Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to post too much on MB?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
chinaski
Member


Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Posts: 72
Location: Indy
2008 Buddy 125

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to post too much on MB? Reply with quote

Is it possible to post too much on MB?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Syd
Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 4689
Location: Tempe
'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much for the board? Or too much for you boss, spouse or health?
_________________
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TVB
Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 4961
Location: Grand Rapids MI
1999 Trek 7300 (Jim); 2009 Buddy 125 (Flash)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Smile
_________________
"Keep smelling the flowers, Todd" - Philip McCaleb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Syd
Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 4689
Location: Tempe
'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should listen to TVB and I. We have experience!

[EDIT]
Ugh. I'm not a grammar prude, but I can't believe I posted that.

You should listen to TVB and ME. We have experience!
[/EDIT]

_________________
The majority is always sane - Nessus


Last edited by Syd on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Lil Buddy
Member


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 851
Location: Tacoma, WA
09 Blazzle Jazzle Cannondale Scalpel 3000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry. Your a long ways away from "too much".

# Username --Location --Joined --Posts
1 ericalm --Los Angeles, CA --09 Jun 2006 --13750
2 Kaos --Portland, OR --19 May 2008 --4868
3 jfrost2 --Somewhere in Ohio --16 Feb 2008 --4814
4 Lostmycage --Richmond, VA --16 Jun 2008 --4135
5 KRUSTYburger --Pee-Cola, FL --09 Feb 2008 --3397
6 Skootz Kabootz --West Hollywood, CA --15 Nov 2008 --3313
7 illnoise --Chicago, IL --06 Sep 2006 --3243
8 jmazza --South Florida --11 Dec 2007 --2948
9 TVB --Grand Rapids MI -- 21 Feb 2009 --2791
10 jasondavis48108 --Ann Arbor --24 Apr 2009 --2783
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
viney266
Member


Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 2276
Location: westminster md
genuine Stella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...there is a Ford focus Forum I moderate on. Been on there since 2003...And I have over 20,000 posts...So you are okay. Don't worry. Embarassed
_________________
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
Skootz Kabootz
Member


Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 4335
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Genuine Buddy 150, Vespa GTS 300 Super Duper, Triumph Tiger 955i

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeze, look at that. I really gotta get a life... Razz
_________________


"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
synaps3
Member


Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 194
Location: Atlanta
Honda PCX 125

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viney266 wrote:
Yeah...there is a Ford focus Forum I moderate on. Been on there since 2003...And I have over 20,000 posts...So you are okay. Don't worry. Embarassed


HOLY **** that is a lot of posts. Wow. I have over 1k posts on three other forums (one is under the name maddiedog). I can't even remotely imagine spending 20k posts worth of time on a forum. That's dedication. I bet you know EVERYTHING about the Focus, which is really awesome in its own way. Cool

Edit: but back on topic, as long as you're helping keep conversation moving and helping others, there is no such thing as too many posts. The site owner, eric, is a great example of that. Every one of his posts that I've seen is helpful, and he has over 10k posts. Shocked

_________________
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
beastmaster
Member


Joined: 10 May 2011
Posts: 247
Location: Corpus christi texas
2007 Kymco People 125 S "Big wheels" 1996 honda shadow vt600 vlx "zilla"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Buddy wrote:
Don't worry. Your a long ways away from "too much".

# Username --Location --Joined --Posts
1 ericalm --Los Angeles, CA --09 Jun 2006 --13750
2 Kaos --Portland, OR --19 May 2008 --4868
3 jfrost2 --Somewhere in Ohio --16 Feb 2008 --4814
4 Lostmycage --Richmond, VA --16 Jun 2008 --4135
5 KRUSTYburger --Pee-Cola, FL --09 Feb 2008 --3397
6 Skootz Kabootz --West Hollywood, CA --15 Nov 2008 --3313
7 illnoise --Chicago, IL --06 Sep 2006 --3243
8 jmazza --South Florida --11 Dec 2007 --2948
9 TVB --Grand Rapids MI -- 21 Feb 2009 --2791
10 jasondavis48108 --Ann Arbor --24 Apr 2009 --2783




lol

_________________
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
viney266
Member


Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 2276
Location: westminster md
genuine Stella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synaps3 wrote:
viney266 wrote:
Yeah...there is a Ford focus Forum I moderate on. Been on there since 2003...And I have over 20,000 posts...So you are okay. Don't worry. Embarassed


HOLY **** that is a lot of posts. Wow. I have over 1k posts on three other forums (one is under the name maddiedog). I can't even remotely imagine spending 20k posts worth of time on a forum. That's dedication. I bet you know EVERYTHING about the Focus, which is really awesome in its own way. Cool

Edit: but back on topic, as long as you're helping keep conversation moving and helping others, there is no such thing as too many posts. The site owner, eric, is a great example of that. Every one of his posts that I've seen is helpful, and he has over 10k posts. Shocked


^^^ Probably 5K of mine are in the Focus tech section helpin' others. I am the tech guy there...And yeah, between me and a friend we have done it all. I own 2 he has 3, and one is a track car...But yeah, I can't imagine 20K either...but I have "em LOL

Also, a bunch are in our local regional section G2G's and such.

