Shad 29 interior?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

stiffi

Shad 29 interior?

Post by stiffi »

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody has the Shad 29 topcase would be willing to measure the INTERIOR for me? I bought the 26, only to find out my laptop is just too big to fit.

I like the size for everything else, and it fits well on the small scooter, but I need that extra space for when it rains.

So, I'm thinking of upgrading, but don't want to make the same mistake again. If you have the Shad 29 or even the 33, please let me know the internal meagurements.

Thanks!
Thought I was buying a Buddy and ended up with a People 150. Hanging out for the cool conversation!
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I don't know about the Shad, but I had a Coocase V36 Wizard and my 17" laptop fit in it (pictured on the black Buddy below).

Although I ended up selling that Buddy, with my current Buddy what I do is slightly different. I bought a second rack and made another mount (shown below). Additionally I built a platform that I use most of the time. It's on it's own rack. So if I want to use the platform (the one I use the most) I put that rack on, and when I want to use the topcase, I put the rack on that has the topcase mount on it. The topcase gets swapped between 2 different scooters, so it's pretty convenient to have the second mount for it.

Regarding the Fieldsheer Expander tail bag - that is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Not only will it hold my 17" laptop and soft lunch box, but when we go on trips, it holds quite a bit of stuff. It has pockets on either end, and a rain cover.

Anyhow, if you're interested, I have pictures of both the platform and the topcase mounting below.
Attachments
Misc platform etc - 800 x something.jpg
Misc platform etc - 800 x something.jpg (141.28 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Uses for platform - 800 x 469.jpg
Uses for platform - 800 x 469.jpg (164.8 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Coocase & Platform - 800 x 469.jpg
Coocase & Platform - 800 x 469.jpg (174.2 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's