Weather check

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chinaski

Weather check

Post by chinaski »

What was your morning commute temp? Mine was 42 this morning. Felt like 30. Pretty chilly.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

low 60s. Just as it is pretty much every morning :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Between 65°-68°.

It's actually unseasonably warm here right now.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

It was about 42 when I went to run some errands, with the breeze it felt much colder... did get up to a whopping 60 today!
Decided not to take the scoot to work this evening because it's supposed to get colder, and there were some pretty heavy clouds despite the lack of rain predicted in the forecast.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Really Southern Cal folks...really? I'd watch yer back if I were you as there are New Englanders everywhere.

Bring on the 19F, bring it with the slush and rough starts. Bring it.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Probably about 45ºF here this morning. I'm gonna have to dig out the leather jacket one of these days.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

In the upper 40's here this morning, but warming up nicely into the 60s for the ride home. We're getting a few days of reprieve from the rain, but it'll be back. Really, the 40's aren't bad with the right gear. I haven't even busted out the balaclava yet and I don't feel a need for it.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

It's not our fault! We can't control the weather. Just where we live. :P
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

This morning was amazing at 60. :D Saturday night...at 4am...that wasn't fun.
I miss my leg shield. :cry:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Cheshire wrote:This morning was amazing at 60. :D Saturday night...at 4am...that wasn't fun.
See what happens when you sell a scooter and buy an MC?
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Upper 50s this morning, lower 80s on the way home.

Have to love Georgia in October...
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

42 this morning. Then it dropped. Then it rained. Then the wind went crazy.
By the ride home, it was 45 and sunny with only some mild wind. I got lucky.

Supposed to be a freeze warning tonight so tomorrow morning will be cold. Not to worry. Just wear the right gear.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

ericalm wrote:
Cheshire wrote:This morning was amazing at 60. :D Saturday night...at 4am...that wasn't fun.
^^^ There ya' go.. A plus for a scoot, even over our motorcycles...Darn :wink:

46 this AM...but no scoot, had to haul lumber in the truck! :cry:
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

ericalm wrote:
:( But...but... Yes.
Between you and the people at my local shop, I'm never living that down, am I? :lol:
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Mid 40s this morning, but I took the Old VW in today as it was gonna rain this afternoon and evening. It's supposed to be cool all week, but dry by the time THE WORLD SERIES starts!!!! :D :D

But my new Joe Rocket Nova ($51) just showed up, so that'll help.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
heatherkay

Post by heatherkay »

Today was 45ish when I rode in and 55ish when I rode home. There was a chance of rain all day, but it wasn't supposed to really start raining until this evening, so I chanced it. Waterproofed my boots and packed my rain pants. Of course, by the time I had to go home, it wasn't raining exactly, but it was rainish. Drizzling and spats of rain. The rain pants and the Tempeste jacket worked like champs. Rode like a grannie all the way home because it was my first time riding in the rain(ish) and I knew that the fact it hadn't rained for more than a month would make things extra slick.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Cheshire wrote:
ericalm wrote:
:( But...but... Yes.
Between you and the people at my local shop, I'm never living that down, am I? :lol:
Nahhhhh, I kid but I love motorcycles. I'd own and ride one (sometimes) if I had one in the stable.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Mid-60s and 70s with wind gusts still here. Early mornings and after the sun goes down, we go down to 50. Our 'Indian summer' is clinging to life... for how much longer I have no idea...
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

siobhan wrote:Really Southern Cal folks...really? I'd watch yer back if I were you as there are New Englanders everywhere.

