how to change headlight/remove casings and Hi

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

louie

how to change headlight/remove casings and Hi

Post by louie »

Hello Strangers!
It's been a long time since I've been here...but it feels familiar.
I have a question that I know has been answered dozens of times (though not oil related).
How do you get the casing/s off to change the headlight?
Anyone that can point me to a good explain would be contributing to a good cause.
Thanks, I'll come back to look around when I've got a sec.
Hi eric, poli et. al. a y'll,
louie
flatblackbuddy

Post by flatblackbuddy »

First, unscrew the chrome headlight ring. The screw is top center. Then carefully pry the ring off. There are four screws on the under side of the lower headset. Unscrew these. Then use a flat head screwdriver to release the clips holding the upper and lower headset plastics together. These are located on the front (headlight) side out toward the edges near the brake levers. After releasing, carefully pry the upper headset off front to back.

The headlight is retained via a screw on the bottom of the lower headset and two brass mounting pieces inside the headset assembly. Remove these, replace headlight, and put it all back together in reverse order. Voila!
Dress for the crash, not for the ride

Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Here ya go. topic4494.html

While you are at it, I highly recommend upgrading to the PIAA HS1 Super Plasma GT-X bulb. It's about the best mod you can make on a Buddy. The difference is like night and day (pun intended...)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |