice.

I was a bit overwhelmed, but it was fun to win all that and give some away!

Packing for the ride home was a challenge but mamaged. I need to order the helmet so I didn't need to pack it, but I would have found a way!

Enough for now, will post some pics soon!

Notdavid
www.teamscootertrash.com

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Here is the award!
www.teamscootertrash.com

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Started loading the photo galleries! Enjoy!
http://photo-raton.smugmug.com/
www.teamscootertrash.com

louie

Post by louie »

Very cool pics.