Bring on the 19F, bring it with the slush and rough starts. Bring it.
oh waa waa :cry: I lived in Cleveland for 8 years so I think I know all about sloppy, windy, icy, salty,bitter cold, grey 8-months -a- year riding. :lol: in my mind at least, I now deserve 63 degree winter days. :)
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

ericalm wrote: It's actually unseasonably warm here right now.
Same here, morning temps were in the upper 50's got to about 70 today, when I was on my way home from work it was back to about 55
BUT it's been 'warmer' than usual!! :rofl:
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
izark47

Post by izark47 »

About 53 here, but going to be 41 when i leave this morning, if it gets cold you can slow down, I really don't get cold until i hit about 45 mph.
Born to be Mild!!!
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I don't mind the 40's but I hate adjusting to riding when temps drop into the 30's and below. The ride in will be 39 deg today, that means wearing several layers on the ride in and carting a few of those layers home with me since it will be 56 on the ride home. Oh yeah, 56 and raining, woohoo! :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Today we have dry and 52 headed to 65, great Fall riding weather!

22 MPH wind gusting from the NNW today - fun buckin' ride to work this morning!
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

42 and dark. My colder weather jacket is not high-viz so I threw on my reflective safety vest this morning (as I did yesterday) so as to be less invisible.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

HowHH wrote:42 and dark. My colder weather jacket is not high-viz so I threw on my reflective safety vest this morning (as I did yesterday) so as to be less invisible.
More?
Gotta love our wonderful weather up here... not.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

izark47 wrote:About 53 here, but going to be 41 when i leave this morning, if it gets cold you can slow down, I really don't get cold until i hit about 45 mph.
^^^ Thats always the question on a fast bike...Go faster ...freeze and get through it...or slow down and not be as cold, but take longer. LOL

I have all the right gear from 38 years of riding, but even with the electrics on high and all the gear on. Anything below 25 is tough and below 15 is just brutal. I don't know How the finns and Norwegians do it.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

Mid 50's, nice mid 70's ride home. 8)
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Kind of hard to see, but...

We've been having the first flakes of the season today. Wonderful.
Attachments
Our "Severe Weather Alert," I'm sure you can guess... Freeze Warning, Sleet, Snow, Slush.
Our "Severe Weather Alert," I'm sure you can guess... Freeze Warning, Sleet, Snow, Slush.
Untitled.jpg (83.01 KiB) Viewed 3061 times
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

Uncle Groucho wrote:Upper 50s this morning, lower 80s on the way home.

yup! but tomorrow is gonna be rain-tastic :-p
Hwarang

Post by Hwarang »

Low 30's ... I think I'll winterize the fleet before I go outta town next week ...

/sad horns.
"Limitations are the soil from which creativity grows." - Zeldman
"All that glitters is not golden" - Shakespeare
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - Carl Sagan
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer ..." - Dune
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

A beautiful and sunny 50° this morning. Perfect with my leather jacket and a light sweater.

Been mid-high 70s in the day, 60s for the commute home. Love this weather!
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Update... we've dropped to a "feels like" temperature of 25, and the snow as become more snow-like and less slushy. Had to put on my down parka to get the mail!
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

A cool 36 degrees. Should be the same on Friday with the exception of some rain/snow mix. I will ride if it isn't snowing. Our Hi for Friday is predicted a balmy 49 to 51 degrees. Almost shorts, t-shirt, and sandles weather...ha ha! :lol: Hope to ride until the snow sticks to the ground.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

It's frikken freezing here right now. We're having a cold snap. It's about 80 degrees outside.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

It's sticking...

Mmmmm, deck snow. Delicious.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

I guess I can't complain that my neck gets cold during my morning ride in...
Attachments
weather.JPG
weather.JPG (52.88 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
CountChocula

I think we may have you all beat in Denver...

Post by CountChocula »

Between 8 and 13 inches of snow in the Denver Metro area!

The Funny thing is it was 78 Monday, and 63 Tuesday before the Front moved in. 50's the next few days LOL.
Attachments
snow.jpg
snow.jpg (160.31 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

ok, i'm shutting up about snow. We're supposed to get flakes tonight, but man, count and awinn, that's some serious weather.

and k1dude, I wish had something smart to say but I hate you.
And yeah, I could move, but I did the Cali thing...and I came screaming back to the east coast :lol:
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I missed the snow in Denver cuz I'm in Nicaragua for the week. It's frickin' hot and humid here! It's 88 with a "feels like" of 111.