_________________
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
ScooterTrash
Member


Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 2027
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
05 Stella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site holds my highest number of posts and I've been on VW forums since 03
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3971


PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day
But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

Be like Mr Ed. Very Happy

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be posting on MB too much if…

…most of your posts are NSR.
…all of your posts are NSR.
…you're a troll.
…the lines between "sharing" and "oversharing" become blurred.
…your child is born and your first thought is to post it to MB.
… 25% or more of what you post is incoherent nonsense.
…a good friend comes to you with a problem and you tell him/her it's probably vapor lock.
…you name your pets after MB members.
…you know your post count, your post per day count, and track your site stats.
…you try to stop posting and break out in a sweat and start to shake.
…your Internet goes out and you become catatonic.
…you're on the secret list.

synaps3 wrote:
Edit: but back on topic, as long as you're helping keep conversation moving and helping others, there is no such thing as too many posts. The site owner, eric, is a great example of that. Every one of his posts that I've seen is helpful, and he has over 10k posts. Shocked

Thanks!

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator


Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 4499
Location: The Interwebz!
Scootypuff Sr.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
You may be posting on MB too much if…

…most of your posts are NSR.
…all of your posts are NSR.
…you're a troll.
…the lines between "sharing" and "oversharing" become blurred.
…your child is born and your first thought is to post it to MB.
… 25% or more of what you post is incoherent nonsense.
…a good friend comes to you with a problem and you tell him/her it's probably vapor lock.
…you name your pets after MB members.
…you know your post count, your post per day count, and track your site stats.
…you try to stop posting and break out in a sweat and start to shake.
…your Internet goes out and you become catatonic.
…you're on the secret list.


Oddly enough, you can qualify for that list with as little as two posts.

_________________
Check out Arrow Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Syd
Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 4689
Location: Tempe
'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
You may be posting on MB too much if…
…you're on the secret list.


Secret list? What's the secret list? Am I on the secret list? I never heard of a secret list (oh, I guess I'm not on it then huh?). Hmm, maybe I post too much.

_________________
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syd wrote:
Am I on the secret list?

Well, you weren't…

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
viney266
Member


Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 2276
Location: westminster md
genuine Stella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
Syd wrote:
Am I on the secret list?

Well, you weren't…



^^^^^ HAHAHAHA...perfect answer

I Know I"m going to sound like an idiot, as much time as I spend on the web, but "NSR" ??? I don't know that one.

_________________
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
AWinn6889
Member


Joined: 01 Sep 2011
Posts: 896
Location: Burnt Hills, NY
2012 Buddy 170i "Serenity"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viney266 wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Syd wrote:
Am I on the secret list?

Well, you weren't…



^^^^^ HAHAHAHA...perfect answer

I Know I"m going to sound like an idiot, as much time as I spend on the web, but "NSR" ??? I don't know that one.


Not Scooter Related

_________________
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
viney266
Member


Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 2276
Location: westminster md
genuine Stella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Thank you!...Well at least now I know why I hadn't seen that one before! Duh!
_________________
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
black sunshine
Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 410
Location: Atlanta
2007 Buddy 125

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viney266 wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Syd wrote:
Am I on the secret list?

Well, you weren't…



^^^^^ HAHAHAHA...perfect answer

I Know I"m going to sound like an idiot, as much time as I spend on the web, but "NSR" ??? I don't know that one.


Non-Scooter Related Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
Syd
Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 4689
Location: Tempe
'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWinn6889 wrote:
viney266 wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Syd wrote:
Am I on the secret list?

Well, you weren't…



^^^^^ HAHAHAHA...perfect answer

I Know I"m going to sound like an idiot, as much time as I spend on the web, but "NSR" ??? I don't know that one.


Not Scooter Related

And as you may have figured out by now NBR stands for "Not Buddy Related"

_________________
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viney266 wrote:
I Know I"m going to sound like an idiot, as much time as I spend on the web, but "NSR" ??? I don't know that one.

Answers to that and so much more are in the Modern Buddy/Scooter Lexicon and Glossary!

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
jasondavis48108
Member


Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 2943
Location: Ann Arbor
2010 Honda sh150i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
You may be posting on MB too much if…

…a good friend comes to you with a problem and you tell him/her it's probably vapor lock.


ROFL I just tell them that their relationship will be fine, its just not running quite right and they probably just need to rejet it Laughing

_________________
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
viney266
Member


Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 2276
Location: westminster md
genuine Stella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
viney266 wrote:
I Know I"m going to sound like an idiot, as much time as I spend on the web, but "NSR" ??? I don't know that one.

Answers to that and so much more are in the Modern Buddy/Scooter Lexicon and Glossary!


^^^ Missed that one....off to check it out!

_________________
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
JHScoot
Member


Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 2757
Location: Los Angeles
Genuine B / A125 / FZ6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja
_________________
Riding is riding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

  Scootergear designed by riders for riders


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
All Content Copyright 2007-2011 by Modern Buddy. All Rights Reserved.