NSR: Ducati unveils new Superquadro engine. 195hp, 2 cyl

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

neotrotsky

NSR: Ducati unveils new Superquadro engine. 195hp, 2 cyl

Post by neotrotsky »

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/10/duca ... l-comments

195hp, over 90ft/lbs torque. Service intervals stretched to 15k miles along with an oversquare bore and stroke ratio of 1.84/1. And, they are using this in a monocoque chassis design! It's so in-your-face aggro that you have to love it.

Now, how to get that into a P-series....
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Keys

Post by Keys »

So?
"Life without music would Bb"
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

There was a time in the not too distant past, when I'd dream of hitting the streets on something like that monster. Now (many many years later and smarter), staying under 60 on my Stella and just enjoying the scenery as it passes by is beautiful; even if my heart still races while watching your Ducati link.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Wow. Nice engine. Now if they could just put all that effort and technology into giving a 125cc engine 25 horses.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Nice!
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
easy

Post by easy »

wow a ducati engine with camshaft bumps in the valve covers I never
what did you trade the day for?
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

And still someone is going to claim they are faster away from the traffic lights on their scooter..

The interesting thing is while this new superbike brings the monocoque frame derived from the GP bike to the streets, that frame was actually a failure for the last few years. In GP Ducati has ditched it and is going back to the traditional trellis frame!
But, too much has been invested in this project for them to scrap it.
It will be an incredible road bike. It will also be interesting to see how it develops as a WSB race bike.
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

I'll tall ya' what, that Ducati is nice and all but for the money I'll take one of these babies any day.

And if my wife would give me the OK, I'd be shopping tomorrow. When I was young I couldn't afford a Moto Guzzi, now that I can afford one my wife would freak if I came home with one.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Having roadraced for 12 years, and was decently quick...And I have owned 2 ducatis. 195HP scares the crap outta me..WWOW that sounds like fun, but what a handful.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Mybuddy09

Post by Mybuddy09 »

we need a dohc 125cc.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

When I taught MSF courses we had a small 125 cc Honda called the rainbow... It had some safety gadgets ( that didn't really work) for MSF use, but that bike without the MSF gadgets was a nice small bike.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?