Very few scooters. Mostly small displacement motorcycles. 100-125cc and a few 150's. Hondas, Suzukis, Yammys and a lot of Asian bikes we don't see in the States. I can't remember all of the names but one common make is Genesis.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

nothing new to report here. 60's and sunny (low 60's am, high 60's by evening). I did switch from a mesh to textile jacket. :P
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Well, all in all today/tonight, we've gotten a grand total of about 2 inches, of really heavy, slushy snow.... not including all of the rain we got before it started snowing. The temp has actually risen since this afternoon, despite the clear skies. Thankfully that means no more snow tonight!

...I have a feeling it's going to be a real task to try and find some decent pumpkins tomorrow. Oh boy.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

AWinn6889 wrote:Well, all in all today/tonight, we've gotten a grand total of about 2 inches, of really heavy, slushy snow.... not including all of the rain we got before it started snowing. The temp has actually risen since this afternoon, despite the clear skies. Thankfully that means no more snow tonight!

...I have a feeling it's going to be a real task to try and find some decent pumpkins tomorrow. Oh boy.
Meanwhile in schizo VA, we were forecasted for like 65 and mostly cloudy, and got like 75 and mostly sunny until the sun went down. Allegedly this will be the last set of warm days, and it ends tomorrow. Normally I would believe them, but they said that before the last 2 cold snaps...
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

It's been in the mid to upper 50's in the morning and around 75 degrees during the day. All in all, still nice riding weather. Too bad my scooter is still down and out...:(
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
TVB

Post by TVB »

This morning was First Frost. Switched from the mesh jacket with liner to the leather jacket, and added the tube-scarf-y thing that covers the bottom of my face and neck (the part of my head that my 3/4+shield doesn't cover).
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

black sunshine wrote:
Uncle Groucho wrote:Upper 50s this morning, lower 80s on the way home.

yup! but tomorrow is gonna be rain-tastic :-p
I'm glad you said this, my scooter is outside, disassembled, and uncovered! It looks like we're going to get some in the afternoon, so I should get home just in time to cover it all up. :shock:

Currently it is 60 degrees and sunny, with a high of 70. Scheduled to be the same after some brief rainfall this evening. 8)
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Actually, around these parts, it's considered mid-summer this time of year. Our summer doesn't start until around September. The temperatures last week was in the mid 80's. It'll start to get chilly soon enough though. By mid November we should be dropping into the 50's during the day. By January we'll get into the upper 40's. OK if you're a polar bear.:)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

babblefish wrote:Actually, around these parts, it's considered mid-summer this time of year. Our summer doesn't start until around September. The temperatures last week was in the mid 80's. It'll start to get chilly soon enough though. By mid November we should be dropping into the 50's during the day. By January we'll get into the upper 40's. OK if you're a polar bear.:)
..I am no polar bear, that sounds absolutely wonderful. Too bad living in California is almost as expensive as living in New York!
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Wow, We had a heat wave this morning. It was all the way up to 38 degrees. Just dressed up and enjoyed the ride in. It all of 50 when I road home this afternoon. Wish you all a great weekend.
Dibber is Out!
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
Lovelandstella

Re: I think we may have you all beat in Denver...

Post by Lovelandstella »

CountChocula wrote:Between 8 and 13 inches of snow in the Denver Metro area!
The Funny thing is it was 78 Monday, and 63 Tuesday before the Front moved in...
I'm glad you mentioned this- I drove through that at 9 o'clock at night! fun after the fact in a bragging type way - but not to fun to drive through.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

So I guess our 2 inches the other day was record breaking for this area... the previous record was like .8 inches for that day or something... nothing compared to the 6-10inches we are supposed to get between today and tomorrow. Guess I better dig out the shovels.