[NSR] Onmyodo Shoes - End Of The World Sale!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

LunaP

[NSR] Onmyodo Shoes - End Of The World Sale!

Post by LunaP »

I'd like to tell everybody about this shoe company- Onmyodo Shoes is a small but great company that makes some FANTASTIC shoes.

They aren't for everybody- as you can tell they have a particular theme which may not be to everybody's taste. The shoes also use genuine leather and pigskin, so if that bothers you, I rescind my recommendation. What I can say is that they are STURDY, COMFORTABLE shoes.

Lokky has two pairs- he has super flat feet and previously had to buy shoes from specialty/athletics stores to get enough support. He loves his Onmyodos. We've met the designers in person, they are wonderful, nice people.

The whole first week of the new year, Onmyodo is having a HALF OFF SALE!!! Every shoe is half off the 1st through the 8th!! I'm ordering myself my first pair with Xmas money. I know that they don't give ankle support like a proper MC boot, but they seem tough enough that I'd at least expect the skin of my foot/ toes to be better protected by Onmyodos than my MOST of the shoes I own. :D

From what we know about the shoes Lokky ordered, they are fairly true to size... he had to go up half a size on this pair because he says his feet are wide and the style requires a few additional layers of material; this pair he wears his normal size.

Here is a link directly to the shop!

EDIT to add that if you don't want to take my word for it, or if you want to read up on a particular style, you can go to the style entry and click "read review" below the photo. You'll be taken to their Amazon shop, where you can view all the Amazon user reviews. :wink:
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

$17 for shipping.....no thanks.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

"The #1 Shoe Brand for the Anime Culture"
I was expecting cosplay footwear!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

ericalm wrote:"The #1 Shoe Brand for the Anime Culture"
I was expecting cosplay footwear!
Yeah... they stitch themselves into a particular 'scene', when honestly at least half of their shoes could pass for normal-looking footwear. That's their market though... they are at every large con I've ever been to. EDIT: Every large EAST COAST con I've ever been to- can't remember if they were at AX.

That being said, I've NEVER heard of anybody that didn't LOVE THE CRAP out of their Onmyodos. If I had more money I'd order a second pair for work shoes.

rsrider wrote:$17 for shipping.....no thanks.
:( That sucks, I'm sorry... we're ordering 3 pairs at the same time and it quoted us 15ish for UPS ground. I guess we must be much closer to them, although I'm not sure off the top of my head where they are based.
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

I bought solely (shoe pun, heh) on your recommendation, LunaP. I hope they're as good as you say... I really needed some shoes, and money is tighter than tight, but $52/shipping is about as good as it gets for anything of any quality, here.

I've never bought shoes without trying them on... fingers crossed!
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

jprestonian wrote:I bought solely (shoe pun, heh) on your recommendation, LunaP. I hope they're as good as you say... I really needed some shoes, and money is tighter than tight, but $52/shipping is about as good as it gets for anything of any quality, here.

Maybe they don't air the commercials in your area, but Zappos!

http://www.zappos.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zappos.com
Zappos’ primary selling base is shoes, which accounts for about 80% of its business.[31] There are currently about 50,000 varieties of shoes sold in the Zappos store, from brands like Nike, Ugg boots, and Steve Madden heels. They also serve the niche shoe markets, including narrow and wide widths, hard-to-find sizes, American-made shoes, and vegan shoes. I

They're owned by Amazon now. Free shipping / free returns. I know a lot of people that only buy their shoes from Zappos now. If it doesn't fit, no problem - send it back.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

jprestonian wrote:I bought solely (shoe pun, heh) on your recommendation, LunaP. I hope they're as good as you say... I really needed some shoes, and money is tighter than tight, but $52/shipping is about as good as it gets for anything of any quality, here.

Did you print out their sizing chart? I feel that it can be slightly different than other shoes.
I am absolutely in love with mine, never had a shoe that actually felt comfortable before!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I buy a lot of shoes online. Almost all of them. And there are many. I kind of have an addiction… :shock:

Anyways, I try to stick to brands I know but when I can't I try to order from somewhere with a good return policy.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

There's some punny business going on there :P

I have known personally a few people who own them, and met many more (since I frequent conventions). I wasn't kidding when I said I had never met anybody that didn't like them. 8)

You're right about shoe quality. I get away with cheap shoes for everyday use, but for work I have to have something more than decent. I was lucky and found a 50+ dollar pair of Reebok tennys, the kind with the thick, shaped tread made to help your feet out, at a TJMaxx for $25... I knew I should have bought two pairs, they are starting to wear out and I know I won't have such good luck finding replacements that are totally black. But that's one of the reasons I'm jumping at this sale, 30-some dollars off? Yes please.

That being said, I'm in the same boat, ordering mine without trying them on. I've worn Lokky's around the house for feel while he wasn't here (sorry honey, hope that's not weird... :lol: ), and I also have tried them on at the convention stand... but I tried on a style other than the one I'm ordering and can't remember what size I tried on anyway :fp:

The size chart Lokky mentioned works, but when you print it out, compare a standard ruler to it first to make sure it printed scaled correctly- ours didn't for some reason and if we hadn't noticed, we would have ordered me the wrong size, maybe. We couldn't figure out why it was printing weird from our browser so we just ordered me my normal size.

I know they will exchange for size within 30 days, assuming there's no wear on the shoes... but I'm sure you have to fork up shipping, though :? Here's to hoping our shoes first the first go 'round!
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

also remember that as they are leather they will break in, but you may need to put a bandaid on the back of your foot to prevent blisters at first :)